Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290015 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #450 on: November 02, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
The things that I can't stand in journalists are pseudointellectuals (a lot of the grantland dorks), cloyingly "witty" unfunny losers (scott van pelt, more grantland dorks) or complete journo fanboys about journalism.  I can forgive a **** or being a homer for your alma mater.

The *** is generally done by someone trying to be a pseudointellectual.

yeah, prolly

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 02, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
I have no idea what *** means.  goEMAW and it's acronyms.  :confused:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 02, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
The things that I can't stand in journalists are pseudointellectuals (a lot of the grantland dorks), cloyingly "witty" unfunny losers (scott van pelt, more grantland dorks) or complete journo fanboys about journalism.  I can forgive a **** or being a homer for your alma mater.

svp is awesome just because he's actually an active sports message board user
emaw

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »

so is katdaddy (also awesome)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 02, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »

harrumph
emaw

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 02, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »

Well then get that bald bastard to post here.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 02, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »
sports radio dumbasses down here keep going on and on about how osu has a chance to win now that tre is injured.

:dubious:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
I like tully

I liked the paragraph below a lot.

That's about half the state. The other half are Kansas State fans, and whether you call it entitlement or security, they don't have it. What they feel is an unwavering certainty that Kansas State is about to get screwed at all times. That its achievements will be overlooked. That its rightful place on the dais will be taken by some underachiever with blue blood.

I think it is one of the things that make our crowds (both football, and bball under Frank) so great. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:21:38 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
wait, people hate Tully? wtf is wrong with you people.

I don't hate him, just said he was a huge KU fanboy. I hate "stories" with "****" breaks mroe than I hate KU fanboys.

michigancat to joe posnanski   :chainsaw:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 02, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »

:blush: I think?   Maybe  :sdeek:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 02, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
sports radio dumbasses down here keep going on and on about how osu has a chance to win now that tre is injured.

How many times did they say he's had 50+ tackles this season? I swear these radio guys don't even pay attention to games and just read ESPN blog blurbs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 02, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
:facepalm:  I would've liked it had he known klein was originally a qb and that it wasn't Bill's idea to put him there.

he also screwed up a bunch of the old timey snyder stories, said Tuggle was our best defender and played DE, and had a couple grammar/spelling mistakes. I enjoyed it though.

Also wrong about recruits flying into MCI.  We wore our jets out in the recruiting biz until they banned it.

I don't blame Tully for being butthurt about KSU at all.  Just about everyone is right now.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 02, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »

How many times did they say he's had 50+ tackles this season? I swear these radio guys don't even pay attention to games and just read ESPN blog blurbs.

i've heard that 3 times today.

Offline williewest

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 02, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
Christian Fauria of ESPN - "I think the Wildcats should be on upset alert every week, just because of their style of play."  "OSU is close to perfect, as well."

:curse:  :shakesfist:  :curse:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8583885

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 02, 2012, 01:25:21 PM »
style of play? lol my goodness.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 02, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
:facepalm:  I would've liked it had he known klein was originally a qb and that it wasn't Bill's idea to put him there.

he also screwed up a bunch of the old timey snyder stories, said Tuggle was our best defender and played DE, and had a couple grammar/spelling mistakes. I enjoyed it though.

Also wrong about recruits flying into MCI.  We wore our jets out in the recruiting biz until they banned it.

I don't blame Tully for being butthurt about KSU at all.  Just about everyone is right now.

When did we finally start flying into MHK?? I thought we only used KCI until early 2000's maybe??

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 02, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »
style of play? lol my goodness.

seriously... what is our style of play?  Good defense, force turnovers, dominant offense?  Gain more yards per play than almost everyone?  Score more efficiently than everyone?
:adios:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 02, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »

seriously... what is our style of play? 

show up.  punch some dicks in.  leave. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
Christian Fauria of ESPN - "I think the Wildcats should be on upset alert every week, just because of their style of play."  "OSU is close to perfect, as well." :curse:  :shakesfist:  :curse:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8583885

LOL, and what's that exactly, Christian Fauria?

14th nationally in rushing YPP
5th nationally in passing YPP
6th nationally in total YPP
1st nationally in PPP
2nd nationally in fewest TO per play
6th nationally in total points scored! not even a tempo-free stat!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
The only K-State football Christian Fauria has watched this year are ESPN highlights.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
The only K-State football Christian Fauria has watched this year are ESPN highlights.

Yes, clueless media-types still think EMAW U wants to grind it out and have the chance to win a low-scoring ballgame in the fourth quarter. 

It's fun that they think this.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2012, 01:56:16 PM »

ha.
When Tre got hurt, it was his 5th snap of the game...which was late in the 3rd quarter. and how much did he play vs. ISU and WVU and TTech?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 02, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
I like tully

I liked the paragraph below a lot.

That's about half the state. The other half are Kansas State fans, and whether you call it entitlement or security, they don't have it. What they feel is an unwavering certainty that Kansas State is about to get screwed at all times. That its achievements will be overlooked. That its rightful place on the dais will be taken by some underachiever with blue blood.

I think it is one of the things that make our crowds (both football, and bball under Frank) so great.
The reason that passage is valid is because, in his own begrudging way, he did atleast acknowledge that credit was due but not given.  I think we're used to our life sentence in federal pound me in the ass prison when it comes to respect, perception, etc. but it's nice to hear someone finally acknowledge that the cats actually have...ya know...earned something.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 02, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »

Yes, clueless media-types still think EMAW U wants to grind it out and have the chance to win a low-scoring ballgame in the fourth quarter. 

You can definitely tell who has actually seen K-State games this year and who has not when they offer their "analysis."  The giveaway is usually a comment about the "lack of offense" or "if they don't let Klein run and make him throw the ball, I don't think K-State has the tools to win."

The guys on the Solid Verbal podcast are some of the worst about this, and you'd think that by week 10, they could have been bothered to  watch at least one K-State game. But every week they come in and talk about how they think this is the week K-State loses, because all K-State has is Klein. But what do you expect from a podcast hosted by a Penn State/Notre Dame fan from the East Coast and a Oregon fan from the West Coast? I even heard one of them interview an Oregon o-lineman several weeks back on a different podcast and the Oregon guy went on and on about how good he thought K-State was after watching the OU game. On the next podcast, they couldn't even be bothered to preview our game against ranked Iowa State.  This week, they talked about how Iowa State could be salty against OU because it was "in Iowa City." They just have a pretty big blind spot when it comes to Big 12 football.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 02, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »

Yeah, this is apparent on twitter.  They talk about grinding out oldman football stuff.   Same retards that are saying ND's schedule is amazing compared to ours.