Author Topic: iPAD  (Read 15206 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
iPAD
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
What are you supposed to do with this piece of crap?  Read books?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:01:13 PM by steve dave »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: iPAD
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
save the trees?

:dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
menstruate on it?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »
Looks smug.......rumor has it asava has already ordered 5
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:32:13 PM by ben ji »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
it's like a netbook + kindle smashed together.  but a good one.  not a pos kindle or dell.  price point will be the determining factor.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Looks like an iPhone that doesn't fit in my pocket or make calls  :embarrassed:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »
it's like a netbook + kindle smashed together.  but a good one.  not a pos kindle or dell.  price point will be the determining factor.

16gb - 499

32gb - 599

64gb - 699

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »

16gb - 499

32gb - 599

64gb - 699

seems pretty expensive, but all apple products are.  i think it would be pretty cool to have one, but i doubt i buy one.  think about being able to sit on the couch or whatever and surf goEMAW.com without the weight/hassle of your  laptop.  or sit on a plane and watch movies/television shows, etc.  the battery life blows any laptop out of the water.   i like that some have 3G too, that would be pretty cool.  throw it in your briefcase and roll.

not trying to defend the thing outright, just seems kinda neat.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

16gb - 499

32gb - 599

64gb - 699

seems pretty expensive, but all apple products are.  i think it would be pretty cool to have one, but i doubt i buy one.  think about being able to sit on the couch or whatever and surf goEMAW.com without the weight/hassle of your  laptop.  or sit on a plane and watch movies/television shows, etc.  the battery life blows any laptop out of the water.   i like that some have 3G too, that would be pretty cool.  throw it in your briefcase and roll.

my sentiments exactly. don't think i'll buy one, but it would be cool to have. wondering what the service plan would be like for the 3g. also it never said anything about multitasking? i would imagine it would be very similar to the iphone in that respect, and if so, it would be pretty limited. seems like it has major potential, but i'm just intrigued by the o.s. more than anything.

hardware wise its pretty incredible, but its more of a software focused product.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
Just thought of something this would be amazing for.  The bathrooms of rich people. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »
Just thought of something this would be amazing for.  The bathrooms of rich people. 

would be pretty b.a. to have like 10 of them throughout a house. think we could convince apple to send us some for being K-state fans?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »

would be pretty b.a. to have like 10 of them throughout a house. think we could convince apple to send us some for being K-state fans?

Yep

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »

16gb - 499

32gb - 599

64gb - 699

my sentiments exactly. don't think i'll buy one, but it would be cool to have. wondering what the service plan would be like for the 3g. also it never said anything about multitasking? i would imagine it would be very similar to the iphone in that respect, and if so, it would be pretty limited. seems like it has major potential, but i'm just intrigued by the o.s. more than anything.

hardware wise its pretty incredible, but its more of a software focused product.
there are no 3G service plans, it's prepay.  can't remember the exact number but something like $14.99 for 250Mb, plenty for surfing the web, not meant for downloading though.  download via wife or usb at home before leaving for trip, or leaving house, then casual surf when away from free wifi.

no multitasking although i'm sure it will be jailbroken just like iphones, and i think you can multitask w/ jailbroken iphone.  lamest part of the announcement imo.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
any idea on networking capabilities? would it be possible to stream video, music, etc? would that be up to app developers?

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting one.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting one.

would look very elite sitting courtside on the media table of the OoD, not so much on the sidelines of a rice baseball game, would probably get dirt in it and stuff  :ohno: , heard it weights 1.5 lb and 1/2" thick, also I think it's $25/ month for 3G
I'm purple down

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting one.

would look very elite sitting courtside on the media table of the OoD, not so much on the sidelines of a rice baseball game, would probably get dirt in it and stuff  :ohno: , heard it weights 1.5 lb and 1/2" thick, also I think it's $25/ month for 3G
he wouldn't need 3G at the OOD.  $14.99 up to 250mb, $30 for unlimited

any idea on networking capabilities? would it be possible to stream video, music, etc? would that be up to app developers?
yes, it can stream HD at 720p.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »
If (when) I decide to get an ebook reader, this would be my first choice. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
OKCat is going to get one.  ELITE.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:57 PM »
not really meant for that if you plan on using it full time as an ereader.  doesn't use e-ink display.  i think it would work fine but i'm not reading novels on my monitor so i don't know for sure.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
This is such a piece of crap.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »
not really meant for that if you plan on using it full time as an ereader.  doesn't use e-ink display.  i think it would work fine but i'm not reading novels on my monitor so i don't know for sure.

Yeah,  I've tried a Kindle and didn't like it too much.  I think I'll prefer real books as long as we can get them.  So that's why this is attractive for me.  I can use it for ebooks, but it also has a bunch of other functionality.  Using it to surf the web while sitting on the couch or out and about looks like it would be great.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »
if i traveled a crap ton i would definitely get this little guy. it only makes sense.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
This is such a piece of crap.
i doubt it's a piece of crap, apple makes quality products.  definitely not for everyone though.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 08:08:37 PM »
if i traveled a crap ton i would definitely get this little guy. it only makes sense.

Def. my reasoning.  10 hour battery life?  Amazing.  Small enough to take it on planes and watch movies/do work.