Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 289971 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1225 on: August 23, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
you guys are missing the point. the willie is a discussion for another day. the kstateo part is the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) "no big city no ego no media" bullshit that doesn't even mean anything

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 23, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
i don't know where to put this but it is pretty rough ridin' -eo

still can't afford the full mascot?
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-best-and-worst-logos-2013
"cartoon magpie"    :lol: :lol: :lol:

yet there is only one jayhawk...lots of wildcats out there :)

Our wildcat is a man beast, though. It's by far the most unique mascot in all of sports.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 23, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »
you guys are missing the point. the willie is a discussion for another day. the kstateo part is the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) "no big city no ego no media" bullshit that doesn't even mean anything

Just smash mouth football, mocat!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 23, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »
 :ksu:

Offline MeatGeeKSU

• Fan
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 23, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-best-and-worst-logos-2013

Your point?  Wildcats are super popular(because of the elite K-State Wildcats obviously), cartoon magpies are not.  What don't you get about this?  Also, having been to KU games before, why do you have so many Jayhawk mascots if you only need one Jayhawk? I'll hang up and listen.
"I’m the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I’m the women’s pick, I’m the men’s regret and if you pick against LHC Bill Snyder you made a bad bet.”

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 23, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »

Our wildcat is a man beast, though. It's by far the most unique mascot in all of sports.

lol man beast? you make fun of a jayhawk yet your mascot is half man half pussycat lol
everyone is jealous

Offline MeatGeeKSU

• Fan
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 23, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »

SUPER ELITE!
 :lynchmob:
"I’m the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I’m the women’s pick, I’m the men’s regret and if you pick against LHC Bill Snyder you made a bad bet.”

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 23, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
i think that power towel was added post-production for modesty. a courtesy they did not extend to jake waters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 23, 2013, 09:00:58 PM »
Yay, you dummies let tim jack another thread

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/70930/predicting-the-2013-season-week-15

Ubben predicts a 3 way tie for the season's outcome  :jerk:

What a cop out on an actual prediction.   Maybe Ubbs got sick of looking dumb when he picks the wrong confy champ, so he decided to go for broke and put 3 people up top, trippling his odds.

Yes dumbass, he copped out by coming up with a three way tie after predicting every single game. I could see how you would think he is copping out though because there certainly isn't recent precedent for a three way tie at the top of the conference.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 24, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/70930/predicting-the-2013-season-week-15

What a cop out on an actual prediction.   Maybe Ubbs got sick of looking dumb when he picks the wrong confy champ, so he decided to go for broke and put 3 people up top, trippling his odds.

Yes dumbass, he copped out by coming up with a three way tie after predicting every single game. I could see how you would think he is copping out though because there certainly isn't recent precedent for a three way tie at the top of the conference.

Well dumbass, if you'd look at a couple of those picks he made, they were just made to end up with a 3 way tie.  He had texas with 9 wins, atop the big 12, lose its second to last game, at home, against sand-aggies.  Thats a stupid F'n pick.  Then he has Ok-state beating OU on the road (but in OT!!!!) in the last game of the year.  If you think he just sat down with a pen and paper and started picking games and got to the end of the season and said "well geeeee look at that a three way tie DURRRR" then you are mistaken sir.  The longer Ubben was at ESPN the more middle of the road hes got on all his picks (like in 2011 when he started out sour on the Cats but by the end of the season was all like "I knew all along!")   and this is just the latest example.  Its going to be interesting going forward, because for all the  :shakesfist: he was still the closest thing the kats had to a proponent at ESPN.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 24, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »

Well dumbass, if you'd look at a couple of those picks he made, they were just made to end up with a 3 way tie.  He had texas with 9 wins, atop the big 12, lose its second to last game, at home, against sand-aggies.  Thats a stupid F'n pick.  Then he has Ok-state beating OU on the road (but in OT!!!!) in the last game of the year.  If you think he just sat down with a pen and paper and started picking games and got to the end of the season and said "well geeeee look at that a three way tie DURRRR" then you are mistaken sir.  The longer Ubben was at ESPN the more middle of the road hes got on all his picks (like in 2011 when he started out sour on the Cats but by the end of the season was all like "I knew all along!")   and this is just the latest example.  Its going to be interesting going forward, because for all the  :shakesfist: he was still the closest thing the kats had to a proponent at ESPN.

JFC, tuck :powerespect:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 24, 2013, 06:35:14 PM »

Right, fall back on that crap when you get proven that you couldn't BBS your way out of a wet paper rough ridin' sack.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »

Right, fall back on that crap when you get proven that you couldn't BBS your way out of a wet paper rough ridin' sack.
HerrSonntag just put the hammer down and it landed right smack on MIR's scrotum.  :horrorsurprise:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 24, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »
UT has gone 5-11 at home in the Big 12 the past 3 years.  Six of eight Big 12 teams who play at DKR have won there in the past 3 years.  Other than KU, picking them to lose a conference game at home is not a stupid pick.  It maybe wrong, but certainly not stupid.  If Prince can win at DKR, Swagwood certainly could.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 24, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
UT has gone 5-11 at home in the Big 12 the past 3 years.  Six of eight Big 12 teams who play at DKR have won there in the past 3 years.  Other than KU, picking them to lose a conference game at home is not a stupid pick.  It maybe wrong, but certainly not stupid.  If Prince can win at DKR, Swagwood certainly could.
Good point, but he won't.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 24, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »

HerrSonntag just put the hammer down and it landed right smack on MIR's scrotum.  :horrorsurprise:

:sdeek:

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »

I agree, but not out of the realm of possibility is all I'm saying. 

Also, saying a pundit is trying to walk the middle of the road, but does it by making outrageous non-middle of the road picks, seems like a stupid argument to me.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »

I agree, but not out of the realm of possibility is all I'm saying. 

Also, saying a pundit is trying to walk the middle of the road, but does it by making outrageous non-middle of the road picks, seems like a stupid argument to me.
I agree, but there is no way I'll believe Ubben is pro K-State by any means.  He only picked us when it was obvious we would win.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 24, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »

LOL at this guy questioning anyones ability to "BBS." You're complaining about some bloggers pick to win the big 12 and then you went through the game pics to cry some more. rough ridin' pathetic.

Katdaddy having your back should be a clue to you, but it isn't. Go back to lurking you stupid rough ridin' tuck :eye:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 24, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »
crap, you got me bro, carry on

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »
Getting butthurt about an ESPN blogger (regardless of how stupid the article) is pretty f*ckin tuck there's no two ways about it.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 24, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »
Right, sorry i forgot that ITT we don't talk about articles written by representatives of national media organizations.

:peek:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:37:01 PM by HerrSonntag »

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
Right, sorry i forgot that ITT we don't talk about articles written by representatives of national media organizations.

:peek:

Only dumbfuck lunatic fans troll Big 12 blogs on ESPN. Give it up, it's inconsequential. The MTV of sports coverage.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 24, 2013, 11:51:26 PM »
...dumbfuck lunatic fans...

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 24, 2013, 11:55:34 PM »
 :popcorn: