Author Topic: jfc, FOX...  (Read 13908 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
jfc, FOX...
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
Can't you let the other networks get a piece of the Cats?

Oct 27 #Big12 FB gametime: Texas Tech at K-State (2:30 p.m. CT / FOX)

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: jfc, FOX...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
Why mess with the money? :kstategrad:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »
Rupert Murdock loves the QATZ!

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
I hate being on Fox.  They have way more commercial breaks than ABC/ESPN and they loop the same nine beer/food/insurance/truck commercials for the entire game.  Seriously, their TV timeouts kill the flow of the game.  Oh well, at least the Tech isn't another bullshit 11 AM kickoff.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »

Is that regional or national?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

all fox games are national

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
I've never noticed the extra tv timeouts on Fox and frankly, I have a hard time believing that is true. I could be wrong, though. :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
I hate being on Fox.  They have way more commercial breaks than ABC/ESPN and they loop the same nine beer/food/insurance/truck commercials for the entire game.  Seriously, their TV timeouts kill the flow of the game.  Oh well, at least the Tech isn't another bullshit 11 AM kickoff.

I don't think their TV timeouts or longer. And ABC/ESPN also regurgitates their commercials. And Fox broadcasts kick some rough ridin' ass and they are national.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »

mo' money mo' problems

just remember that all that ad revenue is flowing directly into our coffers.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »
If you don't like playing on fox you can kindly gtfoomff

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »

I don't think their TV timeouts or longer. And ABC/ESPN also regurgitates their commercials. And Fox broadcasts kick some rough ridin' ass and they are national.

Yeah, and we are playing Texas Tech. I would have done cartwheels at the beginning of this season if somebody told me that game would be a nationally broadcast game on FX. A 2:30 game on Fox is just awesome.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
I've never seen a game on ABC/ESPN do this: field goal or TD-commercials-kickoff-commercials.  Fox does that after most scores.  They also sometimes cut to commercials following a turnover, something else you don't see other networks do.  Also Joey Harrington always comes off as awkward and Erin Andrews' only role in football should be on a sideline, not in the studio.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »
I've never seen a game on ABC/ESPN do this: field goal or TD-commercials-kickoff-commercials.  Fox does that after most scores.  They also sometimes cut to commercials following a turnover, something else you don't see other networks do.  Also Joey Harrington always comes off as awkward and Erin Andrews' only role in football should be on a sideline, not in the studio.

gtfo.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »

Yeah, and we are playing Texas Tech. I would have done cartwheels at the beginning of this season if somebody told me that game would be a nationally broadcast game on FX. A 2:30 game on Fox is just awesome.

The complaining of some people this season has just gotten out of hand.

That doesn't mean there's more commercials, and you're being a sexist douche.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
This is the first time I'm aware of that Fox has deviated from the leaked schedule sent out in August.  There was originally supposed to be a 12:30 game between Texas and Kansas at that time.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/07/23/Copy_of_COLLEGE_FOOTBALL_on_FOX_2012_KRXI_Schedule.pdf

We're supposed to be on Fox when we play OSU on 11/3 according to this schedule.  But there are a lot of good games that week in the Big 12, so we may get bumped to ABC or FX.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »
Take a lap

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »

I think a lot of that has to do with how many commercials have already been shown. I noticed the commercials before and after a kickoff during our game at ISU, but that was following an 8 minute K-State drive. ABC/ESPN probably would have done the same thing if the first quarter were nearly over and they had only had one commercial break.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »

There are plenty of reasons to not like playing on Fox.  For one, it guarantees ESPN will have minimal coverage/hype of that particular game.  Now, I don't particularly care about what ESPN has to say, but they undeniably influence the voters.  Less KSU coverage on ESPN = less Cats exposure and hype passed along to the polls.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
I kind of miss 2:30 ABC games but it has nothing to do with the dumbass reasons he listed.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »

I'm sorry you have never seen a game on ABC/ESPN
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »

There are plenty of reasons to not like playing on Fox.  For one, it guarantees ESPN will have minimal coverage/hype of that particular game.  Now, I don't particularly care about what ESPN has to say, but they undeniably influence the voters.  Less KSU coverage on ESPN = less Cats exposure and hype passed along to the polls.

We are ranked ahead of undefeated Notre Dame and Ohio State teams. I don't think ESPN hype is having any affect on the polls.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
2:30 is perfect.  Maybe I'll go.  Scheme on the trip home.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
In years past, I would've complained about the 2:30 kick.  But, this season, I've really enjoyed getting our victory out of the way early and then being able to sit back, relax and watch some stress free college football, secure in knowing that my team/'s national title hopse are still alive and well.   :gocho:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Fox's pregame show and Erin Andrews in studio are both terrible.  I don't really give a crap and enjoy the national broadcast though.  Am really rough ridin' sick of Eric Crouch on FX though. 

I think a lot of that has to do with how many commercials have already been shown. I noticed the commercials before and after a kickoff during our game at ISU, but that was following an 8 minute K-State drive. ABC/ESPN probably would have done the same thing if the first quarter were nearly over and they had only had one commercial break.

Agree here.  If there are more commercials, it probably has more to do with the 8 minute Klein drives than the network.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »

all fox games are national

the 2:30 threw me off. just realized they will not have a prime time game on FOX that day because of the world series