Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 367019 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »
oh dear

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »

Don't let these Jayhawks get you riled up Eers, you have to put on your joke hat and listen for the sarcasm.

So do they.  :cheers:

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
Pacman Jones?  No thanks, hurts image

Again, what is this image of which you speak?  Kansas' red headed step sister?  Being the Marshall of Kansas? 

What are you guys the Aggie Aggies?   

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »
I feel sorry for this Eers88 guy. It must suck having to play in a stadium named after ketchup.

Well we all can't honor our soldiers by naming a stadium in their memory, but it is a nice gesture by your fanbase.

@mikec2w

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
Pacman Jones?  No thanks, hurts image

Again, what is this image of which you speak?  Kansas' red headed step sister?  Being the Marshall of Kansas? 

What are you guys the Aggie Aggies?

Wait, we are playing Marshall this week?  Phew, a nationally relevant program to compete against now...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
lol at all these coal aggies jealous of all our national basketball championships and the fact that we invented the sport. it's good to be king, i guess.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
lol at all these coal aggies jealous of all our national basketball championships and the fact that we invented the sport. it's good to be king, i guess.

Look at the banners, bitches.

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

Yes, best of luck to you JayHawks.   You have always been the class of the state.  Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
For those of you you who might not know I grew up in the white trashy, methheadish state of Missouri, Lee's Summit to be specific. Well back in the day, Lee's Summit used to have what they called Cole Younger Days. Then some semi educated decent person protested the celebration of a murder and outlaw and the townfolk got together and changed the name to "Old Timey Days" or something like that.

Now get this, I googled the state of "West Virginia" and was taken to the division of tourism. What do you think was the first thing to pop up? No, you didn't guess right. It was a whole thing about The Hatfields and McCoys. Can you believe these inbreds. Any decent, civilized folk would be running from a history of vigilante murders. Hell even the methheads in Missouri can realize the errors in their judgement.

Guys, I think if they weren't blantantly racist and hated brown people, they would be pro-taliban and the talibans tribal, vigilante justice system.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
For those of you you who might not know I grew up in the white trashy, methheadish state of Missouri, Lee's Summit to be specific. Well back in the day, Lee's Summit used to have what they called Cole Younger Days. Then some semi educated decent person protested the celebration of a murder and outlaw and the townfolk got together and changed the name to "Old Timey Days" or something like that.

Now get this, I googled the state of "West Virginia" and was taken to the division of tourism. What do you think was the first thing to pop up? No, you didn't guess right. It was a whole thing about The Hatfields and McCoys. Can you believe these inbreds. Any decent, civilized folk would be running from a history of vigilante murders. Hell even the methheads in Missouri can realize the errors in their judgement.

Guys, I think if they weren't blantantly racist and hated brown people, they would be pro-taliban and the talibans tribal, vigilante justice system.

Man... I'm torn. Kevin Costner should probably get an Emmy.

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »

That sure was a long way to go for not much of a payoff.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
Just read that their last coach left them after only one season to coach some juco in Arizona.  Maybe LHCBS will get some players from him in the future.  Small world.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
Besides Randy Moss, can anybody tell me what other player of relevance has played for the Mountaineers?

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
Besides Randy Moss, can anybody tell me what other player of relevance has played for the Mountaineers?

Nice try  :thumbsup:

Offline Bosco

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »

Wasn't Matthew Macconaughey their coach at one point?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »

it's been discussed, but Matthew McCaunaghey coached them (still think he has short arms) but then Oklahoma hired him to be an actor in their "hook 'em aggies" campaign, when they played against Colin Farrell and UCLA in the national championship game

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »
They upset Michigan that one time at Michigan in what some call the greatest upset of all time.  I think they were I-AA then. Maybe still are?  Not sure about Big East football.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Man... I'm torn. Kevin Costner should probably get an Emmy.

Im torn too. I actually enjoyed the portrait Kevin painted.

Im not advocating that we ignore history, even the bad parts, but I would be hard pressed to believe even a state like Alabama would go out of their way to promote the Klan through the tourism department. So why should West Virginians be given a free pass when the state promotes their home grown, justice system hating vigilanties.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
wait was brooks berringer the pilot of their team flight?
WE ARE!

West Virginia!

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
Think Michael Vick went there to get his grades up. Then transferred and played his last two years somewhere in Leavenworth.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »

it's been discussed, but Matthew McCaunaghey coached them (still think he has short arms) but then Oklahoma hired him to be an actor in their "hook 'em aggies" campaign, when they played against Colin Farrell and UCLA in the national championship game

to clarify, UCLA hired Colin Farrell in the same way Oklahoma hired matthew mcconaghaeagyghey. as an actor to promote their respective schools during the week leading up to the NCG

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2012, 12:18:06 PM »
Hey, I'm just glad you guys beat VT in the '08 Orange Bowl!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
Whoops guys, got a bit of egg on the ol' face.  Turns out their last coach was some Spanish (maybe Mexican :dunno:) fellow who was the best coach they ever had and ever will have and he left them to go to the Big Ten which as we know is total garbage but turns out he was the absolute worst coach in that conference during his time there and got fired in like two seasons, maybe less.  I mean eff.  Best coach in the history of the program goes to a chowder puff conference and is the worst thing going?  Really says it all.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »
Hey, I'm just glad you guys beat VT in the '08 Orange Bowl!

Wait... VT and WVU aren't the same thing? You guys have the coach with the goiter, correct?

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
Man, Billy Dee Williams was great in Brian's Song.