Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290020 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #675 on: November 11, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
What are the chances ESPN rights their season of wrongs and brings the gameday crew to the CTR?

just a guess, but if we beat baylor, and texas beats tcu on thanksgiving, then 100 percent  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
What are the chances ESPN rights their season of wrongs and brings the gameday crew to the CTR?

if we and texas both win out they won't have another non-pud choice

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 11, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »

Thanks, SD. Now I'm really nervous though.

PS - <3 the new avi

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

Thanks, SD. Now I'm really nervous though.

PS - <3 the new avi

it really sums up my feelings right now I think

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
Want ND or Oregon. No way I will be able to survive the talking point about how great the SEC is just because they are able to get a shot at the NC.

So sick of the SEC talking points. When the Big 12 teams all beat each other up, it's because we're all mediocre. When the SEC beats each other up, it's because they're all so good.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »
Want ND or Oregon. No way I will be able to survive the talking point about how great the SEC is just because they are able to get a shot at the NC.

So sick of the SEC talking points. When the Big 12 teams all beat each other up, it's because we're all mediocre. When the SEC beats each other up, it's because they're all so good.

When a former mediocre Big 12 team beats the best SEC team what does that mean?  :dunno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

When a former mediocre Big 12 team beats the best SEC team what does that mean?  :dunno:

A&M's 2011 season has nothing to do with this season. Big 12 apologists are embarrassing themselves by trying to say 2012 A&M would be mediocre in the Big 12 this season. New coaching staff, new QB, etc. That being said, they still do play "Big 12 football".

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »
That's like 3 or 4 upset alerts in a row I think.  We must really suck.

It's tough to win games when every team you play has better athletes and more talent and the only reason you ever win is :bill:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

A&M's 2011 season has nothing to do with this season. Big 12 apologists are embarrassing themselves by trying to say 2012 A&M would be mediocre in the Big 12 this season. New coaching staff, new QB, etc. That being said, they still do play "Big 12 football".
yes a new coaching staff and a red shirt freshman leading your team turn you into a conference title contender overnight.  :dubious:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »
A&M last year could have easily beaten Arkansas, OSU, and us last year. 3 10+ win teams. They just had a knack at blowing their leads.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
A&M last year could have easily beaten Arkansas, OSU, and us last year. 3 10+ win teams. They just had a knack at blowing their leads.
I love counter factual scenarios which deny real history. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »

I do not agree with this. I think SEC teams are as ill equipped to deal with the Big 12 style of offense as the offenses are against the SEC type of defenses. Everyone just assumed the SEC defense would dominate the smaller spread you out offenses when really it's more even.  The SEC isn't as dominant as everyone made them out to be. A&M isn't really that different this year and they had a NFL starter as a QB last year so I'm not buying that it's all Manziel.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 11, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »

I do not agree with this. I think SEC teams are as ill equipped to deal with the Big 12 style of offense as the offenses are against the SEC type of defenses. Everyone just assumed the SEC defense would dominate the smaller spread you out offenses when really it's more even.  The SEC isn't as dominant as everyone made them out to be. A&M isn't really that different this year and they had a NFL starter as a QB last year so I'm not buying that it's all Manziel.

I love making fun of the SEC bias as much as anyone (5 teams in the top 10 is ridiculous, no matter what) but they still dominate in bowls every year. Been waiting for the year that the SEC doesn't have a winning record in bowl games, but it hasn't come yet. Sad because the NC's have been some flukes. Colt getting hurt, Oregon getting in, 2 SEC teams, etc. But at this point we have no evidence besides close non-con games to say that the SEC is not the best.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »

I love making fun of the SEC bias as much as anyone (5 teams in the top 10 is ridiculous, no matter what) but they still dominate in bowls every year. Been waiting for the year that the SEC doesn't have a winning record in bowl games, but it hasn't come yet. Sad because the NC's have been some flukes. Colt getting hurt, Oregon getting in, 2 SEC teams, etc. But at this point we have no evidence besides close non-con games to say that the SEC is not the best.

I read an interesting article earlier this season about why the SEC does better in bowl games. I can't find it now but I will post it when I do.

Offline BoondockSooner

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #689 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
Please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 11, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »

I'm not sure about that. They are 2-2 against teams better than Baylor right now, and that's making a big stretch to say that MSU is actually better than Baylor.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 11, 2012, 05:40:20 PM »

I read an interesting article earlier this season about why the SEC does better in bowl games. I can't find it now but I will post it when I do.
They play better in bowl games bc every SEC team is rewarded by being selected for their respective bowl. Everyone else has to settle for their bowl game bc they got looked over for the game they deserved and play half heartedly as a result

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
It probably doesn't hurt that most (all?) of their bowl games are played in the south. :dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

They play better in bowl games bc every SEC team is rewarded by being selected for their respective bowl. Everyone else has to settle for their bowl game bc they got looked over for the game they deserved and play half heartedly as a result

2 SEC teams make it into the BCS every year, which means SEC teams outside the BCS generally play a team that is ranked higher in that team's respective conference than said SEC team is in theirs. Here's a good example, K-State finished 2nd in the Big 12, played the team that finished 3rd in the SEC. That would be a disadvantage to the SEC, but they still win a lot of their bowl games year in and year out.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »
The SEC also has 3 bowl games tied into the big 10. That probably helps, playing that garbage conference

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
Dennis Dodd today  :jerk:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Dennis Dodd today  :jerk:

i quit following him on twitter a while ago, wasn't worth my time. Him trolling NASCAR fans was my breaking point. :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 11, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
Look, I understand that sports writers are supposed to be controversial at times.  It's what sells papers.

But why does controversial have to equate to dumbfuck stupidity?  Why can't controversial be ridiculously insightful?

eff you Dodds for all your years of dumbfuck stupidity you've given us.  :chainsaw: