Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366967 times)

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #2275 on: October 18, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »
I am from WV, born and raised.  All these negative comments are a sign of the true stupidity and stereotyping that goes on in this country.  First of all, just because we live in the mountains, we aren't straight out of deliverance.  Every state has it's own white trash that makes it look bad, but don't judge everyone on the few.  I, and every other member of my family, am college educated.  I have 3 degrees working on a 4th.  My degrees are in Psychology, Graphic Design, and Studio Art, and I'm working on a degree in education (I am a college professor, so I might as well have a degree in education too).  Never have I dated, married, or ever had sex with a family member.  The internet actually has stats that show Kansas is the imbreeder state.  I have new clothes, many pairs of shoes, even a couple of pairs for church on Sunday, and I don't walk around with a rifle at all.  We have modern cars, not 1920's rebuilds.  Oh, and guess what, everyone here has computers and the internet.  And, yes, we do have airports for the titty babies that are too afraid to drive our roads that we get around on every day.  What some of you immature idiots aren't thinking about is 90% of the WVU players are not from here, so when you are putting them down, there is a chance you are putting someone down from your own state.  West Virginia deserves every chance anyone else gets.  The reason everyone on here is complaining, is they know there is a HUGE chance WVU is going to kick your butts up and down the playing field.

well, this explains the whole 51st in education rankings from earlier.. when their college professors are writing at a 7th grade level it's gonna be a bit of an uphill climb.

6.37 but who's counting?

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 18, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
6.37 but who's counting?

10th grade level and i'm not even a psychology, art, and design professor!
Just when i thought this couldn't get worse for us, these dimwitted backwoods barbarians are going to tarnish our academic reputation even more than that of our proud football program. 

After following the leadership of a white supremacist senator for 50 years, WVU decided to throw whatever credibility they had left out the window by granting a phony degree to the Governor's daughter.  That's right, they falsified her transcript by adding grades for six classes she never took and changing two incompletes to A's.  All this was done to give her a MBA that she never earned. 

As it is, we're on same academic tier as Stanford, MIT, and ivy league schools...but i don't see how we can achieve our 2025 goals when the value of our diploma is being dragged through the mud by our association with this diploma mill.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 18, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
I am from WV, born and raised.  All these negative comments are a sign of the true stupidity and stereotyping that goes on in this country.  First of all, just because we live in the mountains, we aren't straight out of deliverance.  Every state has it's own white trash that makes it look bad, but don't judge everyone on the few.  I, and every other member of my family, am college educated.  I have 3 degrees working on a 4th.  My degrees are in Psychology, Graphic Design, and Studio Art, and I'm working on a degree in education (I am a college professor, so I might as well have a degree in education too).  Never have I dated, married, or ever had sex with a family member.  The internet actually has stats that show Kansas is the imbreeder state.  I have new clothes, many pairs of shoes, even a couple of pairs for church on Sunday, and I don't walk around with a rifle at all.  We have modern cars, not 1920's rebuilds.  Oh, and guess what, everyone here has computers and the internet.  And, yes, we do have airports for the titty babies that are too afraid to drive our roads that we get around on every day.  What some of you immature idiots aren't thinking about is 90% of the WVU players are not from here, so when you are putting them down, there is a chance you are putting someone down from your own state.  West Virginia deserves every chance anyone else gets.  The reason everyone on here is complaining, is they know there is a HUGE chance WVU is going to kick your butts up and down the playing field.

This reads like an awkward asian exchange student looking for a roommate on craigslist.

"I have new clothes, many pair of shoes, even a couple of pairs for church on Sunday".

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: October 18, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

well, this explains the whole 51st in education rankings from earlier.. when their college professors are writing at a 7th grade level it's gonna be a bit of an uphill climb.

