Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366956 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1125 on: October 17, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
Man, on most days, I sit in my office and have virtually unlimited bbs time.  Today, I was out at Colbert Hills getting 18 in, and we had to have one of the best bbs days in history.   :curse: :angry: :curse:  Why couldn't these slow-witted fucks have responded yesterday?

Slow interwebs connection?
The phone gets pretty slow connection out there unfortunately.
:adios:

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #1126 on: October 17, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »
Good luck Saturday Troll Aggies.  Welcome in advance to anyone who makes it to Morgantown.  You kids have been a most amusing bunch.  BTW, there is a great cancer treatment hospital in Morgantown.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
For the love of God.  I step away for 2 hours and another 30 pages go by.  What'd OK say this time?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
Good luck Saturday Troll Aggies.  Welcome in advance to anyone who makes it to Morgantown.  You kids have been a most amusing bunch.  BTW, there is a great cancer treatment hospital in Morgantown.

Trim's a cancer survivor, YOU SON OF A BITCH!  :shakesfist:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Saying that Kstate is a "Football Powerhouse" is laughable...No one thinks of Kstate in the same category as Alabama LSU or even texas or Oklahoma. You have had 2 good years back to back due to Klein. This is not a powerhouse program so stop claiming it is. Kstates all time record is  475–613–41. Hahaha to have an all time losing record and claim you are a "Powerhouse" is a complete joke. Someone claimed that when people think of kansas state they think of BCS bowl games..... Really you mean the one BCS bowl game you ever got into and lost? Haha this program is not even on the same level as WVU who is 3-0 in BCS bowls and has won 3 in the last 10 years. You have a good team this year and no one is taking that away from you but please stop laboring under the delusions that your program is a national power. Reading these comment are almost comical. The disrespect you've shown for West Virginia in these comments when I doubt any of you have ever been there just shows ignorance. Pride for your school is one thing but don't let yourselves become delusional and disrespectful.

Ps. All these claims that West Virginia has laws for hate crimes etc. Are completely inaccurate just rumors that I guess you people are gullible enough to believe. Good luck in Morgantown this weekend...Hopefully all the innocent respectful Kstate fans don't get treated harshly due to the unnecessary disrespect on this website.
I am late to the party trying to catch up, but there is absolutely no way it gets any better than this.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Saying that Kstate is a "Football Powerhouse" is laughable...No one thinks of Kstate in the same category as Alabama LSU or even texas or Oklahoma. You have had 2 good years back to back due to Klein. This is not a powerhouse program so stop claiming it is. Kstates all time record is  475–613–41. Hahaha to have an all time losing record and claim you are a "Powerhouse" is a complete joke. Someone claimed that when people think of kansas state they think of BCS bowl games..... Really you mean the one BCS bowl game you ever got into and lost? Haha this program is not even on the same level as WVU who is 3-0 in BCS bowls and has won 3 in the last 10 years. You have a good team this year and no one is taking that away from you but please stop laboring under the delusions that your program is a national power. Reading these comment are almost comical. The disrespect you've shown for West Virginia in these comments when I doubt any of you have ever been there just shows ignorance. Pride for your school is one thing but don't let yourselves become delusional and disrespectful.

Ps. All these claims that West Virginia has laws for hate crimes etc. Are completely inaccurate just rumors that I guess you people are gullible enough to believe. Good luck in Morgantown this weekend...Hopefully all the innocent respectful Kstate fans don't get treated harshly due to the unnecessary disrespect on this website.
I am late to the party trying to catch up, but there is absolutely no way it gets any better than this.

you haven't got to the letter to the NCAA yet, have you?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
For the love of God.  I step away for 2 hours and another 30 pages go by.  What'd OK say this time?

This one is fully coal-powered, if you catch my drift.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 17, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
The twitters are ablaze again. apparently it's OK Cat's fault or something.

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »

Trim's a cancer survivor, YOU SON OF A BITCH!  :shakesfist:

Good to know.  Must have already stopped by.  That's at least 1 KState survivor.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV
@Pete_goEMAW_com your forum is going to get innocent people hurt. That Stew comment will have people looking for a fight.
Retweet

:eek:

A distasteful comment on a message board leads to physical violence in Morgantown.

Never should have let the people into the conference.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 17, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV
@Pete_goEMAW_com your forum is going to get innocent people hurt. That Stew comment will have people looking for a fight.
Retweet

:eek:

A distasteful comment on a message board leads to physical violence in Morgantown.

