Author Topic: Dalonte = Gone?  (Read 8341 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dalonte = Gone?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
ART!  QC!  RBR!

we know that, at one time, the staff extended offers to a couple of 2011 pgs.  there's been no evidence of any recruitment of either, or of anyone else not outside of ks, since the summer.

i guess there is evidence that someone called mclemore's coach.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
ART!  QC!  RBR!
we know that, at one time, the staff extended offers to a couple of 2011 pgs.  there's been no evidence of any recruitment of either, or of anyone else not outside of ks, since the summer.

ART is out of state.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
ART is out of state.

no evidence of contact since the summer.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
ART is out of state.

no evidence of contact since the summer.

really?  I just figured we'd done SOMETHING.  So strange.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »

i mean, they probably have, but there's no evidence.

it sounds stupid i know, but i wonder if they're like actively telling recruits not to mention them?  if just isn't possible that they aren't contacting anyone is it?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »
it sounds stupid i know, but i wonder if they're like actively telling recruits not to mention them?  if just isn't possible that they aren't contacting anyone is it?

Maybe the Mitchell situation got them jumpy?  Maybe they don't want KU to request transcripts?  Makes no sense.

I would guess they're doing some contact to someone, only because of the "they're away from their families 3 nights a week spreading the word" comment made at the contract presser.

catzacker

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

Isn't the simplest, most logical explanation that they aren't on anyone of note?  I hate to say it, but, I mean, you'd think a google search would yield at least one hit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »

Isn't the simplest, most logical explanation that they aren't on anyone of note?  I hate to say it, but, I mean, you'd think a google search would yield at least one hit.

Chris Hill!  Forgot about him.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »

They claim to be going on recruiting trips.   :dunno:  

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
Met Frank and Underwood at a Dodge City - Seward County game earlier this season.  I'm not sure if they were there for the game or for the Heights - Gardner Edgerton game the night before though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
We should pool all of our money and buy Frank and the gang a GPC premium account :dunno:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
I think they are not recruiting to put pressure on wally judge and Nick Russell to get better as if to say "Hey, no one's coming to bail your ass out when you play like crap!"

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
I can't believe you guys are worried about all this junk.  Three words boys:  Lot's of MYSCOMMITS.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Isn't the simplest, most logical explanation that they aren't on anyone of note?  I hate to say it, but, I mean, you'd think a google search would yield at least one hit.

i honestly don't think it is.  if they were active, but just not getting the reception they desired from a list recruits, you'd think you'd see a lot of mentions from b and c list recruits.  and stuff like being on the long lists of 11s and 12s and then cut when they gave the short lists.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 03:17:31 PM »
Chris Hill!  Forgot about him.

same type of player as southwell, not going to qualify.  no date given on kstate's recruitment of him, but the player isn't currently talking about kstate.

i'm going to assume he hasn't heard from kstate since november unless more info comes out.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
have they just been lazy during the season and will focus on it after the season is over?? :drawingatstrawshere:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
The most logical theory is that they are overconfident on a handful of players, one or two of which we aren't hearing about.  Unfortunately, this is a pattern, and it's hard to ignore the possibility that they are doing it again.  (ie we have Nino, ART and Mysbig already for '11)  IMO. we'll either get 2 more commits in April, or we hear a ton of new names this summer and hope we're not too late.

catzacker

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

i honestly don't think it is.  if they were active, but just not getting the reception they desired from a list recruits, you'd think you'd see a lot of mentions from b and c list recruits.  and stuff like being on the long lists of 11s and 12s and then cut when they gave the short lists.

when would '11's start scheduling visits?  is that late spring/early summer stuff?  I suppose if it's the end of June and there's still nothing, we can start freaking out.  but I like yosh's overconfident theory, it's consistent with Frank's history (Little, LatWill, Mitchell).  The fact that we were never in the running for Cook is a goddamn joke. 

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

when would '11's start scheduling visits?  is that late spring/early summer stuff?  I suppose if it's the end of June and there's still nothing, we can start freaking out.  but I like yosh's overconfident theory, it's consistent with Frank's history (Little, LatWill, Mitchell).  The fact that we were never in the running for Cook is a goddamn joke. 

April is a huge month.  If we get to May without any change I'll be pretty puzzled.

BTW, I wouldn't be suprised to have Cook turn out like a Boynton or Cousins situation where we seem like we're on the fringe forever, then, as he's committing to somebody else, we find out we were closer than we thought.

Offline 1albatross

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
I am sure that we are out recruiting all over the place and especially on the East coast.  I just think that the lack of news is b/c the writers for the K-State recruiting sites are brutal when it comes to basketball.

Sys, I also think you tend to over-obsess about recruiting.  Don't get me wrong, I like to think about the possibilities too, but with the tournament starting tomorrow, now is not the time to worry about it.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
I like to think about the possibilities too, but with the tournament starting tomorrow, now is not the time to worry about it.

I think now is exactly the time to worry about it. 

#2 seed should be getting pressed in any and all convos with recruits and recruit's fam. 

Offline 1albatross

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
I like to think about the possibilities too, but with the tournament starting tomorrow, now is not the time to worry about it.

I think now is exactly the time to worry about it. 

#2 seed should be getting pressed in any and all convos with recruits and recruit's fam. 

I am referring to we as fans should not be concerned about it.  If I am on the coaching staff, I am playing up everything from the 2 seed to Vitale picking us for the final four when I am talking with recruits.  That being said, I don't want to become the answer to a trivia question tomorrow.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
Sys, I also think you tend to over-obsess about recruiting.  Don't get me wrong, I like to think about the possibilities too, but with the Fiesta Bowl starting tomorrow, now is not the time to worry about it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »
relax guys, there's plenty of non kstate bball stuff i can let slide before i won't have time for games, etc.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »
goodmanonfox

I have been told Dalonte Hill not in mix. RT @dennisroy33: @goodmanonfox who would be the ideal fit at Charlotte? Dalonte Hill?