Author Topic: The old man is urgent, time is quickly fading  (Read 5295 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The old man is urgent, time is quickly fading
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »
Bill thinks highly of himself, he knows his time is drawing near.  Calm the waters my ass.  I sense this heightened urgency in him that he knows he has one last shot at putting the icing on his cake. It was never about rebuilding the program, it's a quest for the ultimate closure, a national title.  Best offense in a decade, maybe ever. The effort he puts into this season may be the beginning of his end. To think this could be ended by rhoads, briles, gundy or holgerson is folly.  Bill wants Mack and then Saban to cement his legacy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: The old man is urgent, time is quickly fading
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »
intense

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:26 PM »
Bill retired.  Did the retirement things retired people do. Got bored.  Realized he needed a hobby. 

You may take this seriously, but for Bill this is hobby like gardening.  Screw your waters.  Let the man grow some radishes.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »
 :flush:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »
 :ohno:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »
Bill isn't retiring with #life primed to run this offense from 2013-2015

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »
Thats a lot of hyperbole in one post.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
I see a pretty damn good O Line and I don't see a single SR next to any of their names.

This is not a one year deal.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
I see a pretty damn good O Line and I don't see a single SR next to any of their names.

This is not a one year deal.

now do the defense. just saying.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »
Bill thinks highly of himself, he knows his time is drawing near.  Calm the waters my ass.  I sense this heightened urgency in him that he knows he has one last shot at putting the icing on his cake. It was never about rebuilding the program, it's a quest for the ultimate closure, a national title.  Best offense in a decade, maybe ever. The effort he puts into this season may be the beginning of his end. To think this could be ended by rhoads, briles, gundy or holgerson is folly.  Bill wants Mack and then Saban to cement his legacy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
The old man is urgent, time is quickly fading
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »
What if his ULTIMATE CLOSURE is 3 national titles and 2 heisman winners?

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »

honestly wouldn't be surprised if true

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 01:23:44 AM »

:jerk:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »
i mean, yeah, op is very  :dubious:

but can you imagine the movie that would come out of this if it was true :sdeek:

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 05:46:44 AM »

Rofl. Just awful.

No, Bill hated seeing what he put his legacy on just be destroyed by Ron Prince. His return wasn't anything about a quest.

2002 and 2003 were better (in your last decade). 97, 98, 99 and 2000 were better. The entire offenses and defenses we're better those years, sometimes much better.

This team has an incredible amount of resolve though that those teams didn't have to this level.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 05:52:30 AM »

Rofl. Just awful.

No, Bill hated seeing what he put his legacy on just be destroyed by Ron Prince. His return wasn't anything about a quest.

2002 and 2003 were better (in your last decade). 97, 98, 99 and 2000 were better. The entire offenses and defenses we're better those years, sometimes much better.

This team has an incredible amount of resolve though that those teams didn't have to this level.

You'll be surprised how the NFL talent on this team compares to the talent on the teams you mentioned.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »
Bucket list

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The old man is urgent, time is quickly fading
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »

based on what, exactly?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
I have been told from a legitimate source that when Snyder came back in 2009, he said he wanted to win the NC in 2012.

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »
I have been told from a legitimate source that when Snyder came back in 2009, he said he wanted to win the NC in 2012.

Sooooooooo he never wanted to win a NC any of the other years??????

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
Bill isn't going to retire any time soon with a nucleus of offensive lineman, receivers, and Sams returning over the next few years.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

based on what, exactly?

-Overall Team IQ
-Low penalty totals
-Less amount of stupid mistakes
-Winning based on heart, not talent

Just to name a few. This team does not have the overall talent that the teams of the late 90's had. Not even close in my opinion. This team plays much better as an overall team though and has a sense of collective cohesion that is off the charts. It starts with Klein and him being a rough ridin' unbelievable Leader and ends with Arthur Brown being the same on Defense.
elitist since 1994

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
It's pretty effing stupid to try to guess what his motivation is, since no one ever knows what the hell he is thinking. That being said I still think the the true reason he came back was to win a NC.  You just can't be as consumed with football, as he is, and not care about winning a NC more than anything. I bet after he passes, we will hear all sorts of stories from his close family and friends about just how much of his life was consumed by this.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Rob_Cassidy

• Fan
  • patchy bearded douchebag in Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »

-Winning based on heart, not talent

What does this mean?