Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 283466 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1975 on: September 12, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »
Didn't know we were obligated  to play one game on espn+.  I guess this gets that out of the way for most of the teams contracted with +.  I'm not feeling like they will play fair with the conference, other than Texas and OU for the rest of the season.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 12, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »
Next week is on espn+ I believe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 12, 2021, 11:08:02 PM »
Didn't know we were obligated  to play one game on espn+.  I guess this gets that out of the way for most of the teams contracted with +.  I'm not feeling like they will play fair with the conference, other than Texas and OU for the rest of the season.

Now that I think about it, it might be more than one game now, we played 2 of them in 2019 when they started playing conference games on there. If it makes you feel better, SEC games are on there now too.

I do agree with you that it's in ESPN's interest to devalue the conference and we have no reason to think they won't do everything they can to do so.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 12, 2021, 11:10:04 PM »

Yep, it is. TV for the first week of conference play should be announced tomorrow, I'll be curious to see what that looks like.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 13, 2021, 12:37:29 AM »
ESPN is putting it to the Big XII today.  Five teams are on ESPN+.  They are going to make sure our viewing numbers are low today, and we may see this during the rest of the season.  They are going eff up our network numbers so our contract may be lowballed. 

How does putting a game on espn+ lower the viewing numbers as far as tv ratings go? It’s not on tv; there’s no numbers, right? Surely the bidders would know to look at average viewers per game on tv and not be fooled into thinking 0 people cared to watch the KSU game in some manner including dark web.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: September 13, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »
USC coach under pressure because of loss to Stanford 'cuz Stanford lost to K-State:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/columnist-calls-for-major-college-football-coach-s-firing/ar-AAOmzCs?ocid=msedgntp

USC, which was ranked 14th in the AP poll going into the game, lost at home by two touchdowns to Stanford. The Trojans were favored by more than two touchdowns over the Cardinal, who were coming off a blowout loss to Kansas State in Week 1.

Los Angeles Times columnist Brady McCollough wrote on Sunday that the USC administration has to act boldly and move on from Helton.

“USC should be better than losing 42-28 to a Stanford team that just got waxed by Kansas State,”

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 13, 2021, 10:21:31 AM »
USC coach under pressure because of loss to Stanford 'cuz Stanford lost to K-State:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/columnist-calls-for-major-college-football-coach-s-firing/ar-AAOmzCs?ocid=msedgntp

USC, which was ranked 14th in the AP poll going into the game, lost at home by two touchdowns to Stanford. The Trojans were favored by more than two touchdowns over the Cardinal, who were coming off a blowout loss to Kansas State in Week 1.

Los Angeles Times columnist Brady McCollough wrote on Sunday that the USC administration has to act boldly and move on from Helton.

“USC should be better than losing 42-28 to a Stanford team that just got waxed by Kansas State,”
Old Squawk Brady McCollough....

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 13, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »

Yep, it is. TV for the first week of conference play should be announced tomorrow, I'll be curious to see what that looks like.

OSU 6pm ESPN+ :lol:

Jesus Christ. Three straight games on ESPN+ is mumped up.

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 13, 2021, 11:39:24 AM »
Guess I'll be stealing these streams as well.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 13, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »
It was the OSU game back in 2019 that made me sign up for ESPN+.  Time is a flat circle.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 13, 2021, 11:55:05 AM »

Thought that name looked familiar. That being said, I don't think that's really that bad a take. Top 15 team losing by 2 TDs to an unranked team that just lost by 3+ TDs to another unranked team is not a good look, even if the transitive property never truly hold up
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 13, 2021, 12:15:16 PM »

Thought that name looked familiar. That being said, I don't think that's really that bad a take. Top 15 team losing by 2 TDs to an unranked team that just lost by 3+ TDs to another unranked team is not a good look, even if the transitive property never truly hold up

The take away is that USC is highly overrated. Happy to see him determining how good USC should be instead of how they are. Stanford and K-State gotta be shitty because he misevaluated USC?

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 13, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »

The insinuation is that a decent team wouldn't get waxed by Kansas State.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 13, 2021, 01:53:47 PM »
In looking at the TV schedules for just OSU and K-State, KSU will have had 2 home games on "Big 12 Now/ESPN+" and we will be OSU's 2nd home game on that network as well.  :frown:

Remember when.... https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26487056/big-12-expands-content-agreement-espn

In addition, eight of the 10 schools in the league will ship hundreds of games across multiple sports to ESPN+ beginning this year, including one regular-season football game, as well as men's and women's basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball games.

