Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290098 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »
Has anyone called Alabama the best football team of all time yet?    Because we know how that turns out.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
All these "Oregon will catch up eventually" tards will look good in clown suits when they lose to usc

That game starts an hour before ours against Oklahoma State.  Imagine how rowdy the Bill will get when they announce USC's victory over Oregon :drool:

Oh man.  I cant do 1998 again.

Won't happen.  We have all cell phones these days that show the scores.  Back in '98 we had to have the PA announcer tell us all at once.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
All these "Oregon will catch up eventually" tards will look good in clown suits when they lose to usc

That game starts an hour before ours against Oklahoma State.  Imagine how rowdy the Bill will get when they announce USC's victory over Oregon :drool:

Won't happen.  We have all cell phones these days that show the scores.  Back in '98 we had to have the PA announcer tell us all at once.

In our section at the TWA Dome there was one dude with a pager or cell phone or whatever and he got the word and yelled out "MIAMI 49 UCLA 45" and our whole section went nuts

I get mad just thinking about it
emaw

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »

In our section at the TWA Dome there was one dude with a pager or cell phone or whatever and he got the word and yelled out "MIAMI 49 UCLA 45" and our whole section went nuts

I get mad just thinking about it

Yeah, someone a section over from us heard from somebody in a suite or something, and the news started to spread. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »
I was in the Sirr Parker endzone, opposite corner.  We heard it over the PA.   :curse:

Offline williewest

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
Maybe Luke'd but did anybody see the ridiculous bit on Sportscenter that ESPN did on Snyder's salary?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
Maybe Luke'd but did anybody see the ridiculous bit on Sportscenter that ESPN did on Snyder's salary?

No, but with such a great recap, why would I need to?

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 30, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »

Pfft.  You are in top form today...expecting this to continue through the game tonight.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 30, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

They had a bit called "Cashing In" that was mostly about Victor Cruz requesting a new contract. They opened it up though talking about how Snyder's salary was significantly lower than every coach currently in the Top 10 other than Dabo Swinney. They also mentioned "to add insult to injury" that conference punching bag, Charlie Weis, has a larger salary.

I asked because I couldn't decide if it was relevant to the thread. I mean, at least they're talking about us but it seemed weird.  :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
if bill wanted more money, he would get more money.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »

They had a bit called "Cashing In" that was mostly about Victor Cruz requesting a new contract. They opened it up though talking about how Snyder's salary was significantly lower than every coach currently in the Top 10 other than Dabo Swinney. They also mentioned "to add insult to injury" that conference punching bag, Charlie Weis, has a larger salary.

I asked because I couldn't decide if it was relevant to the thread. I mean, at least they're talking about us but it seemed weird.  :dunno:

thanks

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
From Bleacher Report:

With just five weeks left in the college football regular season, it’s starting to look more and more likely that there could ultimately be complete chaos surrounding the BCS national championship game.

The four top-ranked teams in the country—Alabama, Kansas State, Notre Dame and Oregon—all remain undefeated, and all have a solid shot of finishing the season without a blemish on their records.

Unfortunately, the newly introduced four-team playoff won’t take effect until 2014, so we could be looking at a situation where at least one, and possibly two deserving teams could be left out of college football’s marquee game.

There’s certainly no guarantee that all four teams will finish the season undefeated. Remember, last year at this point in the season, there was the exact same situation, as LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma State and Stanford were all undefeated after nine weeks. In the end, only one team (LSU) finished the regular season without a loss. However, this is college football, and fans and analysts love to speculate about every possible BCS scenario that could play out.

If the BCS chaos theory actually comes to fruition and all four teams do finish the season undefeated, the one team that would most likely get “screwed” is Kansas State.

Besides Alabama, the Wildcats have arguably been the most impressive team in the country so far this season. Even though the team put together an incredible breakout 10-win campaign in 2011, LHC Bill Snyder’s squad started the 2012 season ranked outside of the top 20 in both preseason polls. But once again, Kansas State has outperformed their modest preseason expectations, and this year, the Wildcats have proven to the college football world that they are indeed a legitimate national title contender.

Their resume includes victories over three ranked opponents: Oklahoma, West Virginia and most recently Texas Tech, and two of those wins came on the road in hostile environments.

Over the last few weeks, QB Collin Klein has ascended to the top of everyone’s Heisman favorite lists, as the dual-threat quarterback continues to dazzle onlookers with his brilliant play. Klein has completed nearly 71 percent of his passes for 1,630 yards and thrown 12 touchdowns compared to just two interceptions. He’s also added 634 yards and 16 rushing scores with his legs.

Klein’s 175 passer rating, which currently ranks second in the nation behind Alabama’s AJ McCarron, has shut all of his critics up who labeled him simply a running quarterback.

The beauty of this Kansas State team, however, is that there are so many more valuable pieces than just Klein, who has soaked up pretty much all of the national attention.

RB John Hubert, Klein’s backfield partner, is one of the most underrated rushers in college football this season. Hubert, who bears a strong resemblance to former Wildcats star Darren Sproles, has already racked up 727 yards on the ground and scored 10 touchdowns. The 5’7’’, 191-pound junior may not be the most physically intimidating back in the country, but just ask any defender who’s faced him this year, and they’ll all tell you that he packs a ton of power and explosiveness into his small but strong body.

