Author Topic: Band Day  (Read 5598 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Band Day
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
I'd love to hear the ole St. Marys high school band! However, I'm sure they suck dong now, considering how legendary director Warren Sickel has retired. Saul knows what I mean.

Why did you bring up St. Marys High School, and Warren Sickel, the great?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
Not only did Meade wear jeans & t-shirts, but they wore mismatched t-shirts. :sdeek:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »
i live on humboldt, and my bedroom window faces out to poyntz.  these assholes woke me up at 1pm with some bullshit parade or something.

eff you band day.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
Too bad it wasn't an 11 am game, those 7 am parades are the best  :thumbsup:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
Not only did Meade wear jeans & t-shirts, but they wore mismatched t-shirts. :sdeek:

:sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Band Day
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
Yeah, that was def. Meade. LSOC also texted me that the tuba player was a skinny guy. Going to make some calls. Unacceptable.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »

That's Meade for ya'.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »
i went in like 2002 or something. it rained alot.

Eastern Illinois.

Tony Romo  :love:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
:gocho:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 12:10:27 PM »
'Blast I can't be at band day today.  :frown: I want a detailed report. Jeans? Songs? Maybe one school has a really small kid playing tuba and a huge fat kid playing flute? I'm counting on you to be my eyes and ears on this one bud.

#GoCats

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
i live on humboldt, and my bedroom window faces out to poyntz.  these assholes woke me up at 1pm with some bullshit parade or something.

eff you band day.

Those assholes are at it again  :shakesfist:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
There was a drone videotaping the parade

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 04:41:15 PM »
Band dorks are the worst. :flush:

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 12:22:54 AM »
My two band day wtf is this observations:

1) One band in the south end zone (a T-shirt band) had two dudes standing in line without instruments.  They weren't doing anything - maybe their forgot their instruments or sucked so bad they weren't allowed to have them on the field.

2) Almost all band kids were confined to the "temporary" bleachers in above the south end zone seating.  However, to go down to the field they went north and down to the field that way.  However, hundreds of band kids magically appeared just before halftime and came down via the south end zone stairs.  I honestly don't think these kids had seats anywhere in the stadium.  It was almost as if they had them watching the game in Bramlage or something. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:06 AM »

1) One band in the south end zone (a T-shirt band) had two dudes standing in line without instruments.  They weren't doing anything - maybe their forgot their instruments or sucked so bad they weren't allowed to have them on the field.

2) Almost all band kids were confined to the "temporary" bleachers in above the south end zone seating.  However, to go down to the field they went north and down to the field that way.  However, hundreds of band kids magically appeared just before halftime and came down via the south end zone stairs.  I honestly don't think these kids had seats anywhere in the stadium.  It was almost as if they had them watching the game in Bramlage or something.

Looked that way to me, also. Have no idea where those bands were hidden...or why.

Offline ksutrumpet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »

The kids without instruments are most likely the drum line. During the performance Dr Tracz does not allow any other drums on the field besides the KSUMB drum line. It's already hard enough to make sure that they all stay together without high school drums rough ridin' up the tempo.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »
I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have like 200 small town high school drummers just banging away on their drums
emaw

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
Tracz is no Phil Hewett.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 01:09:26 AM »
The wife and I were in the first row in the south endzone tonight, and all those little unwashed mother rough riders all congregate about two feet from where we were sitting. Guys, the smell, oh my God the smell!!! I remember taking showers in high school, apparently I was in the minority because none of those little bastards had bathed themselves in weeks. It will haunt me till I die.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »
The wife and I were in the first row in the south endzone tonight, and all those little unwashed mother rough riders all congregate about two feet from where we were sitting. Guys, the smell, oh my God the smell!!! I remember taking showers in high school, apparently I was in the minority because none of those little bastards had bathed themselves in weeks. It will haunt me till I die.

Showering has died in high schools in younger kids.  Kids that have p.e. rarely will shower afterward.  Lots of quality ripeness when you get a class or younger kids in a room later in the day.  The horror.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »

The kids without instruments are most likely the drum line. During the performance Dr Tracz does not allow any other drums on the field besides the KSUMB drum line. It's already hard enough to make sure that they all stay together without high school drums rough ridin' up the tempo.

This Tracks guy takes this crap too seriously.

Let the HS kids play.  If they screw up the Pirates of the Caribbean song,so what?  The only people that care are parents and old people who would rather pee during game time because the lines are shorter.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:23 AM »

This Tracks guy takes this crap too seriously.

Let the HS kids play.  If they screw up the Pirates of the Caribbean song,so what?  The only people that care are parents and old people who would rather pee during game time because the lines are shorter.

I don't think you have a frame of reference for how big of a train wreck it would be with 100 drummers.

Its ok to not be edgy and too cool for school about everything folks.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »
the band was complete garbage too. everything about this game was just trash.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
Was band day the reason we supposedly had the 6th biggest crowd of all time at BSFS last night for umass?

Also, as I was walking back to my seats past one of the bands, I distinctly heard two of the flute players in a heated argument. One of them said "you have no right to talk about me like that!" I don't know what that was about, and I don't want to.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ksutrumpet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 08:48:57 AM »
Was band day the reason we supposedly had the 6th biggest crowd of all time at BSFS last night for umass?

Also, as I was walking back to my seats past one of the bands, I distinctly heard two of the flute players in a heated argument. One of them said "you have no right to talk about me like that!" I don't know what that was about, and I don't want to.

Probably. I'm not sure why we haven't cut band day. We are not hurting when it comes to recruiting kids to play in the KSUMB. Also, It's not like we are KU and need all the bands to bump our attendance numbers.