6.37 but who's counting?

my goodness.. and here i thought i was being hyperbolic. t's and p's coal aggies. t's and p's.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 18, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »
they must be passing around some kind of form letter for this

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: October 18, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
I got from that audio blog: if you make a couple jokes, win the game, then "fans" in Morgantown will just beat the crap out of every opposing fan. It's almost like they don't know we used to play at Colorado every other year. I wonder if the western Virginia Headmaster approves of his flock inciting violence. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
I got from that audio blog: if you make a couple jokes, win the game, then "fans" in Morgantown will just beat the crap out of every opposing fan. It's almost like they don't know we used to play at Colorado every other year. I wonder if the western Virginia Headmaster approves of his flock inciting violence.

Well they went from a conference full of a bunch of rude city folks to a conference full of rude country folks.  I can understand their frustration.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
jfc I'm 30 pages behind again.  :sdeek:  anything interesting happen since page 125 (about 1pm today)? tia
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:07 PM »

i mean just dont take women,children or women on the verge of having children and you should be fine

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/26/lsu-fans-victims-of-assault-after-west-virginia-game/

Offline MissleLaneus

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
I love that about every other page has the giant block of text from some fired up Virginian telling us about how great they're state is. I KNOW I"VE BEEN TOO THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL YOU HILLBILLIES!

As a West Virginian I was going to get upset about this thread and then I saw this post and realized what kind of people we're dealing with. West Virginia is actually its own state, has been since 1863. It's how great "their" state is, not how great they are state is and you'll want to use an apostrophe in "I've", not quotation marks. You've been "to" the Lincoln Memorial. Also, the Lincoln Memorial is in Washington D.C., not Virginia.

Not sure why you guys think you're the cream-of-the-crop in the Big 12 just because you're having one good season. Oklahoma, Texas, and more recently OSU have owned the Big 12.

Have fun and may your futures be filled with F5 tornadoes.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
jfc I'm 30 pages behind again.  :sdeek:  anything interesting happen since page 125 (about 1pm today)? tia

Just listen to that podcast blog, they cover it pretty well imho.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 18, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
I wouldn't wish this evil on anybody.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 18, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
I love that about every other page has the giant block of text from some fired up Virginian telling us about how great they're state is. I KNOW I"VE BEEN TOO THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL YOU HILLBILLIES!

As a West Virginian I was going to get upset about this thread and then I saw this post and realized what kind of people we're dealing with. West Virginia is actually its own state, has been since 1863. It's how great "their" state is, not how great they are state is and you'll want to use an apostrophe in "I've", not quotation marks. You've been "to" the Lincoln Memorial. Also, the Lincoln Memorial is in Washington D.C., not Virginia.

Not sure why you guys think you're the cream-of-the-crop in the Big 12 just because you're having one good season. Oklahoma, Texas, and more recently OSU have owned the Big 12.

Sick burn!  Welcome to the Big XII.

Offline MissleLaneus

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 18, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »

Sick burn!  Welcome to the Big XII.

Happy to be here

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 18, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »

3.79  The last one must have actually been a professor...

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 18, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »

Congrats, but we were already establishing a University while you were just becoming a state. Get with the times!

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 18, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »

Oh look, another block of text.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 18, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

[/quote

link?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline MissleLaneus

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »

Congrats, but we were already establishing a University while you were just becoming a state. Get with the times!

Kansas became a state only two years before West Virginia did

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »

Which makes us older and wiser.   :dubious:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: October 18, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »

So? We started a University within 2 years of having a state. It took your state 4 years to fund a University.

Kansas: Twice as fast
West Virginia: Twice as stupid

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 18, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »

[/quote

link?

/my attempt at backwoodsy humor

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 18, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »

3.79  The last one must have actually been a professor...

:surprised: :runaway:

Offline CanConfirm

• Fan
  • Mercurial MS Paint enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
Hey, gang. CanConfirm here.

Things have been really busy since last week's Nobel announcements, so I haven't made a predicto yet (stay tuned--coming tomorrow) and certainly :MartaviousDNR: this behemoth of a thread.

However, I thought that now that we're 150+ pages into it, it would make a lot of sense to bring up this old work of mine. Interested to hear your thoughts, WVU compadres.

Go Scuba Duplex Cats!
 :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »
 :thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]