The backfield tandem of Klein and Hubert aren’t the only dangerous weapons that Kansas State has, however. The team’s receiving trio of Tyler Lockett, Chris Harper and Tramaine Thompson are all athletic playmakers who can stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

On the other side of the ball, middle linebacker Arthur Brown is the heart and soul of a defense that currently ranks 13th in the nation in scoring defense, allowing just 17 points per game. Brown, who has racked up 60 tackles, including 35 solo stops and six tackles for loss, has been playing at an All-American level this season. He’ll likely earn serious consideration for some of college football’s most prestigious defensive awards at the end of the season.

Brown’s joined by plenty of difference-makers on the Wildcats defense, such as cornerback Nigel Malone, safety Ty Zimmerman and DE Meshak Williams, who will all be vying for All-Big 12 honors this year.

On paper, there may not be a team that’s better equipped to knock off the defending national champion Tide than Kansas State. The problem is that the Wildcats are simply a tough sell to most of America. It may not be right, but it’s the truth.

LHC Bill Snyder’s team doesn’t play a flashy brand of football, and the team isn’t loaded with a ton of well-known future high NFL draft picks. Instead, the Wildcats are viewed as a tough, gritty, wear-’em-down type of team that wins by simply being more sound and more efficient than their opponent.

That’s why the majority of college football fans would likely rather see an undefeated Notre Dame team or an undefeated Oregon team square off with Alabama in the BCS championship game.

For all of the criticism Notre Dame has received over the last decade, the fact is that the Irish are still one of the strongest and most prestigious brand names in college football. There’s a reason NBC shells out big bucks to broadcast their games, and there’s a reason that they receive a ton of publicity and coverage each and every season.

Oregon, on the other hand, has become one of the most popular teams in the country since Chip Kelly took over in Eugene back in 2009. Kelly has guided the Ducks to three straight Pac-12 championships and three straight BCS bowl games, including an appearance in the national championship game in just his second year.

Kelly has turned the Oregon offense into an exciting, high-octane attack, which has helped turn the Ducks’ talented trio of QB Marcus Mariota and running backs Kenjon Barner and De’Anthony Thomas into household names.

By the end of the season, if all four top-ranked teams are indeed undefeated, you could certainly make the case that Kansas State will have the most impressive resume of the three challengers. From top to bottom, the Big 12 was the strongest conference in college football last season, and it’s arguably even tougher this year with the addition of TCU and West Virginia.

The problem is that the Wildcats simply don’t have the glitz and glamour attached to their name that Notre Dame and Oregon have right now. Even if it’s not fair, voters and fans would most likely favor Notre Dame or Oregon, even if their overall resumes aren’t as strong.
This season, Kansas State is undoubtedly putting together the kind of campaign that’s worthy of a BCS national championship game berth. But in order to actually get it, the Wildcats are going to need their more popular undefeated counterparts, Notre Dame and Oregon, to lose at least one game between now and Dec. 1.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »
college football is such bull crap sometimes

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
 :flush:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »
stop posting crap from bleacher report it's the geocities of the sports cyber space pages

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
FYI, I'd rather have computers deciding fate than voters. I was ticked when they placed more emphasis on the human polls.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
FYI, I'd rather have computers deciding fate than voters. I was ticked when they placed more emphasis on the human polls.

same

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »
Just post bleacherreport crap that will make us feel amazing, k thx.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
JFC I'm so tired of every idiot with a blog equating the BCS to a popularity contest. Coaches are not going to vote ND ahead of KState at the end of the season simply because ND has more fans and they aren't going all vote Oregon number two in some kind of weird conspiracy to put them in because they are "sexier". It's going to come down to SOS in the computers and which teams performs better in their final games. That's all. Period. No amount of fans or publicity is going to change that. Effing respects.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
Stories for us, against us, whatever.  The BCS was made for this.  The system has already told Oregon and Notre Dame no, Kansas State is better than you.  The only thing the team will do is continue to do what they've already started.  The only thing that matters to me and I'm sure the rest of you is #fattytakethewheel.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
JFC I'm so tired of every idiot with a blog equating the BCS to a popularity contest. Coaches are not going to vote ND ahead of KState at the end of the season simply because ND has more fans and they aren't going all vote Oregon number two in some kind of weird conspiracy to put them in because they are "sexier". It's going to come down to SOS in the computers and which teams performs better in their final games. That's all. Period. No amount of fans or publicity is going to change that. Effing respects.

Oklahoma State had a much stronger schedule than Alabama last year and they blew out a ranked Oklahoma team in the final week of the season while Bama was sitting at home, why weren't they in the title game?  crap like that is why some people might not trust the polls when it comes down to us vs a more prestigious/popular team.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »

Oklahoma State had a much stronger schedule than Alabama last year and they blew out a ranked Oklahoma team in the final week of the season while Bama was sitting at home, why weren't they in the title game?  crap like that is why some people might not trust the polls when it comes down to us vs a more prestigious/popular team.

Because they lost to ISU while Alabama lost a close game to the only undefeated team in the country. This was not a surprise. And I doubt that if Alabama's schedule was rated lower in the computers it was by much.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.