Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290042 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
We are a TV ratings nightmare.   :sdeek:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
This is exactly what we want.  4th in the BCS and no love from the talking heads.  Couldn't have planned it any better

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
We are the Ron Paul of the BCS right now
Great way of putting it.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
6. LSU 6-1
Remaining Schedule: at Texas A&M, Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, at Arkansas

The Tigers will be on the doorstep if they win out with victories over Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Alabama and an SEC championship to point to. Oregon or Notre Dame would have to lose, and it would be a flip of the coin over whether or not a one-loss Tiger team would get in over an unbeaten Kansas State. Because there’s no Big 12 title game, 12-1 might trump 12-0. If it comes down to several teams with one blemish, LSU would go to the top of the charts.
:shakesfist:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
The media views us like Boise State, only worse.   :dance:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2012, 07:57:24 AM »
SOMEBODY WITH INSIDER POST THIS!

KSU's odds to play in title game
Wildcats certainly have a strong possibility of playing in the national championship game.
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors/_/date/20121015#13306

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »
Tulsa radio this morning:

"Oklahoma is clearly the best team in the Big12.  OU has already knocked off Tech and Texas, KSU hasn't played them or any of the WVU's, OSU's, TCU's, or Baylor's.  They haven't really beaten anyone in the Big12 this year that would make anyone think they are the best team in the Big12."

I almost wrecked my car I was laughing so hard.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:45 AM »

"Oklahoma is clearly the best team in the Big12.  OU has already knocked off Tech and Texas, KSU hasn't played them or any of the WVU's, OSU's, TCU's, or Baylor's.  They haven't really beaten anyone in the Big12 this year that would make anyone think they are the best team in the Big12."

Had to be OU homer, Chris Plank. No doubt.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

The amount of stupid in your post (not from you, from the radio) is hurting my head

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »
Espn insider article

Kansas State's goals are simple. The Wildcats need to remain undefeated, and they should play in this year's national championship.
"There is no situation in which a one-loss team would finish ahead of them," BCS expert Jerry Palm told Lenn Robbins of the New York Post. "An unbeaten team from the nation's second-best conference would be treated as such."
It isn't exactly an easy road to manage for Kansas State. The Wildcats travel to Morgantown to face a wounded West Virginia squad Saturday. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas all remain on the schedule -- although three of those games are at home.
While LHC Bill Snyder and his team are contemplating their future, there will be some scoreboard watching in Manhattan.
Florida is the primary team to leapfrog after the Gators debuted No. 2 in the BCS standings. Florida still has to navigate a rugged SEC schedule. South Carolina and Georgia are the Gators' next two opponents. Florida State closes the season. And the SEC title game -- potentially against Alabama -- will make it difficult for the Gators to remain undefeated.
Oregon is next in line. The Ducks' still have three ranked teams on the schedule. USC, Stanford and Oregon State are all in the way of their perfect season. Plus Oregon may have to play USC twice or an improved Arizona State squad in the Pac-12 championship game.
And all of this is working under the assumption No. 1 Alabama makes it way through the rest of the season unscathed.
Kansas State has a legitimate shot at playing in the national championship game, if it takes care of business.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
somebody call the whambulance, you guys

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
I just almost passed out at the gym thinking about me "party rocking" with LMFAO and company in Miami.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
I just almost passed out at the gym thinking about me "party rocking" with LMFAO and company in Miami.

they broke up, but you're fanning so you wouldn't know that.   :lol: noob

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »

it's dangerous to give fanning the benefit of the doubt, but, maybe he was assuming they would get back together for that party since baby gronk will no doubt invite full size gronks to gronk out in miami  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »

it's dangerous to give fanning the benefit of the doubt, but, maybe he was assuming they would get back together for that party since baby gronk will no doubt invite full size gronks to gronk out in miami  :dunno:
Mocat on top of it as always.  :gocho:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/wildcats_strike_wcAJLbcA9NwuN8oodn1hSP

"The West Virginia fans will be well lubricated for Saturday’s showdown. You just wonder if they know who the heck Kansas State is."

OH. NO. HE. JUST. DIDN'T.  :curse:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/wildcats_strike_wcAJLbcA9NwuN8oodn1hSP

"The West Virginia fans will be well lubricated for Saturday’s showdown. You just wonder if they know who the heck Kansas State is."

oh no he just didn't insult wv fans' collective intelligence? oh yes he did. don't know why you'd get upset about it though richard

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2012, 01:46:13 PM »
Espn insider article

Kansas State's goals are simple. The Wildcats need to remain undefeated, and they should play in this year's national championship.
"There is no situation in which a one-loss team would finish ahead of them," BCS expert Jerry Palm told Lenn Robbins of the New York Post. "An unbeaten team from the nation's second-best conference would be treated as such."
It isn't exactly an easy road to manage for Kansas State. The Wildcats travel to Morgantown to face a wounded West Virginia squad Saturday. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas all remain on the schedule -- although three of those games are at home.
While LHC Bill Snyder and his team are contemplating their future, there will be some scoreboard watching in Manhattan.
Florida is the primary team to leapfrog after the Gators debuted No. 2 in the BCS standings. Florida still has to navigate a rugged SEC schedule. South Carolina and Georgia are the Gators' next two opponents. Florida State closes the season. And the SEC title game -- potentially against Alabama -- will make it difficult for the Gators to remain undefeated.
Oregon is next in line. The Ducks' still have three ranked teams on the schedule. USC, Stanford and Oregon State are all in the way of their perfect season. Plus Oregon may have to play USC twice or an improved Arizona State squad in the Pac-12 championship game.
And all of this is working under the assumption No. 1 Alabama makes it way through the rest of the season unscathed.
Kansas State has a legitimate shot at playing in the national championship game, if it takes care of business.

Stopped reading at that point.
:dance:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »

oh no he just didn't insult wv fans' collective in intelligence? oh yes he did. don't know why you'd get upset about it though richard

Calling the entire WVU fanbase complete morons seems pretty rude. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »

oh no he just didn't insult wv fans' collective intelligence? oh yes he did. don't know why you'd get upset about it though richard

as dumb and as ugly and as inbred as they are, they're in our conference now. only we get to make fun of them. not some guy from new york.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »

oh no he just didn't insult wv fans' collective in intelligence? oh yes he did. don't know why you'd get upset about it though richard

Calling the entire WVU fanbase complete morons seems pretty rude.

Bill's team won't stand for it!  Another thing to get angried up about: people disrespecting our opponents' fanbases!

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
Dennis Dodd is jealous that missouri is a dumpster fire and that we are a cinderella story.  It's becoming sick.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/20568205/in-playoff-selections-test-drive-some-voters-have-some-explaining-to-do

Talking about how if there were a playoff this year, ND should be ahead of us.

And his Heisman top 5 that he tweeted yesterday:

Dennis Dodd ?@dennisdoddcbs
My Heisman top 5: 1, Braxton Miller; 2, Johnny Football (Manziel); 3, Seth Doege; 4, Geno Smith; 5, Manti Teo.

I mean JFC, Dennis. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
Dennis Dodd is jealous that missouri is a dumpster fire and that we are a cinderella story.  It's becoming sick.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/20568205/in-playoff-selections-test-drive-some-voters-have-some-explaining-to-do

Talking about how if there were a playoff this year, ND should be ahead of us.

And his Heisman top 5 that he tweeted yesterday:

Dennis Dodd ?@dennisdoddcbs
My Heisman top 5: 1, Braxton Miller; 2, Johnny Football (Manziel); 3, Seth Doege; 4, Geno Smith; 5, Manti Teo.

I mean JFC, Dennis.

Well that's not how he voted in their mock playoff vote

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:02:21 PM by emawblast »

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
We run the table and the media will eat it up, so many great story lines, AARP coach returns after failing to make the MNC his first run, David vs Goliath, Pinochio, yada yada yada.....