Author Topic: Hurricane oscar  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Hurricane oscar
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane oscar
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »
I sure hope oscar is awesome at winning basketball games!
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
me too 8manpick, me too.

i wouldn't describe oscar as a hurricane though.  he reminds me of a 50 megaton nuclear weapon developed by the soviets and tested in 1962.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
Yeah, buddy!  :billdance:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »
Tru dat.

:confused:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
Quote from: Martavious
"The honeymoon was over a long time ago. It ended a long time ago, I know that. oscar has showed a few moments that he's got some Frank in him."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
Quote from: the players in this article
oscar is not a prick and he can actually play basketball.

None of that makes him a better coach, or that the players will play as hard as they did for Frank, or that he'll win. But that's what I got from that.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
The question remains whether a player will play harder out of fear or out of love.  I tend to agree with the Machiavellian stance that it is better to be feared than loved if one must be lacking.  Therefore while I believe players will play hard for oscar I don't believe they will play as hard as they did for Frank.  It's just not going to happen. 

"Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with.  Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
frank martin is an embarrassment and a disgrace to whichever school's bench he represents.  his coaching "tactics" are a farce. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
I'm just worried that no one can love oscar.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »
me too 8manpick, me too.

i wouldn't describe oscar as a hurricane though.  he reminds me of a 50 megaton nuclear weapon developed by the soviets and tested in 1962.

HERE COMES THE oscar WEBER PAIN TRAIN!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 03:29:32 PM »
Summary:  Thank God we're rid of Frank and his abusive ways.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
oscar is nothing but positive reinforcement.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
sean keeler is writing fluff pieces about kstate now instead of telling people kstate cheats in des moines chatrooms.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20, but all of the evidence shows us that we should have fired Frank sooner.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
sean keeler is writing fluff pieces about kstate now instead of telling people kstate cheats in des moines chatrooms.

:thumbs:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »

I enjoyed the Hell out of this post.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
I'm so excited to watch our KSU Cats play the game of basketball, win, and enjoy it.

This is the story of Hurricane...

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
What if guys...

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »

wow. how could i forget.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
The question remains whether a player will play harder out of fear or out of love.  I tend to agree with the Machiavellian stance that it is better to be feared than loved if one must be lacking.  Therefore while I believe players will play hard for oscar I don't believe they will play as hard as they did for Frank.  It's just not going to happen. 

"Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with.  Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails."

Quote from: Michael Scott
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »

Wrong and Wrong, players play hard for playing time...up to the coach to enforce it, doesn't matter if it is out of love or fear.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

Wrong and Wrong, players play hard for playing time...up to the coach to enforce it, doesn't matter if it is out of love or fear.

So they play hard because of a fear that the coach will punish them with less playing time.  Oh, I see you've met my friends Check and Mate.  I'll let you guys talk.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 12:14:16 AM »

So they play hard because of a fear that the coach will punish them with less playing time.  Oh, I see you've met my friends Check and Mate.  I'll let you guys talk.

I don't know if fear or love is better, but I think the there are a lot of factors that go into players playing hard.  I think one of the most important ones is pride.  Look at Snyder's 16 goals. Pride isn't in there, but it is impossible to achieve those goals without a sense of pride, both in one's self and in your team. If Weber can get a sense of pride and unity in a team, they will go far.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »
i'm going to be a coach and just carry a gun with me at all times on the sidelines.  my pregame speech to the team will be play hard or die.  same as my halftime speech of course, as well as my post game speech.

undefeated natty champs (w/troph to prove it) and hopefully old balls gets us to the bcs victory

best season ever?  trophs galore?  yup.