Author Topic: More nervous about our season?  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
More nervous about our season?
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »
Or unaffected by tonight?

Me? I'm unaffected. You can't squeeze some dorkstore Denton Mean Green school in between The U and OU and expect us to get amped. I told anyone who would listen (very few) that we would not win by a lot because no one would care. The only thing that made me nervous was wondering if Arthur will be 100% for next week. I assume so, but I'm just so nervous about it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: More nervous about our season?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:32:19 PM »
100 percent agree.

good post jake.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »
I agree, you know bill prepared for nt on Monday and Friday and spent Tuesday wed Thur on OK

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 11:38:15 PM »
This happened with the 90s teams too but they were so far above these opponents that it didn't show. That talent gap is not as large with this team, but that does not mean they can't be great.
emaw

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
And BJ Finney. That was not fun.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
And BJ Finney. That was not fun.

This is terrifying. BJ Finney is one of the most important players on the team. We are dicked if he is out.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
More nervous about our season?
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »
Finney came back out of the locker room after getting hurt. Walking with a limp but if it was bad he would not have come back out.
RIP Fatty

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »
I am slightly more nervous. I didn't expect to come out so flat.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
On the one hand, this was a classic LHC Bill Snyder game where we go somewhat conservative with our play calling so as not to give opponents a ton of film to work with, and we kind of hamstring our ability to fire on all cylinders in the process. We played a soft zone all night and told our defense to essentially clean up any messes that occur, and there's going to be some inevitable room for error there. But on the other hand the defense looked positively 2010-esque tonight in a number of ways. Lots of players out of position and missing tackles that should've been relatively easy to execute. Plus, the pass rush is going to be a problem even if the coverage can tighten up next week. It was great that we got a sack on them, but their line was blowing ours off the ball entirely too much.

Offense, not worried aside from Klein's ability to throw downfield. Special teams, not worried. Defense, definitely worried.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
I am more nervous. IMO we go 7-5 this season.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
  Just hope Brown and Finney are ok.Finney seemed alright at the end just chillin with Klein on the sideline while Sams did mop up.Klein was all like Sams has got this...How you doing B.J.? Kinda glad we did seem to kinda came in all big headed and what not.Seemed to me that our bad tackling was in large part due to over pursuit and not locking down good  :dunno: I think you'll see a much more prepared team next week   :ksu: 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »
I'm a little bit worried that Arthur should have just stayed out of the game after turning his ankle. Something tells me he will be on crutches tomorrow.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 12:26:09 AM »
On the one hand, this was a classic LHC Bill Snyder game where we go somewhat conservative with our play calling so as not to give opponents a ton of film to work with, and we kind of hamstring our ability to fire on all cylinders in the process. We played a soft zone all night and told our defense to essentially clean up any messes that occur, and there's going to be some inevitable room for error there. But on the other hand the defense looked positively 2010-esque tonight in a number of ways. Lots of players out of position and missing tackles that should've been relatively easy to execute. Plus, the pass rush is going to be a problem even if the coverage can tighten up next week. It was great that we got a sack on them, but their line was blowing ours off the ball entirely too much.

Offense, not worried aside from Klein's ability to throw downfield. Special teams, not worried. Defense, definitely worried.

UNT has a huge O line & hadn't given up a sack all season including to LSU. We got the QB 3 times, pass rush is fine.  This game was meh.  I did love Snyder after the game sounding like Frank after a November game bitching about poor practices all week, & practicing like you play.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 12:29:59 AM »
  he don't need no stinking crutches....didn't you see the x-ray machine on the sideline checking him out?? no way HCBS puts him in if he's effed up

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »
I'm a little bit worried that Arthur should have just stayed out of the game after turning his ankle. Something tells me he will be on crutches tomorrow.

I'm worried about this too. Tape and adrenaline can mask just about anything.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »
  he don't need no stinking crutches....didn't you see the x-ray machine on the sideline checking him out?? no way HCBS puts him in if he's effed up

Ankle sprains are MUCH worse the next day than they are right when they happen. I would have preferred Arthur sticking his foot in an ice bucket on the sideline for the remainder of the game to risking aggravating his injury against the Mean Green.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 12:38:41 AM »
That was a good team we faced tonight.  They would take Miami to the woodshed.  I can only imagine that rant.

Agree about the injuries.  Losing Finney would be a huge blow, but Arthur can not be replaced. Really didn't need that crap right before OU.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 12:47:38 AM »
   Would have preferred they erred on the side of caution with Brown.Just taking it as a good sign they put him back in and I agree he's gonna feel it tomorrow.Also LOL at how much better North Texas is than Miami   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:15 AM »
not worried at all. 3 and 0, bitches.  with billtober still to come.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »
Might be crazy but I feel really good going into OU week. The defense looked a lot faster than NT, which is major improvement from 2010. They just didnt look like they cared a lot and were completely out of position just like the MSU game. I think we are gonna blast OU. :emawkid:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 03:09:46 AM »

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 04:45:01 AM »
Not because of the game as much as the injuries.

Plus, WVU and TX look much better than I thought they would. The BIG XII in general might be the deepest its ever been. 1-9 are very strong.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »
Not because of the game as much as the injuries.

Plus, WVU and TX look much better than I thought they would. The BIG XII in general might be the deepest its ever been. 1-9 are very strong.

I think WVU looks just as expected, but they haven't played anyone at all yet. The biggest worry about them is how easy their schedule is this year. All of the ranked Big 12 teams go to Morgantown this year with the exception of UT. I think UT does look better than I expected though. All that being said, I still think we end up 10-2 or 9-3.
Y.N.W.A.

catzacker

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »
How could you not be? 

Defense:  I could give a eff about the corners cushions.  What I give a eff about is how completely unprepared we looked and how completely manhandled we were upfront.  The unprepared part I can probably take, however it just shows how much of a talent gap doesn't exists with this KSU team/program and its opponents.  We got absolutely mind mumped by that spinner motion.  But regardless of your preparedness, our defensive front 8 looked like a child in a Penn State shower. 

Offense:  I don't necessarily disagree with Bill wanting to limit the hits on Collin and wanting to work on some passing, but we should have been able to run the ball better against UNT.  And I'm sure Bill didn't want to have to show that pass to Wilson (or maybe he did?) or that little TE release.  And I hadn't seen that designed QB draw where Collin cuts back across the field until this game.  So the idea that we were "vanilla" or whatever on offense is absurd.  We tried like hell to score.  And , imo, were fortunate on some replay decisions that went our way or the tone of the game changes.

Special Teams:  no complaints.  pretty much saved our ass.  God bless whatever girl let Kevin nail her without a condom in highschool.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm significantly concerned about this season if there are any injuries to impact players.  Considering the fact the Brown had 13 tackles tonight and the rest of our defensive unit looked like complete and utter dog crap.

Downright terrified would be my description for next year when the recruiting catches up to us.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008