Author Topic: Directional Schools  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Directional Schools
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »
Friends of goEMAW,

I write this to you in the hopes that you save yourself, the many gallons of internet message board ink that need not be spilled over trading base words and insults with our friends to the East.  There are certain fights that ought not be fought--not so that men are misled or truth sacrificed; but because humility and manners dictate that as gentlemen and scholars we not humiliate children of God.  However imperfect their crudely molded approximations of his image may be. 

There are lands, even in the greatest country on Earth that are forsaken places, roamed by the beasts of poverty, ignorance, hatred and fear.  What possibly joy might we derive from discussing their plight?  What can be gained by drawing the eyes of our impressionable youth upon their suffering without first educating our own to the nature of their environment?   

We fitst ought to be mindful of our own forefathers.  Our forefathers, frontiersmen, molded our great city of Manhattan into a diverse, modern, beautiful, youthful, urban, college city nestled at the bosom of the bountiful Flint Hills.  We see these as our birthright, but it was not always that way.  Indeed, there were struggles for many in the early days.  That is not to say that our own hard work has gone unrecognized, in fact the lifestyle afforded our scholars is consistently recognized by a variety of publications as the epitome of "the good life."  But I am sad to say friends, that not everyone has what we have, not every soul that yearns for knowledge is able to discover it, not every habitable dwelling is a home we would recognize.

I will share a personal story that may better illustrate my point.  There was once a man.  He was a Cornishmen and worked in the mines.  He had no future, no savings, no future.  One day a fellow Cornishmen offered him an opportunity, but it required him to move a great distance on the word of his countrymen.  He declined the offer.  The man with the opportunity moved to Detroit, worked the 1st shift at Ford, then opened a tool and die shop that operated on 3rd shift.  Eventually he left the assembly line and grew his business into a very successful operation.  His children went on to get an education, while the man who had declined his offer continued toiling in the mines, his family and life in ruins.  When my father moved to Kansas, Detroit was the same dead end for him that the mines were for the generation before him. 

What does this story teach us?  Certainly not to hate the man left behind.  To the contrary!  We should educate them about the opportunities of the lands beyond as we visit their homes.  Spread the good, prosperous word of EMAW to the ignorant and the indigent.  These people deserve not our mockery or scorn, but our compassion.  You see, directional schools and directional states always have a chip on their shoulder.  In the hearts they know that they somehow missed the train.  This is our chance, our opening, to provide them with the truth.

Take this opportunity from this day forward friends.  Try to make them see the light before Saturday.  If we cannot reach them, perhaps Collin Klein and Arthur Brown's righteous anger will have them reconsider.  Not everyone is able to see their path until they are forced to see it and even then many will not follow it.  For the forsaken horde that stays behind burning couches and drinking moonshine, they will be condemned to live in filth amongst the consequences of their choice. 

My fellow Wildcats, I beseech you to be the difference in a West Virginian's life this week.  Our youngster's need our example as much as the directional schools do.  Don't let them down.

with EMAW,
Kat Kid

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Re: Directional Schools
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 12:20:04 AM »
Where do I donate my extra canned goods?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »
Where do I donate my extra canned goods?

Give a man a can of corn, you feed him for one meal.  Lead him to Northeast KS and he will harvest maximum yield for generations.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »
 :thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

I was most pleased to see your work with the West Virginians DRew.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
Can't we teach them to grow crap in their own state?  Hydroponics and stuff. I've seen it at Epcot.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:38:35 AM »

I was most pleased to see your work with the West Virginians DRew.
buncha childish jerks over there

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline username123

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
Except West Virginia is not a directional school.  Think about it.

I'm sure you can figure it out with that elite higher edumacation you like to brag about.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:57:57 AM »
West Virginia - Located in the east, but just as racist as the south

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 01:02:18 AM »

I'm sure you can figure it out with that elite higher edumacation you like to brag about.

WEST Virginia.

i'll just let that settle in your primitive brain for a moment.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
West Virginia - Located in the east, but just as racist as the south
fought for the North!

Offline username123

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:54 AM »

WEST Virginia.

I so hoped you could have figured it out but not surprised after reading this.

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/statuses/258303261914853376

Mitch Sherman
@mitchsherman

Visited K-State today. A highlight: WR Chris Harper said a few Wildcats debated whether West Virginia is, in fact, one of the 50 states.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:34:56 AM by username123 »

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 01:33:00 AM »

WEST Virginia.

Mitch Sherman
@mitchsherman

Visited K-State today. A highlight: WR Chris Harper said a few Wildcats debated whether West Virginia is, in fact, one of the 50 states.

Just looked it up. Confirmed. Not a state.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline username123

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
Hawaii would REALLY blow their minds if they ever find out about it... Oops, I didn't mean to say that out loud.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
Hawaii would REALLY blow their minds if they ever find out about it... Oops, I didn't mean to say that out loud.

Hawaii. Looked it up. Confirmed. Is a state.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline username123

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 01:53:42 AM »
You must be getting your information from the Discovery Institute.  That is so 6 years ago. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Directional Schools
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 02:02:44 AM »

WEST Virginia.

Mitch Sherman
@mitchsherman

Will need a ruling from the mods, but at first glance this sounds donation-worthy.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 06:45:21 AM »
that absolutely is. Chris is my favorite wildcat of all time.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Directional Schools
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »
that absolutely is. Chris is my favorite wildcat of all time.

Yes. He is rough ridin' amazing.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
Report from the field:

I encountered a group of hobos today from West Virginia.  I gave them a ride and a tip about a job at Britt's Market.  They were thankful and before I departed I gave them each a Gott Lieb? purple headband to keep their unkempt and greasy locks out of their faces while out in the fields.  They seemed much obliged and we parted with an EMAW!

Any other success stories?

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
 :thumbs: I approve this cause/thread.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »
Report from the field:

I encountered a group of hobos today from West Virginia.  I gave them a ride and a tip about a job at Britt's Market.  They were thankful and before I departed I gave them each a Gott Lieb? purple headband to keep their unkempt and greasy locks out of their faces while out in the fields.  They seemed much obliged and we parted with an EMAW!

Any other success stories?

I complimented the guy who shines my shoes on his WVU degree hanging beside the stand.  I then gave him a bigger tip than usual

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
I told my friend in West Virginia to hang in there and stay optimistic, she'll find a guy with a job one day.  She replied back with a "thanks :)" and it felt great to bring sunshine to that part of the world.   :thumbs:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
I told my friend in West Virginia to hang in there and stay optimistic, she'll find a guy with a job one day.  She replied back with a "thanks :)" and it felt great to bring sunshine to that part of the world.   :thumbs:

Sometimes words can be pretty powerful.  Sounds like you lifted her up pretty well

Offline GayState

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
People on this board accusing someone else of having ignorance, hate and fear???? Out of all the lame attempts to be funny on this board, that one is the funniest. Such "tolerant" and "compassionate" liberals, aren't you? And what does the rest of the country think of YOUR state?