Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290047 times)

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #975 on: December 13, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
Guys, we beat the Ducks...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 13, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
Guys, we beat the Ducks...

Mods, move to the Media Loves Us Thread. TIA

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
Jerry Hinnen  (Jer Bear)   :emawkid:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
The writers who picked Notre Dame to win should be fired or demoted to covering men's tennis. Alabama is going to make Notre Dame look like a high school team.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 17, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
The writers who picked Notre Dame to win should be fired or demoted to covering men's tennis. Alabama is going to make Notre Dame look like a high school team.

That's, like, your opinion.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 17, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »
Jerry Hinnen  (Jer Bear)   :emawkid:
What a stud!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

I would have picked Notre Dame. They are really good. Maybe even the best NCAA football team of all time.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 17, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Everytime ND has been picked to be in a close one or lose, they've stepped up.  I think they can win and at worst it will be close.  Very disciplined team.  I don't think this Alabama team is as good as last years or that the SEC is as good as advertised.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 17, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
Everytime ND has been picked to be in a close one or lose, they've stepped up.  I think they can win and at worst it will be close.  Very disciplined team.  I don't think this Alabama team is as good as last years or that the SEC is as good as advertised.

This. ND will make a game out of it at the very least. I expect them to win. No one has told me why they think Alabama is so good. The 2 good teams they beat gave the game to them. LSU could have won if they played normally instead of Ron Prince'ing it up. Georgia could have won if 1. Bama didn't randomly go for 2 and make it or 2. Georgia would have known how to stop the clock at the end of the game.

Obviously, Alabama still won those games, and they definitely deserve to be in the NC, but it's ridiculous to think they are going to dominate ND.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 17, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/16

there were 63 chances to pick against an SEC team, of those 63 chances only 12 times did someone pick against a SEC team.  Of those 12 picks 5 were against Mississippi State.  That means the other 8 games gave the opportunity to pick against the SEC 56 times, they were only picked against 7 of those 56 times.

What I'm trying to say is I won't be watching Nebraska vs. Georgia, humanity loses

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 18, 2012, 12:18:26 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/16

there were 63 chances to pick against an SEC team, of those 63 chances only 12 times did someone pick against a SEC team.  Of those 12 picks 5 were against Mississippi State.  That means the other 8 games gave the opportunity to pick against the SEC 56 times, they were only picked against 7 of those 56 times.

What I'm trying to say is I won't be watching Nebraska vs. Georgia, humanity loses

The SEC may be overrated, but it's still miles ahead of the ACC and Big 10. I'm surprised more people are not picking OU to beat Texas A&M, though. The media has really been sleeping on the Sooners this season.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 18, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »
 :sdeek: Most picked collie cult over land grabbers.  I mean, really?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
:sdeek: Most picked collie cult over land grabbers.  I mean, really?

They were "exposed" in the loss to lowly KSU.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 18, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
Didn't ou beat the collies pretty handedly last year?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 18, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

They beat them by more than 40 points more often than not.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »

But But But....Johnny Football

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 19, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

helps when 3 of their bowl games are against the BIG, 1 against the Big XII, none against the PAC-12, 2 against the ACC, 1 against domer, and 2 against the Big East.

Which is another way of saying they have 2 difficult teams in the bowl season. Though I'd take Pitt against  :opcat:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 19, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

But But But....Johnny Football

This. Plus A&M is in the powerhouse that is the SEC.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 19, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »

helps when 3 of their bowl games are against the BIG, 1 against the Big XII, none against the PAC-12, 2 against the ACC, 1 against domer, and 2 against the Big East.

Which is another way of saying they have 2 difficult teams in the bowl season. Though I'd take Pitt against  :opcat:

:opcat: works for every team in the conference

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 20, 2012, 06:43:01 AM »

Yes, I agree, but that is also how I read it: I'd take Pitt against "any SEC team".

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »

Yes, I agree, but that is also how I read it: I'd take Pitt against "any SEC team".

lol

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 08, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
Big surprise.  We lose the guy that accounts for something like 75% of our points for the last two years and they don't think we will be any good.