Author Topic: Kids and Gameday  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Kids and Gameday
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »
I'm taking my 4 year old to the KU game.  the last time he was at a game was 2 years ago so I don't know what kid activities there are.  where should we go to like high five willie and crap?  tia

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Kids and Gameday
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
don't. watched the fox news suicide vid by mistake today and it upset me. can't imagine what it would be like as a 4 year old.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
don't. watched the fox news suicide vid by mistake today and it upset me. can't imagine what it would be like as a 4 year old.

well that's kind of the idea.  we live in lawrence and he thinks he wants to be a ku fan.  if he sees them being pussies live I'm hoping he'll have a change of heart.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
don't take him. sell his tik on craigslist for like $150 instead. then take him to like chuckecheese or worlds of fun or something. he'll have more fun there than he would at the game. you'll have more fun at the game plus you'll get to go do another fun thing w/ him. you'll be up like a hundred dollars. win/win/win/win. jmo.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
Rams, give me the ticket and just start blaming everything bad on ku to your kid. 
Sad you can't stay up late?  Ku called and said to not let you.

Etc

Then we high give after each of the 800 td's sans kids

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »
don't take him. sell his tik on craigslist for like $150 instead. then take him to like chuckecheese or worlds of fun or something. he'll have more fun there than he would at the game. you'll have more fun at the game plus you'll get to go do another fun thing w/ him. you'll be up like a hundred dollars. win/win/win/win. jmo.

I don't actually have the tickets yet. I'm actually still trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger.  the tickets are $90 each and I know he's not going to sit there the entire game but I thought there might be enough other crap to walk around and do when he gets bored.  I mean the good news is that the game is going to be over before it starts so it's not like I'll be upset if I can't watch every snap.  I dunno.  have you taken the little daris' to any games?

pro tip - I have no idea how old your kids are.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »

I don't actually have the tickets yet. I'm actually still trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger.  the tickets are $90 each and I know he's not going to sit there the entire game but I thought there might be enough other crap to walk around and do when he gets bored.  I mean the good news is that the game is going to be over before it starts so it's not like I'll be upset if I can't watch every snap.  I dunno.  have you taken the little daris' to any games?

pro tip - I have no idea how old your kids are.

idk. alot of people here know that i'm quite a bit older (52) and that my kids are both in highschool. back when they were that age, games weren't fun with them at all. i wanted to watch bishop and they wanted to play nintendo. your call. kids...give me a break, right?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »
Little suprised that no one has made much light of the fact that his 4 yr old wants to be a Squawk.  T's and P's bro.  I guess, at this point, the best you can hope for is he's illegitimate.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Kids and Gameday
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
Fanning signal!

Offline B_Bogue

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:02:45 PM »
Been following this site since right when the season started...can't get enough K-State Football and have enjoyed reading the blog posts and banter in the comments from those that post frequently.

My boy is 3 years old. Actually about 3 1/2 now.  He missed maybe 2 games as a six month old in the '09 season, maybe a game in '10 and a game in the '11 season.  This year he's made every game this year and been my wingman in our seats, while my wife hasn't gone at all.

My family (parents, aunts/uncles/cousin) etc are all season ticket holders as well so its easy for us to pass Braxton around to my mom or aunt to watch him.  The wife would take him out to our tailgate when he was 1 or 2 if he got burned out...However -- this year he is totally into it.  He does the K-State "First Down" cheer and loves the band and all the action.  As a 3-year old I bet he knows more about football than my wife. 

Anyway, I bet your 4-year old would have fun at the game; and if you live in Lawrence, you need to get him inoculated into K-State culture as much as possible to stave off the local influences from living in Larryville.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 10:03:59 PM »
 :bill:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
Little suprised that no one has made much light of the fact that his 4 yr old wants to be a Squawk.  T's and P's bro.  I guess, at this point, the best you can hope for is he's illegitimate.
That's a dick thing to say jtksu.  :nono:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
Take the kid.  The weather forecast looks good and the game time is perfect for him to nap on the ride home.  Take a few toys in with you to occupy him when he gets bored.  Worst case you'll have to leave a little early and miss some of #life's PT.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
Take the kid to the flint hills disc center.  Tell him to have fun.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

will they watch him until the game is over?

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »

will they watch him until the game is over?

:dunno:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
FWIW, I was slightly older than your son when I started going to Catz games with my dad and his buddies. The most enjoyable aspect for me, back in the day, was having my dad and all his friend talk to me about football. They weren't as HFBIQ as some of the guys around here, but they were able to explain to me what was going on and, in general, why we were doing it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »
You have two choices, move from lawrence or just put the kid up for adoption. If he becomes a KU fan, he will know there is no value in college education and can just become a t-shirt fan.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »
The kid's mumped.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kids and Gameday
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »
Been following this site since right when the season started...can't get enough K-State Football and have enjoyed reading the blog posts and banter in the comments from those that post frequently.

My boy is 3 years old. Actually about 3 1/2 now.  He missed maybe 2 games as a six month old in the '09 season, maybe a game in '10 and a game in the '11 season.  This year he's made every game this year and been my wingman in our seats, while my wife hasn't gone at all.

My family (parents, aunts/uncles/cousin) etc are all season ticket holders as well so its easy for us to pass Braxton around to my mom or aunt to watch him.  The wife would take him out to our tailgate when he was 1 or 2 if he got burned out...However -- this year he is totally into it.  He does the K-State "First Down" cheer and loves the band and all the action.  As a 3-year old I bet he knows more about football than my wife. 

Anyway, I bet your 4-year old would have fun at the game; and if you live in Lawrence, you need to get him inoculated into K-State culture as much as possible to stave off the local influences from living in Larryville.

Take a lap phikiea

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »

:facepalm:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
hey what's your problem Testy Westy????!!!!