Never should have let the people into the conference.
Ask him if it helps our chances with Fla State.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 17, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »
If anyone gets hurt at the game then JFC i think i want Mizzou back

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
Goddammit.  Coal Aggy had to choose the day before my worst test day of the year to get all butthurt. 

WELP!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 17, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »

man, i bet.  like mt. everest for doctors.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 17, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
Poetwarrior is just so, so, good.  :lol:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 17, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »

I didn't know you could get lung cancer that easily by going to a football game in a mineshaft.  Seems dangerous?

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »

What page?
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »

Don't want to go back and read.. What letter?

Offline giggitygiggity

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
It's a FACT that no one wanted to bring West Virginia into either the ACC or the SEC, because of this very problem...they lower the image of any conference they belong to.

Why did they let them into the Big 12.  Great question.

The answer is that we have such huge college football brand names in Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, AND so few existing low-image programs (obviously Baylor is the issue here with the drug scandal and death in Men's basketball, but that's not football).  So, we could take a gamble. 

Is it paying off?  Another good question.

The answer is clearly "NO."  They are national joke after losing so badly to Tech.  What little they brought to the conference is now gone, and we are simply left with a school with a horrible academic and social reputation that has really poor athletic teams. 

This whole West Virginia thing has been a complete disaster.

Horrible academic reputation? We have more than double the amount of Rhodes Scholars than KSU.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
some butt hurt loser wrote a letter to the NCAA, posted it on facebook along with her password for some reason. It has been deleted from FB but it's in this thread somewhere. Maybe around page 25 idk

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 17, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »
....they have made the answer to the original question a resounding: YES.

My thoughts exactly.  Complete FAIL as a fanbase. I mean JFC, a letter to the NCAA?   :facepalm:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
Don't want to go back and read.. What letter?

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Elaine McMillion and I am a documentary filmmaker and alumna of West Virginia University.

Today I was sent a link to a forum where Kansas State fans have been debating the following topic: Does Playing West Virginia hurt the image of our program?

Through this thread, KSU fans have been posting highly offensive and insulting remarks and comments about the citizens of West Virginia. There is a very big difference between satire and jokes about college teams and humiliating an entire state. These are the same stereotypes that have been used to ridicule our state for years and we believe that the NCAA should step in and correct this extremely offensive thread.

Please see the cached link here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3A4SJKFsWnhQwJ%3Agoemaw.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D23479.50+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I have copied some quotes below (as they were posted), as well.

“west virginia is a disgusting drug addicted hillbilly with one tooth cashing his wellfare check to buy menthols and energy drinks and then tries to play a pick up game while passing by a park on the way back to his trailer to then only play a couple of plays before hitting the crack pipe and trying to start a fight. they're gross and i'd rather not be seen hanging out with them. i mean, what are schools like florida going to think?"

"Any time you send a team the caliber of ours into a crap hole like Morgantown it hurts our image. I know for a fact our team is going to be disgusted to even be there. Do they even have an airport for our team or do we have to get Mountain Men to guide us to that cesspool?"

"West Virginia has the lowest median household income in the US. My God someone needs to help them. Maybe we can start a charity that sends them new couches made of non-incendiary materials or something. Do you know how many beggars will be approaching LHCBS for money on his walk into the stadium? So sad."

"everyone here knows that i never wanted these toothless mouth breathing hillbillies in the conference to begin with and now we have to play them this weekend. "

“they don't even have electricity there.  how in the hell are we going to play them at night?  does coal radiation glow from their pores?”

“population around 2million and only 4 last names.... Yeah I'd say it hurts the image”

“I read an article about West Virginia and the primary source of protein in the state is turtles. disgusting…thats odd my article said semen”

“I appreciate the concern of the off-field hazards our 'Cats face in Morgantown.  Yes, they face enraged meth heads, inbreeds, and the like in the stands, but it will only be for a few hours.   

“Why don't we put together an old-fashioned food drive for our WVU conference mates?”

“It sucks that community like ours (urban, civilized, cultured, diverse, etc) has to share a screen with the backwards mongoloid hill-people.  I know our reputation is great nationally and the other "KSU's" of the world (USC, Michigan, Texas, etc.) know that we hate being associated with WVU types, but will this hurt our image? Oh well, just get in, win, and get the hell out of there back to civilization.”

The citizens of West Virginia believe the NCAA should take this forum seriously and put a stop to these attacks.

Regards,

Elaine McMillion

[email protected]

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 17, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
Did you c&p that from Mutneer's encrypted hard drive?