Texas will keep its rights on the ESPN-owned Longhorn Network. Oklahoma's rights will remain with Fox Sports, as part of a previous deal. Both schools, however, will be featured on ESPN+ as road teams.

"Our institutions are thrilled with the exposure all 10 athletics programs will receive through this Big 12-branded offering," Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a statement. "Our goal was to be forward thinking in the use of technology to create a conference-branded platform and believe this partnership ideally positions the Big 12 now and into the foreseeable future."

The ESPN+ agreement will start for Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State beginning this year. Iowa State, TCU, Texas Tech and West Virginia will join in 2020.

The deal runs through 2024-25, when the rest of the league's TV rights contracts will expire.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 13, 2021, 04:29:14 PM »

Apparently it was a persuasive argument because USC just whacked Helton.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 13, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »

I mean what I said is true, even if it's a bit of a dig at us, I don't care about the subtle dig, it wasn't like the rant and ravings of that miami guy 9 years ago when we just obliterated them, we were at least slated to be a really good team. This year I don't blame people for thinking we're middle of the pack, we kinda are (defense upper level though).

It's def hasty on USC's end but I mean, but I mean if a #14 A&M let's say just got throttled by Tennessee after they were being throttled by like Colorado or something you'd be asking some questions too. USC is too quick with the trigger but I mean we did render Stanford impotent by us. Seems like you got some soul searching a program if that happens.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 13, 2021, 05:37:28 PM »

I mean what I said is true, even if it's a bit of a dig at us, I don't care about the subtle dig, it wasn't like the rant and ravings of that miami guy 9 years ago when we just obliterated them, we were at least slated to be a really good team. This year I don't blame people for thinking we're middle of the pack, we kinda are (defense upper level though).

It's def hasty on USC's end but I mean, but I mean if a #14 A&M let's say just got throttled by Tennessee after they were being throttled by like Colorado or something you'd be asking some questions too. USC is too quick with the trigger but I mean we did render Stanford impotent by us. Seems like you got some soul searching a program if that happens.

That’s a lot of words to defend a squawk — and seem pretty squawk-like by proxy.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 13, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »
It’s kind of a convoluted point, but safe to say that if not being the 14th best team in football this year is a fireable offense at USC, then yeah he should go.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 13, 2021, 06:28:57 PM »

Rumors that USC is looking at Kliehammer, the PAC 12 killer..??. :ohno: :ohno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 13, 2021, 06:31:18 PM »

The son of hall of fame head coach is right there on staff under their nose
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: September 13, 2021, 06:45:47 PM »

The old man had this planned the whole time...?? :runaway: :runaway:.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 13, 2021, 07:55:49 PM »

That’s a lot of words to defend a squawk — and seem pretty squawk-like by proxy.

Meh, media people are w/e, I don't care, I know it makes me hypocritical to get uppity about people getting uppity about media crap but it's like the 2nd or 3rd dumbest thing to care about. At the end of the day he divined right what ultimately USC should do, not that I bet USC cared about it at all, nor anyone in la except like 10 rich people do.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 13, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »

Meh, media people are w/e, I don't care, I know it makes me hypocritical to get uppity about people getting uppity about media crap but it's like the 2nd or 3rd dumbest thing to care about. At the end of the day he divined right what ultimately USC should do, not that I bet USC cared about it at all, nor anyone in la except like 10 rich people do.

USC firing Helton didn't have anything to do with K-State or Stanford. If Stanford beat Clemson week one then beat the hell out of USC Helton would have gotten fired today. If USC beat Wisconsin last week ave get their assess kicked by Utah this week Helton would have gotten fired.

They fired dude week 2 because they needed confirmation of what they already had an idea about and that is Helton isn't the guy to get them where they feel like they need to be.

It doesn't matter who Stanford played week one and it's stupid to bring it up, the point is they are clearly better than USC. The Trojans are just an average football team.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »

The old man had this planned the whole time...?? :runaway: :runaway:.

LHC Bill Snyder’s first coaching job was at USC as a graduate assistant in 1966.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 13, 2021, 09:27:19 PM »

I’m just shitpostin’ brah
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.