Author Topic: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took  (Read 21579 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »
Mr. Bread watched oscar Weber destroy something he loved.  He can vent however he wants.

No College of Charleston bbs'r is gonna get me to stop telling them how much Webber sucks ten years from now.

The Illinois AD has shown the capacity to eff up and KSU's AD isn't immune to that.

People living in glass houses shouldn't be hurling rocks.

I wasn't consulted.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
Mr. Bread watched oscar Weber destroy something he loved.  He can vent however he wants.

No College of Charleston bbs'r is gonna get me to stop telling them how much Webber sucks ten years from now.

The Illinois AD has shown the capacity to eff up and KSU's AD isn't immune to that.

:confused:

Is the poster Mr. Bread in a glass house because the Illinois AD has mumped up in the past?

He talks like he's some sort of guru on coaches and has some sort of elevated state to criticize from, when the fanbase when he comes from actually has a worse AD than KSU, both historically and currently.

I wouldn't call that a source of sage advice.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »
Frank was in the process of destroying what had been somewhat built at K-State, that's why he was looking to jettison K-State just as quickly as he possibly could . . . as I've said before, he deserves an A+ for his conceptulization and presentation of his martyr complex.

This thread has nothing to do with Frank.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 09:54:48 AM »

Is the poster Mr. Bread in a glass house because the Illinois AD has mumped up in the past?

He talks like he's some sort of guru on coaches and has some sort of elevated state to criticize from, when the fanbase when he comes from actually has a worse AD than KSU, both historically and currently.

I hope if I ever went on another team's bbs (I don't), I wouldn't be judged based on John Currie.

I think he talks like exactly what he is - a guy pissed off about what happened to his team over the prior decade, and seeing familiar things happening here.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
sweet jesus. how many times is this type of thread going to play out?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
Frank was in the process of destroying what had been somewhat built at K-State, that's why he was looking to jettison K-State just as quickly as he possibly could . . . as I've said before, he deserves an A+ for his conceptulization and presentation of his martyr complex.

Don't be a dumbass cRusty.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »

300+.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:34 AM »

This article (and the resulting thread) was about 98.7% predictable when oscar was hired.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »

What in the world? To me he just seems like he is giving his honest opinion on oscar Weber, after spending 10 years watching a oscar Weber coached team. Why wouldn't we welcome an opinion from someone that has watched every game of our current coach for the last 10 years?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »

I hope if I ever went on another team's bbs (I don't), I wouldn't be judged based on John Currie.

I think he talks like exactly what he is - a guy pissed off about what happened to his team over the prior decade, and seeing familiar things happening here.

Did I miss our 1st game?

We're talking media day, not a game, not a game, MEDIA DAY.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »

What in the world? To me he just seems like he is giving his honest opinion on oscar Weber, after spending 10 years watching a oscar Weber coached team. Why wouldn't we welcome an opinion from someone that has watched every game of our current coach for the last 10 years?

Because we get it already dumbass. 

This SisterHoodofthePerpetualFrankButthurt eats it up because they're dumbass suckers who don't know when they've been played.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:42 AM »

Don't be a dumbass cRusty.

No, YOU don't be a dumbass. You know this thread is completely different if we hadn't hired a piece of crap coach.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »

Did I miss our 1st game?

:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »

Did I miss our 1st game?

I thought you were a recruiting guy.  You're not getting mad at Mr. Bread because of his posts in this one thread about things Nino and Doc and the other FPs said at media day, are you?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »
Look at the FrankTucks melting down.

Still pining for a coach who never had any intention of staying at K-State beyond 4 or 5 years.

you're the first person in this thread to mention frank, jackass.

Must have hit home . . . t&p's Daris.

nothing hit home dax. you basically just posted that two plus two was five and i responded by letting you know that it was four and that you're a jackass.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

This article (and the resulting thread) was about 98.7% predictable when oscar was hired.

You really went conservative with those odds.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »

This is a really strange argument.  Wouldn't my having experienced firsthand a number of terrible Illinois coaching hires (oscar Weber in particular) make me more qualified to discuss the subject than less?  I love college basketball.  I watched two coaches make Illinois basketball relevant and then I watched oscar come in initially and improve on what they had done.  I hated the hire, but I bought in because of the initial success.  I then watched for six years as oscar systematically dismantled what had been built.  Not what he had built.  He only profited from it and then he destroyed it. 

The AD that hired Weber, also gave him three more years than he deserved and still didn't fire him.  He retired and left it to the next guy to fire Weber his first year on the job.  It was beyond brutal to watch that happen.  I bear some substantial ill will to Weber personally.  I get why you don't like me commenting on it.  I serve as reminder that you're stuck with Weber.  I'm like a guy following you around after you've been diagnosed with cancer, making sure you didn't forget that you have cancer, and also reminding you of all the ways that cancer sucks and is bad for you. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »

i don't think you're very familiar with illinois basketball.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »

Did I miss our 1st game?

I thought you were a recruiting guy.  You're not getting mad at Mr. Bread because of his posts in this one thread about things Nino and Doc and the other FPs said at media day, are you?

Haven't seen recruiting mentioned once in this thread, wasn't talking about that at all, what I do find  funny is that everyone is freaking about media day.

Not as funny as Illinois football and the Tim Beckman hire, but still amsuing.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »

i don't think you're very familiar with illinois basketball.

Not at all.  I remember when they beat the squawks in the tourney a while back.  Also know that they were (are?) Daris' 2nd (1st?) favorite team.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »

Did I miss our 1st game?

Haven't seen recruiting mentioned once in this thread, wasn't talking about that at all, what I do find  funny is that everyone is freaking about media day.

Not as funny as Illinois football and the Tim Beckman hire, but still amsuing.

I'm speaking generally about Mr. Bread's time at goEMAW, but you know that.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 10:29:21 AM »

This is a really strange argument.  Wouldn't my having experienced firsthand a number of terrible Illinois coaching hires (oscar Weber in particular) make me more qualified to discuss the subject than less?  I love college basketball.  I watched two coaches make Illinois basketball relevant and then I watched oscar come in initially and improve on what they had done.  I hated the hire, but I bought in because of the initial success.  I then watched for six years as oscar systematically dismantled what had been built.  Not what he had built.  He only profited from it and then he destroyed it. 

The AD that hired Weber, also gave him three more years than he deserved and still didn't fire him.  He retired and left it to the next guy to fire Weber his first year on the job.  It was beyond brutal to watch that happen.  I bear some substantial ill will to Weber personally.  I get why you don't like me commenting on it.  I serve as reminder that you're stuck with Weber.  I'm like a guy following you around after you've been diagnosed with cancer, making sure you didn't forget that you have cancer, and also reminding you of all the ways that cancer sucks and is bad for you.

Open scrimmage before Texas Tech fball game on Oct 27.

I'm genuinely looking forward to it, let's ball it up.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »

I might go, depending on my booze situation.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »

If that article had shown up as a cut/paste quote in this thread, I would have assumed Pete wrote it as a joke.

Basketball is sad.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

I might go, depending on my booze situation.

Go Cats

:combofan: