Author Topic: Baylor holds! Couch Burning Aggie exposed as Big East level program!  (Read 19678 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor holds! Couch Burning Aggie exposed as Big East level program!
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
Geno Smith looked terrifying yesterday. We will have to beat them the same way we beat Baylor last year, and we may not be able to. It's a good thing their D is terrible or we wouldn't have a prayer.

You could pretty much insert that for any good team. "Good thing they aren't better than they are!"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:32 PM »
As long as we tackle well, stop the run and don't give up the big play, we should win.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2012, 12:01:29 AM »
As long as we tackle well, stop the run and don't give up the big play, we should win.

well yeah

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
Geno Smith looked terrifying yesterday. We will have to beat them the same way we beat Baylor last year, and we may not be able to. It's a good thing their D is terrible or we wouldn't have a prayer.

You could pretty much insert that for any good team. "Good thing they aren't better than they are!"

I guess. They would have a date with Alabama though if they could just play some D.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:12 AM »

I have faith in stopping the run. No matter what we will tackle better than Baylor.  I hope we gameplan to stop the big play, as that's exactly what we did with OU.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »

I have faith in stopping the run. No matter what we will tackle better than Baylor.  I hope we gameplan to stop the big play, as that's exactly what we did with OU.
really have to mention Zimmerman's play.  Its good to know that we have deep guys who don't just stand around confused and wonder why they guy from the other team is running past them like the endzones on fire.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »

Fun fact: We held Duke Johnson to 3.2 ypc. He is averaging 6.9. One of those runs was for 9 yards. We shut him down. I feel like our run D is pretty darn good.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Baylor holds! Couch Burning Aggie exposed as Big East level program!
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:20 AM »
Solid mechanics. GREAT hips.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2012, 06:59:41 AM »
MiR, I agree with you that the hate is unwarranted, but the love he is getting is too much.  He put up those numbers because his team's defense is terrible and he had to.

So he had 6 incompletions on 51 attempts for 635 yards and 8 TDs because of his defense?  How does the WVU defense help the offenses efficiency?  I'm not quite sure why some of you keep talking about the defense.  To quote dlew, we know the defense is bad, jesus christ...  The hype and praise of Geno Smith and WVU's offense is well deserved.  The defense is a completely different conversation, stop lumping them together.

If his defense didn't suck they would have been up by 21 in the third, he would have got pulled, and had 400 yards for 5 TD like multiple QBs in multiple spread offenses have had. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:09:39 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »

Fun fact: We held Duke Johnson to 3.2 ypc. He is averaging 6.9. One of those runs was for 9 yards. We shut him down. I feel like our run D is pretty darn good.

I agree. People get all caught up with stopping the pass against teams like this, but as long as you can stop the run and not give up 20+ yard touchdown passes, it will be very difficult for a West Virginia or Oklahoma State offense to get touchdowns instead of field goals.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »

I agree. People get all caught up with stopping the pass against teams like this, but as long as you can stop the run and not give up 20+ yard touchdown passes, it will be very difficult for a West Virginia or Oklahoma State offense to get touchdowns instead of field goals.

It's almost like once we let a team into the Red Zone, we've got them right where we want them.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
MiR, I agree with you that the hate is unwarranted, but the love he is getting is too much.  He put up those numbers because his team's defense is terrible and he had to.

So he had 6 incompletions on 51 attempts for 635 yards and 8 TDs because of his defense?  How does the WVU defense help the offenses efficiency?  I'm not quite sure why some of you keep talking about the defense.  To quote dlew, we know the defense is bad, jesus christ...  The hype and praise of Geno Smith and WVU's offense is well deserved.  The defense is a completely different conversation, stop lumping them together.

If his defense didn't suck they would have been up by 21 in the third, he would have got pulled, and had 400 yards for 5 TD like multiple QBs in multiple spread offenses have had.

yup
emaw

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
they won't be able to stop our run game, but we won't be able to stop their pass game.  we are going to have to snyder-ball the crap out of our game so that they don't get many chances and hope that we stop them once.   :bill:
Will you ever start to believe?

Dax could be right, depends which secondary shows up for us.  If the good one shows up, Dax is wrong.  If they don't come to get some TO's, Dax is right.  I agree with Dax in that we'll need to dominate TOP to keep that pass offense off the field.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
I'm assuming that the kids (as the ED would call them) who are commenting on this thread are the nervous nancies.  The older, wiser emaws (grandpas, 80's kids, whatev) are likely the more optimistic ones.  But jfc, I hope our defense isn't as scared as some of you guys.  Did you not see the entire Baylor secondary biting on all the underneath fakies?  Classic PB defense and he should have abandoned it a decade ago, probably after the 2000 OU game.

The key to this game will be keeping everything in front defensively and the YAC...keep it low and we win.

Let's see what the UT defense can do against these guys and go from there.
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
I'm assuming that the kids (as the ED would call them) who are commenting on this thread are the nervous nancies.  The older, wiser emaws (grandpas, 80's kids, whatev) are likely the more optimistic ones.  But jfc, I hope our defense isn't as scared as some of you guys.  Did you not see the entire Baylor secondary biting on all the underneath fakies?  Classic PB defense and he should have abandoned it a decade ago, probably after the 2000 OU game.

The key to this game will be keeping everything in front defensively and the YAC...keep it low and we win.

Let's see what the UT defense can do against these guys and go from there.
I'm kind of thinking the super soft d that our secondary was playing against the cream puffs was part of a scheme to get our secondary use to playing 10 yards off the ball.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
There's a big difference in playing pillowy soft while also wrapping up and tackling well compared to playing pillowy soft while watching the receiver/back run right by you or step over your dive tackle.

I like our style. 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »
There's a big difference in playing pillowy soft while also wrapping up and tackling well compared to playing pillowy soft while watching the receiver/back run right by you or step over your dive tackle.

I like our style.
Couldn't you just agree with me?

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »

I like our style.
Couldn't you just agree with me?
Yes

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
"Bend, but don't break."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
"Bend, but don't break."
Chris Cosh defense.  :ohno: or is it  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »

yup

Yeah fellas good point.  If he would have been sat after the first two possessions of the third quarter he would have been 31-34 for 450 yards and 6 touchdowns.  No one would have been impressed with that.  My bad, carry on.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
Pretty straightforward stuff here:

Geno is a very good quarterback, probably the best player in the country, and played an absolutely insane game on Saturday.  Baylor's defense especially its secondary isn't very good and played absolutely dreadfully on Saturday. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »
Pretty straightforward stuff here:

Geno is a very good quarterback, probably the best player in the country, and played an absolutely insane game on Saturday.  Baylor's defense especially its secondary isn't very good and played absolutely dreadfully on Saturday.

yes dlew

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Baylor holds! Couch Burning Aggie exposed as Big East level program!
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »
I just can't be overly impressed by beating Baylor at home by one score. :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
I just can't be overly impressed by beating Baylor at home by one score. :dunno:

Eh. They found a way to win against a decent team. There aren't many weeks off this year.