Author Topic: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?  (Read 356637 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: does playing west virginia hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
They'll be asking Weird Robert for crap.  How's that going to work?

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
they don't even have electricity there.  how in the hell are we going to play them at night?  does coal radiation glow from their pores?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »
They'll be asking Weird Robert for crap.money. How's that going to work?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
Robert can hand them sandwiches.  Made with no sugar, of course.
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »
You know they'll end up putting us up in a Super 8 or something.  Not that they're trying to be dicks, but because its the best they got.

:curse: that was the only hotel in Morgantown open for us. 

Maybe my room will be next to #life  :love:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
Your average West Virginia resident.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
crap. it's happening already. we are just going to get killed by schools that are comparable to us for having this game. just got this text from a former university of florida grad school classmate of mine...

"rick- just saw you guys were playing wvu this weekend. glad to see kstate took my advice and finally joined the big east.  try not to get any aids on you in morgantown this weekend. haha. lol. -tyler".
 :frown:

Offline THE_ED_FROM_VEGAS

• Combo-Fan
  • Don't Let'em Talk Bad About You !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
I DONT RECALL EVER HEARING ABOUT MANHATTAN, KANSAS AS A TOURSIT DESTINATION EITHER - JUST SAYIN !!!

NOW YOU KIDS TALKED ALL THIS TRASH ABOUT WEST VIRGINIA - DONT eff AROUND AND GO IN THERE AND GET YOUR TAIL KICKED IN !!! - JUST SAYIN !!!

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
crap. it's happening already. we are just going to get killed by schools that are comparable to us for having this game. just got this text from a former university of florida grad school classmate of mine...

"rick- just saw you guys were playing wvu this weekend. glad to see kstate took my advice and finally joined the big east.  try not to get any aids on you in morgantown this weekend. haha. lol. -tyler".
 :frown:
Tyler is a douchebag.  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »
I DONT RECALL EVER HEARING ABOUT MANHATTAN, KANSAS AS A TOURSIT DESTINATION EITHER - JUST SAYIN !!!

NOW YOU KIDS TALKED ALL THIS TRASH ABOUT WEST VIRGINIA - DONT eff AROUND AND GO IN THERE AND GET YOUR TAIL KICKED IN !!! - JUST SAYIN !!!

Pssh, Ed, what are the odds that's gonna happen?  Exactly.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

ED, at least make your hypotheticals realistic.  :cheers:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
It's a FACT that no one wanted to bring West Virginia into either the ACC or the SEC, because of this very problem...they lower the image of any conference they belong to.

Why did they let them into the Big 12.  Great question.

The answer is that we have such huge college football brand names in Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, AND so few existing low-image programs (obviously Baylor is the issue here with the drug scandal and death in Men's basketball, but that's not football).  So, we could take a gamble. 

Is it paying off?  Another good question.

The answer is clearly "NO."  They are national joke after losing so badly to Tech.  What little they brought to the conference is now gone, and we are simply left with a school with a horrible academic and social reputation that has really poor athletic teams. 

This whole West Virginia thing has been a complete disaster.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
We should have invited Pitt. Better sports programs, better academics, wealthier fanbase, etc.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »
Geno Cook died last week guys.  God bless their hearts for not shutting down the stadium even though they probably should.

I think you are mixing him up with the other guy.  I did this exact same thing.  Had no idea who either of them was before last week, but their names are so similar that it's tough to tell them apart.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
It's a FACT that no one wanted to bring West Virginia into either the ACC or the SEC, because of this very problem...they lower the image of any conference they belong to.

The answer is that we have such huge college football brand names in Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, AND so few existing low-image programs (obviously Baylor is the issue here with the drug scandal and death in Men's basketball, but that's not football).  So, we could take a gamble. 

The answer is clearly "NO."  They are national joke after losing so badly to Tech.  What little they brought to the conference is now gone, and we are simply left with a school with a horrible academic and social reputation that has really poor athletic teams. 

This pretty much covers it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »

:slowclap:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
The "sinking ship" of the Big XII became the "life raft" for WV.  Says it all, really.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »

Yes, this is an outstanding post by Pete. I don't think the second point (bolded) has been discussed, at least not in depth. This will likely be the nail in the coffin of the Big 12, not just KSU.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »

Yes, this is an outstanding post by Pete. I don't think the second point (bolded) has been discussed, at least not in depth. This will likely be the nail in the coffin of the Big 12, not just KSU.

KSU doesn't need the Big 12 as bad they need KSU. We could go independent. Easy.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
I heard people smoke their meth right in the stadium and nobody even cares. I'm really worried for the safety of Snyder and tiny little baby Lockett. I mean all the other players/coaches should be able to fight off the methed up, rage filled hillbillies that will attack them for "running up the score", but Snyder is brittle and Lockett still has to protect his kidneys.   :ohno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
Forfeit the game.  Its JUST a game, not worth the risk. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:04:15 AM by CartierFor3 »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:38 PM »
when people think of ksu cats football, they immediately think of legendary head coach LHC Bill Snyder and our decade + of dominance, and BCS games, i.e.- the big boys of college football ('bama, usc, ksu, nd, etc)

when people think of west virginia, i don't think they associate it with anything but maybe the head basketball coach bob huggins.

so when we play against them, they don't see anything on the wvu sideline and they see a college  football blue blood on our sideline.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
population around 2million and only 4 last names.... Yeah I'd say it hurts the image

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »
On the other hand, West Virginians must acknowledge that some of the stereotypes discussed come from some real places. Obesity, diabetes and lack of education have become perennial thorns in the sides of residents of this state. These factors greatly reduce the quality of life for many of our friends and neighbors.

The above is taken directly from this wvu.edu site: http://participate.wvu.edu/community

Seriously, maybe tlbl should stay home. This is information is not going to allow me sleep at night.