Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366314 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1975 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
The answer is that playing WVU will not harm the image of KSU's football program. KSU and their football fans ultimately present the image of KSU's football program. Unfortunately, from what I have seen posted here the image is grim. What seemed like a question about football programs became a forum to denigrate the people of West Virginia. The references used here about people in WV are the same old anecdotes that have always been said about us. I have never been to Manhattan or any other city/town in Kansas, but I certainly would not judge the state or any city/town based on what I "think" I know about KS. In 1863 WV seceded from Virginia based on differences in beliefs about the treatment of fellow human beings by confederate states. The state separation line was the more rugged parts of the Appalachian mountains. The people of WV have worked extremely hard to make the state a home they could be proud of. Coal still fuels most of America's electrical power generator plants, if you have electricity then more than likely you have benefited from the results of a hard working WV coal miner. West Virginians have built interstate highways, dams, railroads, towns, bridges and more in some of the most rugged places in the country. This took intelligent innovative engineering, teamwork and good old fashioned sweat. The people of WV are different than a lot of people in the world, they care about other people enough to help other people. Who are "other people"? It is anyone but themselves, it could be a family member, a friend, a neighbor, or a stranger, yes even a KSU Football fan. If someone needs help the people of WV will be there to help. That's just the way we are.
As far as football goes, we love our Mountaineers, we support our Mountaineers. The WVU football program is strong. Say what you will, but remember the Mountaineers have taken care of business,  Georgia 2005, Oklahoma 2008, Clemson 2011 are all bowl games WV was supposed to lose to higher ranked teams from "better" conferences. KSU lost bowl games in 2006 and 2010 to Big East Conference Teams. I certainly recognize KSU's strong football history, but to say that KSU is to be spoken about like Notre Dame is just plain delusional arrogance on your part KSU fans. In closing let me point out the facts: KSU and WVU are not so different, see attached image.
Thank you for taking time to read this post.                         I am proud to be a West Virginian.                             LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

Offline Dept of Homeland Security

• Fan
  • If you see something, say something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
Come on guys. You know I have to fill out a 2 page report for every post in this thread, right? Have some mercy.
Not the real Department of Homeland Security

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
The answer is that playing WVU will not harm the image of KSU's football program. KSU and their football fans ultimately present the image of KSU's football program. Unfortunately, from what I have seen posted here the image is grim. What seemed like a question about football programs became a forum to denigrate the people of West Virginia. The references used here about people in WV are the same old anecdotes that have always been said about us. I have never been to Manhattan or any other city/town in Kansas, but I certainly would not judge the state or any city/town based on what I "think" I know about KS. In 1863 WV seceded from Virginia based on differences in beliefs about the treatment of fellow human beings by confederate states. The state separation line was the more rugged parts of the Appalachian mountains. The people of WV have worked extremely hard to make the state a home they could be proud of. Coal still fuels most of America's electrical power generator plants, if you have electricity then more than likely you have benefited from the results of a hard working WV coal miner. West Virginians have built interstate highways, dams, railroads, towns, bridges and more in some of the most rugged places in the country. This took intelligent innovative engineering, teamwork and good old fashioned sweat. The people of WV are different than a lot of people in the world, they care about other people enough to help other people. Who are "other people"? It is anyone but themselves, it could be a family member, a friend, a neighbor, or a stranger, yes even a KSU Football fan. If someone needs help the people of WV will be there to help. That's just the way we are.
As far as football goes, we love our Mountaineers, we support our Mountaineers. The WVU football program is strong. Say what you will, but remember the Mountaineers have taken care of business,  Georgia 2005, Oklahoma 2008, Clemson 2011 are all bowl games WV was supposed to lose to higher ranked teams from "better" conferences. KSU lost bowl games in 2006 and 2010 to Big East Conference Teams. I certainly recognize KSU's strong football history, but to say that KSU is to be spoken about like Notre Dame is just plain delusional arrogance on your part KSU fans. In closing let me point out the facts: KSU and WVU are not so different, see attached image.
Thank you for taking time to read this post.                         I am proud to be a West Virginian.                             LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

DNR

Offline Kitspon

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »

Well said sir might I add that WVU also has a top ranked engineering program and ksu also lost to marshall in '03

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
 :cry:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
I am off to go hunting.  keep logging the threats of violence as well as insults so we can have a strong defense package to present to the NCAA.  I would add that the NCAA hates idiots who brag about exercising so flag those in a separate ENCRYPTED folder.

bye

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
Did you guys see that?  They have a dentistry degree!!!  seems to be a bit of a dead end in that state!!  :lol:

You mean cash cow $$$  :cheers:

You charge by the tooth?   :kstategrad: :kstategrad:

Offline KSUKnobJockey

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
Come on guys. You know I have to fill out a 2 page report for every post in this thread, right? Have some mercy.

