Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290063 times)

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #475 on: November 02, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
Really liking all the recent anger in this thread.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 02, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
To be fair I haven't watched more than 30 seconds of any Oregon game because I can't be bothered to stay up that late to watching rough ridin' Pac-12 games.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 02, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
To be fair I haven't watched more than 30 seconds of any Oregon game because I can't be bothered to stay up that late to watching rough ridin' Pac-12 games.

I wouldn't watch them in the day. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 02, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
over my dead body mentality

:love:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 02, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/01/12/Snyder-working-miracles-again-at-Kansas-/landing_big12.html?blockID=813065&feedID=3799

This has to be the most squakish back handed complimentary article to date. Fack this douche.
That was the mother of all phog.net posts - it had everything - all time record, basketball blue blood, MHK is 2 hours from Lawrence, KU's SoD, just a tour de force of Jayhawk spin.  I kept waiting for some fine dining or live music discussion.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/01/12/Snyder-working-miracles-again-at-Kansas-/landing_big12.html?blockID=813065&feedID=3799

This has to be the most squakish back handed complimentary article to date. Fack this douche.
That was the mother of all phog.net posts - it had everything - all time record, basketball blue blood, MHK is 2 hours from Lawrence, KU's SoD, just a tour de force of Jayhawk spin.  I kept waiting for some fine dining or live music discussion.

Hey did you know that Memorial Stadium is the best setting for any college stadium in the world?  I mean it's rough ridin' beautiful man.

Offline Springdogg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
Another Dbag reporter, another article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-history-voters-on-side-to-reach-bcs-title-game-ahead-of-kansas-state-110212

When LHC Bill Snyder became Kansas State’s coach, the first time in 1989, he walked through the football offices, past the trophy case and saw that it held ... one trophy. One. The 1982 Independence Bowl. Runners-up. Snyder was so embarrassed by K-State’s history that he took the trophy and gave it to his new secretary.

She took it home and put it on her piano.

Everyone already knows that Snyder has performed a miracle turnaround. That’s not what this is about. Instead, it’s about places in history, and how impossible they are to turn.

This is about Notre Dame, really. Notre Dame and Kansas State are the top contenders for the final spot in the BCS title game, the spot that will face (read: lose to) Alabama.

It is the perfect contrast. Notre Dame with maybe the greatest history in college football or Kansas State, with the worst. I’m in possibly a unique spot of having covered both teams for a living – K-State as a beat writer for the Wichita Eagle and Notre Dame as a columnist at the Chicago Sun-Times.

K-State is a nice story waiting for a conclusion, a spot in the BCS title game. I just don’t see it happening for one main reason:

There is no way that an undefeated Notre Dame team is going to be left out of the national championship game.

That’s not based on any BCS-computer formulas. It’s about how voters see Notre Dame, and have seen the Irish for decades. It might even just be an accidental bias by now. But there is a reason the BCS rules were written around Notre Dame in the first place, to include the Irish whenever possible.

Two-thirds of the BCS rankings are decided on human voting. And college football has been waiting for years for Notre Dame to come back.

Historically, Notre Dame gets every break, every possible Heisman vote, every ranking, every bowl game. K-State’s history fit on a secretary’s piano, likely next to a fern.

Now, Notre Dame and Kansas State are trying for a national title trophy, and also for the Heisman Trophy: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and K-State quarterback Collin Klein are the favorites.

Klein seems to be everyone’s top choice (I’d go with Te’o.) And it’s just impossible to believe that the sport will short-change Notre Dame for Kansas State twice. Snyder and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly are both saying the right things, that they aren’t thinking about the national championship game. You have to keep your focus, they say...

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »

I wouldn't watch them in the day.

Why not? Oregon is cool.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-history-voters-on-side-to-reach-bcs-title-game-ahead-of-kansas-state-110212

When LHC Bill Snyder became Kansas State’s coach, the first time in 1989, he walked through the football offices, past the trophy case and saw that it held ... one trophy. One. The 1982 Independence Bowl. Runners-up. Snyder was so embarrassed by K-State’s history that he took the trophy and gave it to his new secretary.

Everyone already knows that Snyder has performed a miracle turnaround. That’s not what this is about. Instead, it’s about places in history, and how impossible they are to turn.

This is about Notre Dame, really. Notre Dame and Kansas State are the top contenders for the final spot in the BCS title game, the spot that will face (read: lose to) Alabama.

It is the perfect contrast. Notre Dame with maybe the greatest history in college football or Kansas State, with the worst. I’m in possibly a unique spot of having covered both teams for a living – K-State as a beat writer for the Wichita Eagle and Notre Dame as a columnist at the Chicago Sun-Times.

K-State is a nice story waiting for a conclusion, a spot in the BCS title game. I just don’t see it happening for one main reason:

There is no way that an undefeated Notre Dame team is going to be left out of the national championship game.

That’s not based on any BCS-computer formulas. It’s about how voters see Notre Dame, and have seen the Irish for decades. It might even just be an accidental bias by now. But there is a reason the BCS rules were written around Notre Dame in the first place, to include the Irish whenever possible.

Two-thirds of the BCS rankings are decided on human voting. And college football has been waiting for years for Notre Dame to come back.

Historically, Notre Dame gets every break, every possible Heisman vote, every ranking, every bowl game. K-State’s history fit on a secretary’s piano, likely next to a fern.

Now, Notre Dame and Kansas State are trying for a national title trophy, and also for the Heisman Trophy: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and K-State quarterback Collin Klein are the favorites.

