Author Topic: WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here  (Read 11050 times)

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »
We all know you have a good offense... no reason to talk about that...

You are 112th in scoring defense, 112th!!!!  You gave up 63 points to Baylor, they don't have RG3 anymore.  How does this happen?  You can say they are 4th in points but they haven't played anyone with a D yet except TCU.  Your 70 points against them isn't impressive either since they suck at D. 

We are one of 4 teams to not allow more then 21 points in a game this year. #elite.  We run the ball all the time, you suck at stopping it.  Snyder will keep Geno on the sideline the whole game as CK marches up and down the field for touchdowns all day.

Actually now that I think about it you should stick to arguing about stereotypes because this football thing won't workout for you.   :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
With how good our team is and how bad their defense is I am afraid that we might not win the TOP this game.  Klein, Hubert or Baby Lockett will have their fair share of 1 play drives throughout this game...

Offline wvubrandon

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Our rushing defense is better than our pass defense. I can't get a good read on this game. Crazy things happen under the lights in Morgantown.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »
With how good our team is and how bad their defense is I am afraid that we might not win the TOP this game.  Klein, Hubert or Baby Lockett will have their fair share of 1 play drives throughout this game...

So you are seeing a KUesk game?  Sounds right.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
Our rushing defense is better than our pass defense. I can't get a good read on this game. Crazy things happen under the lights in Morgantown.

Is that like saying my fat sister isn't as fat as my fat mom?   :thumbsup:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 11:33:23 AM »
I'm thinking that Scheme Doctor isn't going to let Doerr squib kick the ball like Mack Brown chose to do.

Hard to say.

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »

Exactly.  Will look an awful lot like that game, except WVU probably won't score as much.  Crist is a more polished passer than WVU and KU has a better running game.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »

In all fairness, bruh...  judging by the collective band of excrement that shown up at goEMAW from WV, I'm guessing that crazy things happen 24/7/365 in Morgantown.

No?

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »

Exactly.  Will look an awful lot like that game, except WVU probably won't score as much.  Crist is a more polished passer than WVU and KU has a better running game.

Very true.  Crist was a 5* out of High School and played at Notre Dame, obviously he is the next Joe Montana.  He is just waiting to sign that #1 draft pick contract now.   :kstategrad:

Offline wvubrandon

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

In all fairness, bruh...  judging by the collective band of excrement that shown up at goEMAW from WV, I'm guessing that crazy things happen 24/7/365 in Morgantown.

No?

Eh, not as much as you'd think. We're pretty laid back for the most part.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »
What is the record for TOP or is that even kept? I heard we had about 40:30 against Iowa State, could be more this game.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »
Our corners are pretty physical and like to jam at the line of scrimmage. If it's within 5 yards, prepare to be jammed. (And some times even after 5 yards if we can get away with it, lol)

I've heard a lot about the WVU receivers, but one is hurt, so that's good news for the purple cats.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »
Have any WVU fans watched Kstate play at all? (will all our natl coverage the only way to avoid it would be not owning a tv lol)

I ask this just to gauge if real football talk is really going to be possible.

Do you have any HFBIQ poster who analize stats and make charts and ranking systems and crap?

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »

No?

Eh, not as much as you'd think. We're pretty laid back for the most part.

Looks like Brandon is the only one.  Carry the torch proudly, a whole commonwealth is on your shoulders!   :emawkid:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
I am kind of concerned about their YAC frankly.  And that Buie tearing off 6 yards every first down giving them short and makables.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
I am kind of concerned about their YAC frankly.  And that Buie tearing off 6 yards every first down giving them short and makables.

Yeah, we have let a lot of little short passes move the ball quickly on us recently and hope bill switches up something to prevent that a little more.  What is their running game like?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 01:59:23 PM »
I would rather give up 5-10 yard dumps than let Geno throw it over the top.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
Guys, I'll say it...WVU is terrible.

The barely beat a horrible Maryland team.

They scored 60 something points vs Baylor...BFD

They barely beat an awful Texas team

They got smoked by a good but not great Tech team

They are the most overhyped BXII team since '09 KU (if you aren't counting every Texas team since VY left or every OU team since '02)

We are going to absolutely clownsuit these guys.

The only way it is a game is if we are forced to blitz AB AND Tuggle to get pressure, as long as one fo them is in the middle to cut off the slant & gos, we're golden.

The CB's MUST play closer to the line than they have in any game this season, other than that, we needn't make many adjustments to our scheme.

KSU - 49  WVU - 23

:bill:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:08 PM »
Guys, I'll say it...WVU is terrible.

The barely beat a horrible Maryland team.

They scored 60 something points vs Baylor...BFD

They barely beat an awful Texas team

They got smoked by a good but not great Tech team

They are the most overhyped BXII team since '09 KU (if you aren't counting every Texas team since VY left or every OU team since '02)

We are going to absolutely clownsuit these guys.

The only way it is a game is if we are forced to blitz AB AND Tuggle to get pressure, as long as one fo them is in the middle to cut off the slant & gos, we're golden.

The CB's MUST play closer to the line than they have in any game this season, other than that, we needn't make many adjustments to our scheme.

KSU - 49  WVU - 23

:bill:

:love:

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
The first time Austin catches a short pass over the middle and gets judged he won't want to tiptoe into that territory every again.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
The first time Austin catches a short pass over the middle and gets judged he won't want to tiptoe into that territory every again.

Brings back the memory of AB killing that poor kid from OU.  T&Ps.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
You have to respect the WVU offense, they've proven to be legit. But you've also got to say that 3 of the last 4 weeks they've shown that they are human. They were nothing special against Maryland and Tech and did just enough against Texas to get the win. K-State can handle teams like this and they've proven this plenty the last two years. IMO, the keys for K-State's defense will be stopping the run (Tech held them to less than 4 YPC and Maryland held them to 25 yards total rushing) and forcing some turnovers. WVU will get some yards and drives, but the formula we used successfully against Baylor last year should hold true in this one. If K-State does that, they'll be fine and likely win.

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »
The wind is supposed to be blowing around 10mph on Saturday.  Is Geno Smith ok with that type of interference with his passes?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »

Brings back the memory of AB killing that poor kid from OU.  T&Ps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KH5G2C_x_EY#t=2176s
:adios:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
You have to respect the WVU offense, they've proven to be legit. But you've also got to say that 3 of the last 4 weeks they've shown that they are human. They were nothing special against Maryland and Tech and did just enough against Texas to get the win. K-State can handle teams like this and they've proven this plenty the last two years. IMO, the keys for K-State's defense will be stopping the run (Tech held them to less than 4 YPC and Maryland held them to 25 yards total rushing) and forcing some turnovers. WVU will get some yards and drives, but the formula we used successfully against Baylor last year should hold true in this one. If K-State does that, they'll be fine and likely win.

This gives me peace.