I'M DIGGING THE FALSE THREATS. DO YOU REALIZE IMPERSONATING FEDERAL AGENCIES SUCH AS THAT IS ILLEGAL?

Offline nhumphre

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
Did you guys see that?  They have a dentistry degree!!!  seems to be a bit of a dead end in that state!!  :lol:

Duh. It doesn't take a K State grad to figure out how to make the most money around here!  :thumbsup:
Sistermamas and coal.. oh and 3 BCS wins

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #1984 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
123 pages and still going strong. People are coming out of the woodwork to snag themselves on your hooks.

Its a vicious circle, and some of these clowns keep perpetuating it.
 :facepalm:

Offline UncleCharlie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: October 18, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
Well said sir might I add that WVU also has a top ranked engineering program and ksu also lost to marshall in '03

Someone has to drive the trains.

Offline dustbowlkittens

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
their fanbase is made up of 100% poors

Just because its called Manhatten does NOT make it like New York fucktard. 

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me!
« Reply #1987 on: October 18, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
123 pages and still going strong. People are coming out of the woodwork to snag themselves on your hooks.

Its a vicious circle, and some of these clowns keep perpetuating it.
 :facepalm:

There have been whole articles written by people in WV saying it is a big trolling expidition and yet they still come and  :bait:... sad really

Offline dustbowlkittens

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: October 18, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
also, what's the deal with their coach and that big goiter thing he has on the side of his face/neck or whatever. that thing is gross. anybody know what it is and if it's contagious?

I think it's scar tissue from a childhood incident involving a couch, some fire, and a broom.

You obviously LOVE colelge football so much.  Thats Virginia Tech you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I heard those idiot players of yours were debating if WV was even a state.  Really?  #usgeography

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 18, 2012, 02:13:15 PM »

Someone has to drive the trains.
:lol:

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 18, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

finally a western virginian who understands our concerns.  we don't want our image tarnished by the damn yanks either.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 18, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »

:surprised:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 18, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »
Again, is he referencing all of us, or just Fucktard directly?

Offline nhumphre

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:06 PM »
also, what's the deal with their coach and that big goiter thing he has on the side of his face/neck or whatever. that thing is gross. anybody know what it is and if it's contagious?

I think it's scar tissue from a childhood incident involving a couch, some fire, and a broom.

You obviously LOVE colelge football so much.  Thats Virginia Tech you rough ridin' respect.  I heard those idiot players of yours were debating if WV was even a state.  Really?  #usgeography

Hey man. If you haven't guessed yet. I uh, think they were doing that on purpose..  :bait:
Sistermamas and coal.. oh and 3 BCS wins

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »

You obviously LOVE colelge football so much.  Thats Virginia Tech you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I heard those idiot players of yours were debating if WV was even a state.  Really?  #usgeography

More like coLOLege football am I right guys?

Offline TheShocker

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
You obviously LOVE colelge football so much.  Thats Virginia Tech you rough ridin' respect.  I heard those idiot players of yours were debating if WV was even a state.  Really?  #usgeography

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 18, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »

Hey man. If you haven't guessed yet. I uh, think they were doing that on purpose..  :bait:

Hey is still pissed off about the loss to KU in the Orange Bowl......blinded by his hate for Kansas.  Sad really.   :cry:
@mikec2w

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 18, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »

Duh. It doesn't take a K State grad to figure out how to make the most money around here!  :thumbsup:

:gocho: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 18, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
One thing I never understood about coal miners, is coal dust not unlike lice? Wouldnt it be much easier to get that black lung inducing dust off your translucent, sun thirsty skin if you removed some facial hair, maybe trimed some of those ponytails and did other basic grooming practices?  :dunno:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 18, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

don't ruin this for us  :shakesfist: