Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 366887 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
rumblings that Pitt would have come if we had invited them. we really mumped this thing up guys.

Is it too late?  Didn't all of our rich as crap schools loan coal aggies a bunch of money because they were too poor to pay to leave loser Big East?  Can we get that back or are they going to try and stiff us if we uninvie them and go with big time Pitt?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
How come you guys couldn't keep Dave Wannstedt as your coach?  I would have thought he would be a home run hire.   :dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
It's a good thing no coal was found in the Flint Hills, just imagine all the shanty towns that would spring up.  We already have one Ogden we don't need a hundred.

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
rumblings that Pitt would have come if we had invited them. we really mumped this thing up guys.

Is it too late?  Didn't all of our rich as crap schools loan coal aggies a bunch of money because they were too poor to pay to leave loser Big East?  Can we get that back or are they going to try and stiff us if we uninvie them and go with big time Pitt?

The check's in the mail . . .now take me off the call list. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
you guys seen the wonderful whites of west virginia? well duh of course you have.
you know what my favorite part was? the part where that one lady's crackhead daughter gives birth to a baby but the hospital doesn't let her keep it because she is too much of a crackhead, so the lady and her crackhead daughter go to taco bell on the way home from the hospital and the lady recognizes some friends eating inside and she yells through the taco bell glass "THEY TOOK HER BABY!" but they can't hear her because she's outside in her car trying to yell through the taco bell glass. oh man, that was my favorite part.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »

A check from WVU?  We will wait until it clears, thx.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »

A check from WVU?  We will wait until it clears, thx.

Barter system tbh

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
you guys seen the wonderful whites of west virginia? well duh of course you have.
you know what my favorite part was? the part where that one lady's crackhead daughter gives birth to a baby but the hospital doesn't let her keep it because she is too much of a crackhead, so the lady and her crackhead daughter go to taco bell on the way home from the hospital and the lady recognizes some friends eating inside and she yells through the taco bell glass "THEY TOOK HER BABY!" but they can't hear her because she's outside in her car trying to yell through the taco bell glass. oh man, that was my favorite part.

I thought the part when your brother shook the bottle of oxy pills and referred to it as the mating call of WV was solid.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »

That was the best part.  Hard to believe the Whites are WVU's most famous alums.

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
I say let's give them a break.  They never played anyone as elite as us, them coming from such a lowly conference... Big East or is it the big least.  :lol:

Really?  Because 3 BCS trophies say otherwise.  And it is the latter.

But I do want to thank you all for deciding to play us and help elevate our stature by playing a team that is 1-5 in bowl games over the past ten years.  We are really grateful to be riding the coattails of such an elite program.

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »

That was the best part.  Hard to believe the Whites are WVU's most famous alums.

Yes but it took them 5 years to graduate and they didn't even use a redshirt.

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
also, what's the deal with their coach and that big goiter thing he has on the side of his face/neck or whatever. that thing is gross. anybody know what it is and if it's contagious?

I think you are talking about Frank Beamer, who coaches Virginia Tech.  Our coach has a skullet.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
I say let's give them a break.  They never played anyone as elite as us, them coming from such a lowly conference... Big East or is it the big least.  :lol:

But I do want to thank you all for deciding to play us and help elevate our stature by playing a team that is 1-5 in bowl games over the past ten years.  We are really grateful to be riding the coattails of such an elite program.

Can anyone confirm the part in bold? Sounds made up.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

Doesn't mention any BCS trophies on their wiki page.

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »

FACT: Kansas State is the second most recognizable program in the country.

Do you have a source for this "fact"?  Because I think most of the country can't name 3 players that ever played for you.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »

Do you have a source for this "fact"?  Because I think most of the country can't name 3 players that ever played for you.

you guys we caught one. is he big enough or should we throw him back in the water?

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »

Hells a fire, when did we get a wiki page?  I went to a tiki bar once, sounds like the same thang.  Ooh lawdy them there interwebs shore do have fun stuff.  Gotta get me one of them google machines. 

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »

Are you all really that uneducated about something you have spent 6 pages railing on?

2011 Orange over Clemson
2007 Fiesta over Oklahoma
2005 Sugar over Georgia

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
I feel sorry for this Eers88 guy. It must suck having to play in a stadium named after ketchup.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:41 AM »
Pacman Jones?  No thanks, hurts image

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

you guys we caught one. is he big enough or should we throw him back in the water?

Throw him back, it's catch and release on this site.  You know that. And I would like to be the first to release on this site. Skeet skeet.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
Look at this dorkstore. This was their last coach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
I feel sorry for this Eers88 guy. It must suck having to play in a stadium named after ketchup.

Lol! Eers88, don't take the bait!

Offline BCS X 3

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »

Are you all really that uneducated about something you have spent 6 pages railing on?

2011 Orange over Clemson
2007 Fiesta over Oklahoma
2005 Sugar over Georgia

Don't let these Jayhawks get you riled up Eers, you have to put on your joke hat and listen for the sarcasm. 

Offline Eers88

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »

Well we all can't honor our soldiers by naming a stadium in their memory, but it is a nice gesture by your fanbase.