Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367071 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1725 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
Let me just say that I am completely disgusted with what I see here on this message board. Whether it's joking or not, it's in poor taste and downright disrespectful. However, it is amusing at the same time because I know none of you would have the audacity to approach me personally and say it to my face this weekend in Morgantown, WV. Our school has been enthused to be a part of the Big 12 conference and treated Baylor with the utmost respect last month. Now, I am going to think twice about being such a warm welcome wagon to a bunch of ignorant individuals who lack mannerisms and intelligence as far as I can see. Learn to spell, use proper grammar and have valid points to make before you decide to open your mouth.

Also, I encourage you to google my name. Nicole Lemal. As you can see, I have all my teeth, am very educated and successful and am proud to be a West Virginian and WVU graduate. I hope none of you run into me this weekend, if you make the trip to our wonderful state. I can say I am no longer looking forward to it from this 'rude awakening.'
I am certain that this has been pointed out by now, but as I am several pages behind I wanted to comment now. I am astonished to learn that I completely lack mannerisms. I fully intend to do some soul searching and with everyone's help here, I will develop some mannerisms.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1726 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
I have to believe these are socks. Surely no fanbase has an Internet culture that just sets itself up like this.

i've never seen a group of posters who so willingly will put photos of themselves up on the internet, or give up their real name. mind blowing.

It is mind blowing, right? "Hey Internet people that said bad things about my state, here's my name and picture GOOGLE IT should be FUN!"
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:53 AM »
I was golfing yesterday and now I can't catch up on this thread.  I'm on page 61 and there's a new page every time I get done reading the one I'm on.  eff you guys.

Rams misses all the fun crap yet again.  :frown:

Me too.  I just assumed that 60 or so pages were pretty much exactly like the others, and skipped them. :frown:

The investigation is underway. Please refrain from adding any new posts so I can catch up before lunch.
Username win.
:adios:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »
My boyfriend and I thought the mask video was Hilarious. It was very well done. I didn't find it insulting.  We're not like that. But it was all in good humor :)

Hey, eff you lady.  we're not associated with that fat face.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »

buzz your girlfriend/sister.. Woof

Offline WVRenegade

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
I've noticed a trend on these boards.. you people don't have much to say about football. But you sure do love to bash everything else.
Your team has been the laughingstock of College Football for years now. Is there really that much to say?

Laughing stock? Really? We've accomplished more in the past 5 years than KState has in the past 20.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »
I have to believe these are socks. Surely no fanbase has an Internet culture that just sets itself up like this.

i've never seen a group of posters who so willingly will put photos of themselves up on the internet, or give up their real name. mind blowing.

It is mind blowing, right? "Hey Internet people that said bad things about my state, here's my name and picture GOOGLE IT should be FUN!"

Pretty sure they are posting other people's names and pictures, but I wouldn't put it past these idiots.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »
Guys, I has a sad.

After several long conversations with American Airlines, I am only allowed to bring an ottoman as checked baggage.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

I have to think they think we will Selma Bridge them and then they can finally secure their right to never be mocked by outsiders.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »
I've noticed a trend on these boards.. you people don't have much to say about football. But you sure do love to bash everything else.

actually there is probably some of the best _fan analysis in all of college football going at this site...

http://goEMAW.com/blog/

on a whole though, we find this more fun.

Offline WestVirginiaNOTVirginia

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
Wvu campus isn't ideal. But it is beautiful. And not all of us are ugly or psycho tall and heavy set. I'm only 130lbs. I was born in southern WV and moved to Morgantown 6-7 years ago.

Is that coat made of coal?

Actually it's from forever 21. I'm pretty sure you have those stores in K-State too right?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »

Wrong thread.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Ooopsie

I don't think you understand how usernames work...   :dubious:
Lots of 'eer fans are signing up with KHATZ names. Maybe they think that is a requirement to register? dunno.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

Put him on the get it page.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
Ooopsie

I don't think you understand how usernames work...   :dubious:
Lots of 'eer fans are signing up with KHATZ names. Maybe they think that is a requirement to register? dunno.

They're coming in incognito! Trust no one!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:30 AM »
Wvu campus isn't ideal. But it is beautiful. And not all of us are ugly or psycho tall and heavy set. I'm only 130lbs. I was born in southern WV and moved to Morgantown 6-7 years ago.

:sdeek:

Even the other WV fans told us the south part was the bad part.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »

Actually it's from forever 21. I'm pretty sure you have those stores in K-State too right?
Wrong thread

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »

I've never seen anything like it.  My grandpappy used to say "they're jist hoppin' in yer boat!" during times like this but we just laughed at him.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 18, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »
Your team has been the laughingstock of College Football for years now. Is there really that much to say?

Laughing stock? Really? We've accomplished more in the past 5 years than KState has in the past 20.
That is just ignorant. You should really look into the mirror before you represent your university like this.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 18, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »

Are you seriously doing this?  Ask yourself why.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 18, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »
I've been chatting with some of my buddies from the state of Florida again. They all agree that West Virginia has the least amout of football tradition in the Big XII.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »

At some point we just need to stop being astounded by their actions and just PI the hell out of em.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »

We win.

She looks like shes 30. I would imagine she is 30. It is Kansas, after all.

actually she's 40, and looks 30.

Offline WVRenegade

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 18, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
Kansas State All-Time football record... 475–613–41.  OUCH

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 18, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »

Yeah generally this place has mellowed out a lot from 5 years ago, but this still isn't a good idea at all.