Author Topic: General NFL thread: 2019 Tom Brady's Legacy  (Read 114968 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Agree with cRusty.

Not a big Cowboys fan, but Jerry Jones only "made" Arlington pay for the infrastructure around AT&T stadium, the roads and such, he didn't make them pay for the stadium itself.

I could be mistaken, but I think that deal has worked out well for the City of Arlington relative to the number of large events AT&T Stadium now attracts.

San Diego only dropped below 60K a game this year after years of really not doing anything.   Otherwise they've averaged 65K a game for as far back as I care to look.   Admittedly their %'s relative to number of seats available is on the lower side in the NFL, but the Murph has always been too big for that market and that demographic.   Plus you'd have to say their attendance may have been impacted by the fact that a lot of seats at the Murph are crap, as it was originally a multi-purpose stadium.    There's no indication that they couldn't build and fill a 65K seat dedicated football stadium at 90% plus of capacity on a regular basis in San Diego.

You can build a decent stadium, even in urban California and not need to spend a billion dollars. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
I think it sucks. I like the AFC West in Oakland and San Diego. Vegas especially is weird.
At the end of the day, do you really care? Good for San Diego for not giving money to the owner. Hope Oakland follows suit and lets the owners or some other dumb town pay for a new stadium.

I agree that its a waste to pay for a stadium, but I do care because I consider pro sports teams a part of the fabric of any big city, so it sucks to see that relationship undervalued by team owners. I mean I'm not going to lose sleep or anything

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One really weird thing about the chargers moving to la is that I don't think anyone in la wants or cares for them to move there, in fact a lot of people dislike them bc they're in the same division as the raiders.  At least people in la have some connection to the rams.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it sucks. I like the AFC West in Oakland and San Diego. Vegas especially is weird.
At the end of the day, do you really care? Good for San Diego for not giving money to the owner. Hope Oakland follows suit and lets the owners or some other dumb town pay for a new stadium.

I agree that its a waste to pay for a stadium, but I do care because I consider pro sports teams a part of the fabric of any big city, so it sucks to see that relationship undervalued by team owners. I mean I'm not going to lose sleep or anything
sure cities in CA will be fine w/o major league sports but for the rest of us in flyover country it means a lot. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
One really weird thing about the chargers moving to la is that I don't think anyone in la wants or cares for them to move there, in fact a lot of people dislike them bc they're in the same division as the raiders.  At least people in la have some connection to the rams.
Sounds like it was already that way in San Diego.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

sure cities in CA will be fine w/o major league sports but for the rest of us in flyover country it means a lot.

I think the Raiders are a pretty big deal in Oakland.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

I think the Raiders are a pretty big deal in Oakland.
Not really, they're pretty regional and the area around the stadium is pretty lame. People are much more connected to the A's.

Also I think all cities should stop paying for stadiums. If everyone stopped everyone would keep their teams.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
the raiders are probably a bigger deal in fresno than in oakland.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So Packers win it all right?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Playing the Chiefs? A la first super bowl?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Watching the cowboys get cucked by Rodgers at home after plowing through the regular season is really fun to watch.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well that was fast. I'm hoping it's at least a good game. I'm hoping for a GB/KC SB, though.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a fun match.

The Big Train

This is a beat down

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rodgers is just too good, even with that last throw. And the Cowboys offense is intent on making tons of mistakes.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a beat down
Is it?

It was when I posted that
I read it as the Cowboys were driving and was confident they'd get a td. Almost effed it up with that 3rd and 14 action. Almost had go eat crow.

The Big Train

This is a beat down
Is it?

It was when I posted that
I read it as the Cowboys were driving and was confident they'd get a td. Almost effed it up with that 3rd and 14 action. Almost had go eat crow.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is your fault wetwillie

The Big Train

This game man :sdeek:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have to think this won't end well for the cowboys.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It won't. Rodgers has this.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Have to think this won't end well for the cowboys.
Oh yeah?! Do ya?!?