Author Topic: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took  (Read 21580 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »
Look at the FrankTucks melting down.

Still pining for a coach who never had any intention of staying at K-State beyond 4 or 5 years.

you're the first person in this thread to mention frank, jackass.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »
Multiple players mentioned that Weber is putting more of an early emphasis on offense, while Martin's focus was more at the defensive end, plus there has been a host of new "how to" teaching assignments.

"We're getting some of them to break some habits that they've had for three years," said Weber. "They're not bad habits, but different habits. That includes how you help on defense, where you help, and how you deny and how you defend screens. We just do it differently. They were successful with how they did things, but we do it another way."

Weber added, "There's a saying that it takes 29 days to create a habit, well, we're trying to break some three-year-old habits in a short amount of time."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:58 AM »
Frank was successful at defense?  LOL.  Weber is truly a thoughful, caring individual to say such a thing.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Multiple players mentioned that Weber is putting more of an early emphasis on offense, while Martin's focus was more at the defensive end, plus there has been a host of new "how to" teaching assignments.

"We're getting some of them to break some habits that they've had for three years," said Weber. "They're not bad habits, but different habits. That includes how you help on defense, where you help, and how you deny and how you defend screens. We just do it differently. They were successful with how they did things, but we do it another way."

Weber added, "There's a saying that it takes 29 days to create a habit, well, we're trying to break some three-year-old habits in a short amount of time."

Weber makes it really rough ridin' hard not to actively hate him.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
One good thing is that webber taught me how cool polo shirts can be when tucked in to basketball shorts.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »
That article is literally a laundry list of why Weber failed at Illinois.  His "offense" and how none of the players ever have any idea what the eff they are supposed to do.  Motion without purpose.  Zero fear or accountability on the part of the players breeding listlessness and apathy.  A team full of FPs crafted in the image of their maker.  Blame shifting and excuses galore following the inevitable failure, but never any actual adjustments.  The course shall be stayed, because of course oscar knows best.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
 :bawl:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »
That article is literally a laundry list of why Weber failed at Illinois.  His "offense" and how none of the players ever have any idea what the eff they are supposed to do.  Motion without purpose.  Zero fear or accountability on the part of the players breeding listlessness and apathy.  A team full of FPs crafted in the image of their maker.  Blame shifting and excuses galore following the inevitable failure, but never any actual adjustments.  The course shall be stayed, because of course oscar knows best.   
I hate you for this post.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
Good thing KSU doesn't have a coach this year. They'll go out and play street ball and finish 2nd in the conference, so this should be a fun year to watch basketball.

I agree Mr. Bread, thanks for the kind words.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
Good thing KSU doesn't have a coach this year. They'll go out and play street ball and finish 2nd in the conference, so this should be a fun year to watch basketball.

I agree Mr. Bread, thanks for the kind words.

I really liked this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »
At least our players seem happy.  They are super-adorable, and I only want the best for them, so I like seeing them happy.  Think of how many more smiles we will be getting from Rod and Shane this year!  It's going to be great at least until we start getting beat by tough, disciplined basketball teams that have their fun by winning basketball games.
:adios:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
At least our players seem happy.  They are super-adorable, and I only want the best for them, so I like seeing them happy.  Think of how many more smiles we will be getting from Rod and Shane this year!  It's going to be great at least until we start getting beat by tough, disciplined basketball teams that have their fun by winning basketball games.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7601431/THERE IS CRYING IN HOOPS

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7601431/THERE IS CRYING IN HOOPS

So was that your reaction after 45-0 this past weekend?

oscar Weber may be a bad hire, but there's no way he's going to be as rough ridin' bad as Tim Beckman.

:lol:

Keep up the oscar obsession though Mr. Bread, you've clearly got a captive audience here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
Look at the FrankTucks melting down.

Still pining for a coach who never had any intention of staying at K-State beyond 4 or 5 years.

you're the first person in this thread to mention frank, jackass.

Must have hit home . . . t&p's Daris.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »

oscar Weber may be a bad hire, but there's no way he's going to be as rough ridin' bad as Tim Beckman.

Keep up the oscar obsession though Mr. Bread, you've clearly got a captive audience here.

Nothing worse than a fan of college athletics perpetual underachievers always having to weigh in here.

Sad.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »
Mr. Bread watched oscar Weber destroy something he loved.  He can vent however he wants.

No College of Charleston bbs'r is gonna get me to stop telling them how much Webber sucks ten years from now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Same with me, our fans and frank

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
I wonder what this article would have looked like had we hired Gottleib.

(sigh)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Nino and Doc - Didn't have what it took
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »

rough ridin' awesome

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
Mr. Bread watched oscar Weber destroy something he loved.  He can vent however he wants.

No College of Charleston bbs'r is gonna get me to stop telling them how much Webber sucks ten years from now.

The Illinois AD has shown the capacity to eff up and KSU's AD isn't immune to that.

People living in glass houses shouldn't be hurling rocks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »

rough ridin' awesome

And from the NY Times.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

Nothing worse than a fan of college athletics perpetual underachievers always having to weigh in here.

Sad.

I actually agree about the Beckman part.  He's already a comically bad hire.  As for Illinois football?  Pffft.  They've been terrible for decades.  I'd say there's only scar tissue there, but there wasn't a wound to begin with.  You can't miss what never existed.  I've never been a fan of Illinois football, because I don't support routine failure.  They want to get their crap together for more than one season every eight or nine years, maybe I'll think about paying attention.  Until then, eff them for being a constant embarrassment. 

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »

(sigh)

Gottlieb would've had Kellis fired so it's hard to say.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »

The Illinois AD has shown the capacity to eff up and KSU's AD isn't immune to that.

People living in glass houses shouldn't be hurling rocks.

:confused:

Is the poster Mr. Bread in a glass house because the Illinois AD has mumped up in the past?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Frank was in the process of destroying what had been somewhat built at K-State, that's why he was looking to jettison K-State just as quickly as he possibly could . . . as I've said before, he deserves an A+ for his conceptulization and presentation of his martyr complex.