Author Topic: Ring of Honor  (Read 17012 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ring of Honor
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »
Do offensive linemen even need apply? Because some serious omissions there from everyone's list.

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

Christ, why not Mike Lawrence & Eric Hickson while we're at it?

They're not All Americans dumbass (or offensive linemen, which was the context)

Point is that they shouldn't be on the ring of honor, dumbass

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 11:50:12 PM »
Do offensive linemen even need apply? Because some serious omissions there from everyone's list.

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

What's your criteria then?  Those guys are All Americans, K-State grads, NFL players...more deserving than some that are up there already (certainly Sean).  Not saying they SHOULD be up there, but they should be considered if we're going to start throwing out names, and his point about o-linemen was valid.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

What's your criteria then?  Those guys are All Americans, K-State grads, NFL players...more deserving than some that are up there already (certainly Sean).  Not saying they SHOULD be up there, but they should be considered if we're going to start throwing out names, and his point about o-linemen was valid.

If an O lineman is up there, they should have been dominant, like Orlando Pace dominant.  Like Outland Trophy winning dominant.  Sean Snyder being up there should have no bearing on who follows.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

If an O lineman is up there, they should have been dominant, like Orlando Pace dominant.  Like Outland Trophy winning dominant.  Sean Snyder being up there should have no bearing on who follows.

Don't disagree with you, but hold those same standards for everyone then.  Other than Bishop and Sproles, no one else should be on the waiting list.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »
I could have sworn that I was trumpeting exclusively, could be wrong though.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:47 AM »
I just put Ring of Honor Butthurt on the list of all time best butthurt types.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

Sure, why not!

You know what's fun, Ring of Honor inductions!   Much like field/court rushing, I say the more the merrier!  Enjoy yourselves K-State fans and pretty good former players.  Let's have fun!

:billdance:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

Don't disagree with you, but hold those same standards for everyone then.  Other than Bishop and Sproles, no one else should be on the waiting list.

Jordy  :nono:

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »
It's sad that Kevin Lockett can't be considered.  Not only is he our #1 receiver of all time, with him coming to K-State and playing so well we were blessed with Aaron and now Baby Lockett.

Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
It's sad that Kevin Lockett can't be considered.  Not only is he our #1 receiver of all time, with him coming to K-State and playing so well we were blessed with Aaron and now Baby Lockett.

and future double baby adorable twin Locketts

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »

Lockett can be considered.  We already have 4 non-consensus-AAs on the wall: Lynn Dickey, Steve Grogan, Veryl Switzer and Mr. Essence Atkins (Jamie Mendez).

Meanwhile, KSU's only two-time consensus-AA, and unanimous All-American, Chris Canty isn't up there.  Maybe he hasn't graduated.  Or maybe it's because he got a DUI and had to surrender his Thorpe award, and was hung over (dehydrated) at the Cotton Bowl against BYU.  Dunno.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »
bishop is/was the most important player in school history, for eff's sake.  his name should have been up there the day after he left school.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »

Quentin Neujahr
Ryan Young

Jordy  :nono:
:powerespect:

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

Lockett can be considered.  We already have 4 non-consensus-AAs on the wall: Lynn Dickey, Steve Grogan, Veryl Switzer and Mr. Essence Atkins (Jamie Mendez).

Meanwhile, KSU's only two-time consensus-AA, and unanimous All-American, Chris Canty isn't up there.  Maybe he hasn't graduated.  Or maybe it's because he got a DUI and had to surrender his Thorpe award, and was hung over (dehydrated) at the Cotton Bowl against BYU.  Dunno.

this is really the point..........the rules are not clear....or at least not to the public......do we have a super spy who can get an offical athletic department statement on this ?

:pray:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2022, 02:19:04 PM »
Rest In Peace. One of the greatest Cats and Kansans of all time:

https://twitter.com/thekstatefamily/status/1533486744720617477?s=21&t=udK66tnbCssl1ti9uuxCgg

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2022, 03:42:26 PM »
 :cry: a true hero and an incredibly nice man

Online Dr. Fausto Rindón

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2022, 06:14:20 PM »
Said hello to him nearly every football game for 25 years at the top of section 5.  Great man.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2022, 11:04:56 PM »
He came from a historical all black town in western Kansas (Nicodemus). It barely exists at this point, but even with its small size was home to many great athletes alongside Veryl, although I can't think of anyone that did more in the pro athletic realm.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2022, 11:39:28 AM »
He came from a historical all black town in western Kansas (Nicodemus). It barely exists at this point, but even with its small size was home to many great athletes alongside Veryl, although I can't think of anyone that did more in the pro athletic realm.

I just spent the better part of my lunch break reading about Nicodemus, KS. I'd never even heard about it or knew that it existed. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/ks-nicodemus/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2022, 11:49:16 AM »

I just spent the better part of my lunch break reading about Nicodemus, KS. I'd never even heard about it or knew that it existed. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/ks-nicodemus/

I fell down the Nicodemus rabbit hole over the weekend, myself. Fascinating stuff.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2022, 09:17:58 AM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/7MichaelBishop/status/1533613633237766145?s=20&t=35Eb14UrNQ5u30QjJK9LTw
lil waks bought that football card on Ebay with his paper route money and his parents got Veryl to sign it. I'll have to see if I still have it somewhere.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2022, 03:38:54 PM »
Jesus Christ