Author Topic: Everyday Adrenaline Rush  (Read 1372 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Everyday Adrenaline Rush
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
When I'm a little late for work and I'm coming up on a light that I need to make in order to get to work on time and the light has been green for a while and I just keep getting closer and closer hoping it doesn't change and then I end up making it just in time.  Really gets my heart pumping.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday Adrenaline Rush
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
When I'm making Pop-Tarts in the morning sometimes after they have been in the toaster for a while I hold my hand right over the toaster and I hope they don't pop right up into my hand.  I hold my hand over the toaster until right before I think it will pop and then I move it...but sometimes I don't move it in time.  Gets the blood flowing in the morning.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
Ok, the setting is my office at 6:55AM. We have one of those big coffee maker things that uses the pre-filled filters (Folgers). I'm almost always the first person in the office so I usually make the coffee.  pud job. BUT, if you are first you have to dump the coffee from the thing left from the night before. A lesser man would probably dump the old coffee, set the coffee tower thing back, and then start the new coffee. Not me. I start the new coffee going BEFORE I take the coffee tower thing to the sink and dump it. "SD! What if the coffee comes out before you get it back over there and it gets all over the break room!?" Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take to get my coffee 8 seconds earlier every morning my friend.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:33:43 PM »
Whoa.  Sounds like you're addicted to adrenaline just like me.  I can't get enough of the stuff.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
when i'm at my friend's watching the ksu cats game, he always flips to other games when our game goes to commercial. he always forgets to turn it back, so when it's been about a minute and a half i start to get very worked up and hope he remembers to flip it back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »
When my cell phone rings sometimes I'll keep doing whatever I'm doing for the first two rings and then sprint across the room to try to answer it before it goes to VM. Real rush when you hit answer at almost the exact moment it was going to send them to VM.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:18 PM »
when i am leaving my house and back the car out of the garage, i close the garage when my car is still about 3/4 inside.

:sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
when i am leaving my house and back the car out of the garage, i close the garage when my car is still about 3/4 inside.

doesn't you garage have one of those sensors that won't let it close? disable it for the rush?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
i leave my blinds open while changing my clothes.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »
I really like to push the amount of gas left in my truck before it's empty.  I've gone 60 miles after the light came on.  What a rough ridin' rush.  The best part is when your driving behavior is different and your wife asks why you're driving like that and you say "I'm pretty damn sure we're going to run out of gas."  Then it's like a double adrenaline rush because she's all freaked out too.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »

doesn't you garage have one of those sensors that won't let it close? disable it for the rush?

broke two years ago. :horrorsurprise:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Sometimes i'll break something on goEMAW but fix it before anyone notices.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
I wake up 15 minutes before the shuttle leaving my apartment complex leaves every morning.  If I take a super quick shower I can get to the shuttle just in time. Otherwise, it's another 15 minute wait. Right now, I'm only batting like .400.

That extra 2 minutes of sleep is probably not worth it, but what can I say?  I love living life on the edge.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
I wake up 15 minutes before the shuttle leaving my apartment complex leaves every morning.  If I take a super quick shower I can get to the shuttle just in time. Otherwise, it's another 15 minute wait. Right now, I'm only batting like .400.

That extra 2 minutes of sleep is probably not worth it, but what can I say?  I love living life on the edge.

man dlew, suggest you tighten up that schedule before winter!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

man dlew, suggest you tighten up that schedule before winter!
I can see the shuttle stop from my window.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
Last night I was super pak'd in my shithole basement apartment I'm renting for the semester. Got the spins when I laid down, knew I had to throw up before I went to sleep. No big deal, get up, go to open the bedroom door, the doorknob doesn't work. Just spins around and around.  Tried calling my roommate to let me out, but he is passed out. Climbed out the window in just my boxer briefs, thinking I'd just go around, open the door and get to the bathroom, but my drunkass forgot that I'd locked the apartment and didn't bring my keys. So I climbed back in the window, hit my head pretty hard doing it and decided I wasn't climbing back out. So I broke through the door, and finally made it to the bathroom.

Not sure if it fits here, but I needed to tell the story, and it was a hell of an adrenaline rush.

True story
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »
titleist?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:34 PM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
sometimes when i'm taking a piss i will flush before i'm done, attempting to time it perfectly so that me finishing pissing coincides perfectly with the toilet/urinal completing the flush.

the adrenaline rush of not knowing whether i timed it right is intense.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »
Sometimes when I'm grilling and the meat is done and I take the glass plate outside to get the meat off the grill I toss the plate way up in the air and then catch it.  This is on a concrete patio.  Sometimes I throw it really high but I always catch it, but can you imagine what would happened if I didn't?  That's what gets my adrenaline pumping so much.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Everyday Adrenaline Rush
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »
:adios: