Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367068 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #400 on: October 17, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
now, i will give West Virginia some credit....the Rockies are absolutely beautiful this time of the year.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
No one outside of Kansas give a @#@$! about Kansas St!

I know several people that live in Kansas and work in Missouri, or vice versa.  They care.  :dunno:

It's like he totally disregarded my post about my living in Illinois and many people here thinking the KSU cats are great.  It's the Bears and Cats essentially.  Maybe he didn't know Illinois is a state.  I met a land thief once on spring break that didn't know Illinois was a state.  I had to relate it to him by referencing Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls and explaining that Illinois was the state they were in (true stroy btw).

sorry no one outside kansas but a dick in illinois cares about KSU.  better?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »
KState is the equal of Alabama, ND, etc. It's hilarious that you don't understand that.

would we be ranked together in the Top 5 if we weren't?

no. we'd be where oregon state is.

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
If you go to New York City and stop any random person on the street they will tell you (if they follow college sports at all) that Kansas State is in the top 5 most prestigious programs. Over 50% of these same people will tell you they've never heard of the West Virginia football team. That's just the facts. You can't really argue them.

Wow I could have swore that was you in the debate last night making up all those figures!  Who's a big boy?!?

If you stopped anyone in NYC and asked about KSU or WVU football they would say "!@#$ you! Go Knicks!"  Truth.
Btw, who cares what anyone from NYC thinks of your football program?  Sure as hell not recruiting in NYC. Maybe you got your Manhattans mixed up.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
If you go to New York City and stop any random person on the street they will tell you (if they follow college sports at all) that Kansas State is in the top 5 most prestigious programs. Over 50% of these same people will tell you they've never heard of the West Virginia football team. That's just the facts. You can't really argue them.

Wow I could have swore that was you in the debate last night making up all those figures!  Who's a big boy?!?

If you stopped anyone in NYC and asked about KSU or WVU football they would say "!@#$ you! Go Knicks!"  Truth.

Is steve dave the "colored one" or the "white"?

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

well i, for one, am excited to test this theory

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »

I know several people that live in Kansas and work in Missouri, or vice versa.  They care.  :dunno:

It's like he totally disregarded my post about my living in Illinois and many people here thinking the KSU cats are great.  It's the Bears and Cats essentially.  Maybe he didn't know Illinois is a state.  I met a land thief once on spring break that didn't know Illinois was a state.  I had to relate it to him by referencing Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls and explaining that Illinois was the state they were in (true stroy btw).

kstate is ranked in the top 5, your garbage team isn't.

As the Poster Relations Coordinator here at goEMAW.com, I'm giving you an official Warning that you are getting close to being banned for bad language and threatening speech.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »
do you think their players have black lung like the dudes got in Zoolander? 

i bet snyder has already implemented a "black lung" package for this weekend.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
Great moments in West Virginia sports history...

Caption fun?  "Take my pain!" or "Let me have those sweet, sweet tears!" or "Heavy cream for your coffee, sir?" :excited:

See!  My comb-back is NOT a comb-over.  Now take back what you said!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:27 PM »
do you think their players have black lung like the dudes got in Zoolander? 

i bet snyder has already implemented a "black lung" package for this weekend.

they probably can't run very far, that's for sure

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »

:sdeek:  I'm gonna write that off as you just being grumpy on account of your nostrils always being packed full of coal dust and your having to mouth-breathe by necessity not just because you really enjoy it.  Blow your goddamned nose! :shakesfist:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline cyntyfyc

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »
As a Mountaineer fan living in Morgantown, WV, I would like to say "Welcome" on Saturday.  Hopefully the fan base for KSU, as shown here in these comments, isn't an accurate representation of the disrespect that will be shown on Saturday.  In an ideal world, we all would take the high road and not resort to name calling, lying about state laws, and spreading false stereotypes.  I, for one, am looking forward to a hard fought, competitive game on Saturday night.  I keep trying to remember that many of the posts on here may be coming from college-age students, as many of my "couch burning" neighbors are, but the level of disrespect really is concerning.  What would be said about the quality of our program if we happen to beat Kansas State?  Luck?  We have that too (as an Atheletic Director).  Here's to a great game and the beginning of a good rivalry! 

From West "By God" Virginia...

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

Btw, who cares what anyone from NYC thinks of your football program?  Sure as hell not recruiting in NYC. Maybe you got your Manhattans mixed up.

Man... I'm not sure you've ever even been to NYC. There are more K-State alums living in NYC than any other major university.  Fact.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
Its a well known fact that most Hollywood celebrities are KSU fans.  Clooney throws a watch party most Saturdays, and the sideline during a game is really a good way to gauge who is the hot, young, up and comers in the entertainment industry.  Anyways, I did some research and could only find person anyone of us has ever heard of that is a west virginia fan.  You want to know who it is?  The singer from Creed. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 17, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
COLLEGE-AGE STUDENTS

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 17, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »
As a Mountaineer fan living in Morgantown, WV, I would like to say "Welcome" on Saturday.  Hopefully the fan base for KSU, as shown here in these comments, isn't an accurate representation of the disrespect that will be shown on Saturday.  In an ideal world, we all would take the high road and not resort to name calling, lying about state laws, and spreading false stereotypes.  I, for one, am looking forward to a hard fought, competitive game on Saturday night.  I keep trying to remember that many of the posts on here may be coming from college-age students, as many of my "couch burning" neighbors are, but the level of disrespect really is concerning.  What would be said about the quality of our program if we happen to beat Kansas State?  Luck?  We have that too (as an Atheletic Director).  Here's to a great game and the beginning of a good rivalry! 

From West "By God" Virginia...

If by hard fought game you mean West Virginia will be fighting hard, then yeah. Our second string will probably fight pretty hard in the second half, too, because they'll be wanting to show coach Snyder that they're ready for more playing time. But our first string will DEFINITELY just be going through the motions. No need to do much more than that.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
You guys...I'm a little worried about the Blue Turf, have the Cavaliers ever even lost on it? We are in for a war, but go cats! Welcome to the board Cavaliers!  :cheers:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »
will our players be wearing special respirators this weekend on the sidelines to avoid the black lung?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KittyClaws

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 17, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »

kstate is ranked in the top 5, your garbage team isnt

yeah they are this week.  so LSU, South Carolina, Oklahoma are garbage too cause theyre not in the Top 5?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 17, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »

Is that guy on the left a coal dust victim?   :confused:

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2012, 12:19:57 PM »
Has there every been another school that was completely fine with letting corporations destroy their name-sake?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »

kstate is ranked in the top 5, your garbage team isnt

yeah they are this week.  so LSU, South Carolina, Oklahoma are garbage too cause theyre not in the Top 5?

Oklahoma isn't garbage, they're just proven to not be as good as us.  The other two are, in fact, garbage.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
With examples like this one, this one, or this one its hard not to have some sense of fear if you are traveling to West Virginia. Be safe K-State fans.

I mean, its not like some of these perceptions don't have some traction.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »
Sure there may be a few "toothless" people but every state has them.

A "few". ;)