Klein seems to be everyone’s top choice (I’d go with Te’o.) And it’s just impossible to believe that the sport will short-change Notre Dame for Kansas State twice. Snyder and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly are both saying the right things, that they aren’t thinking about the national championship game. You have to keep your focus, they say...

Trying to understand what your problem could be with this.  It's true a bunch of assholes could very well do all they can to get ND voted into the No. 2 spot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
Ppl that can't find solid reasoning for favoring someone over us should not write articles.  They should stick to twitter and blame the 140 character limit on why they don't provide better reasoning behind their own stupid opinions based on them being stupid.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »

Trying to understand what your problem could be with this.  It's true a bunch of assholes could very well do all they can to get ND voted into the No. 2 spot.

It's because this guy hasn't been paying attention to college football this season.  If this were true, then why didn't that group of people vote ND past us after they beat OU in Norman?  Those voters took what was by far their best chance to move ND past KSU and completely ignored it.  I don't know how a writer could reasonably think "Hey, 95% of the voters didn't move ND past KSU after ND won in Norman, but they will surely move ND past KSU after beating 3 shitty ACC teams in a row followed by USC."
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 02, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »

Klein seems to be everyone’s top choice (I’d go with Te’o.) And it’s just impossible to believe that the sport will short-change Notre Dame for Kansas State twice. Snyder and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly are both saying the right things, that they aren’t thinking about the national championship game.  You have to keep your focus, they say...

fixed
emaw

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 02, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »

It's because this guy hasn't been paying attention to college football this season.  If this were true, then why didn't that group of people vote ND past us after they beat OU in Norman?  Those voters took what was by far their best chance to move ND past KSU and completely ignored it.  I don't know how a writer could reasonably think "Hey, 95% of the voters didn't move ND past KSU after ND won in Norman, but they will surely move ND past KSU after beating 3 shitty ACC teams in a row followed by USC."

They gained more points on us in the Harris poll this week than in any before. 

Also, and this isn't in response to Hamburglar, but if you read the whole article the dude was basically putting ND on blast for sucking forever, and calling voters assholes and idiots for catering to the illusion that ND is more than they are. 

I don't think it will happen, but it isn't like K-State hasn't gotten screwed before.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 02, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
When people start writing butthurt articles ala the likes of Alabama, Notre Dame, etc. you know you have arrived  :gocho:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
I don't think it will happen, but it isn't like K-State hasn't gotten screwed before.

we haven't been screwed before

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »

Except almost every year of the DOD and last year

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
Guys, I am more worried about the lack of a conf champ game than anything now.  This is what some of the media is been leaning too now.  Saying that the lack of the game could give others the chance to leap frog us while we are idle.

Would hugely suck considering the 1998 conf champ game hurt us, and now not having one could hurt us to.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't type stuff here.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Guys, I am more worried about the lack of a conf champ game than anything now.  This is what some of the media is been leaning too now.  Saying that the lack of the game could give others the chance to leap frog us while we are idle.

Would hugely suck considering the 1998 conf champ game hurt us, and now not having one could hurt us to.

fwiw the champ games are on the same day as our vs Texas game right?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »

Except almost every year of the DOD and last year

if we go undefeated every year of the dod we play for the national title every year.

VaTech and Michigan had the same record as us - how can you clearly justify us getting in over them?

In summary: if we would have won more we wouldn't have gotten "screwed".

we won't be idle, we'll play Texas, who will probably be a tougher game than whatever Pud-12 team will play Oregon.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 02, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »

we won't be idle, we'll play Texas, who will probably be a tougher game than whatever Pud-12 team will play Oregon.
[/quote]

The part that hurts us when it comes to not having a CCG is only having 12 games instead of 13

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 02, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »
Of course we have been screwed before.  I mean, the K-State rule is called the K-State rule for a reason.  No team has been passed over for at large berths in the BCS more than us, and it's not close.

Having said that, I don' think that ND will pass us this year if we win all of our games.  If they were going to pass us, it probably would have happened already.  The only chance now is if they whip USC (maybe they beat Oregon tomorrow?) on the 24th and pass us while we are idle.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #496 on: November 02, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
Of course we have been screwed before.  I mean, the K-State rule is called the K-State rule for a reason.  No team has been passed over for at large berths in the BCS more than us, and it's not close.

Having said that, I don' think that ND will pass us this year if we win all of our games.  If they were going to pass us, it probably would have happened already.  The only chance now is if they whip USC (maybe they beat Oregon tomorrow?) on the 24th and pass us while we are idle.

It's not called the K-State rule. And you're just making up numbers about "getting passed over", and in all those years we would be in the BCS if we win more.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #497 on: November 02, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »

It's not called the K-State rule. And you're just making up numbers about "getting passed over", and in all those years we would be in the BCS if we win more.

Don't be dumb.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Don't be dumb.

Yeah, I guess I should be making up bullshit to justify preemptive butthurt instead. You know, take the intelligent route.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 02, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Yeah, clearly made up.

Of the 14 previous years of the Bowl Championship Series, no teams have been eligible for at-large selection more than Kansas State and Florida, five times each. And no team has been passed over for at-large opportunities — ahem — more times than the Wildcats, who've received zero bids in five chances.

Heck, among schools that have been among the at-large pool at least four different times, they're still the only one that hasn't gotten its ticket punched by a bowl committee — the Gators notched three bids in five tries, Ohio State is 4-for-4 and Boise State is 1-for-4.

Even more galling: In four of those years, K-State was passed over by at least one team with a lower BCS ranking. In 2011-12, it happened twice over, with No. 11 Virginia Tech and No. 13 Michigan getting at-large nods over the then-No. 8 Wildcats.