Author Topic: The Obama Paradox  (Read 5728 times)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Obama Paradox
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 08:05:12 AM »
Here's what I find hilarious; Every Republican I know doesn't even think Mitt is a great candidate.  crap, even every talk show hosts, except for dipshits like Laura Ingram, will admit he's not a great candidate.  They're just voting for "not Obama"  There is a very passionate group of eligible voters that the republican party could made a tremendously HUGE power grab at by just nominating Ron Paul.

The republican party with Ron Paul, would have had All of the "not Obama" people voting republican, All of the libertarians voting republican, All of the Green Party voting republican, All of the grass roots people voting republican, a substantial portion of the over 40% people that just don't give a crap about voting because they don't see a difference between the two candidates voting republican, and a slew of religious pro-life/anti-gay democrats voting republican.

Would have been a rough ridin' landslide victory for the republicans - and a sure defeat of Obama.  But apparently, defeating Obama isn't THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.

Yeah but Ron Paul is a rough ridin' loser.

You're probably assuming that I'm bitter; On the contrary - I a bit relieved & a bit LOL at the hypocrisy.  If this were REALLY the most important election of our lives, we wouldn't be stuck with Mitt "mother eff'n" Romney as the alternative to Obama. 
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Obama Paradox
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:21 AM »
There are actually quite a few liberals who think Obama sucks, and actually understand that on a foreign policy and civil liberties basis Obama is essentially W. Bush II, but . . . they're going to vote for him anyway.   Lessor of two evils and some such nonsense.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
Here's what I find hilarious; Every Republican I know doesn't even think Mitt is a great candidate.  crap, even every talk show hosts, except for dipshits like Laura Ingram, will admit he's not a great candidate.  They're just voting for "not Obama"  There is a very passionate group of eligible voters that the republican party could made a tremendously HUGE power grab at by just nominating Ron Paul.

The republican party with Ron Paul, would have had All of the "not Obama" people voting republican, All of the libertarians voting republican, All of the Green Party voting republican, All of the grass roots people voting republican, a substantial portion of the over 40% people that just don't give a crap about voting because they don't see a difference between the two candidates voting republican, and a slew of religious pro-life/anti-gay democrats voting republican.

Would have been a rough ridin' landslide victory for the republicans - and a sure defeat of Obama.  But apparently, defeating Obama isn't THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.

Ron Paul's foreign policy scares most republicans to death, and a lot of them would prefer Obama to Iran getting a nuclear bomb without us at least fighting a war first.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »
Please show me 1 single person that calls themselves a republican that would vote for Obama if Ron Paul were the republican nominee.

Sent from my iPhone using DealWithItBitches.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
Please show me 1 single person that calls themselves a republican that would vote for Obama if Ron Paul were the republican nominee.

http://decoded.nationaljournal.com/2011/12/gingrich-unloads-on-paul-worse.php

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 12:10:48 PM »
Paul's supporters have complained for months that Paul wasn't getting the attention he deserved. Now that he's within reach of an early-state victory, the media scrutiny and attacks from rivals are escalating rapidly.

People don't like him or his policy - but I wouldn't reference an article from a period when they were rivals running for the same position.  Gengrich likely would have said the same about Romney at the same point in time.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 08:05:24 PM »

i'm voting for johnson, and i wouldn't vote for paul if he were the 'pub or lib' candidate.  he's a rough ridin' weirdo.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Johnson would not be running if Paul had got the nominee - would you vote Obama over Paul if they were the only two options?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
would you vote Obama over Paul if they were the only two options?

yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 07:06:18 AM »
Wow - no kidding?  If someone where to  ask you what political party you claim, could you honestly call yourself a republican?  And allow them to believe everything about you that people believe about republicans? 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »
Wow - no kidding?  If someone where to  ask you what political party you claim, could you honestly call yourself a republican?  And allow them to believe everything about you that people believe about republicans?

i'm registered as a repub, but probably going to change it soon.  if someone asks, and i feel like answering, i say i'm probably closest to the libertarians in ideology, but really, despite steve dave's moronic assertion, there isn't a party or candidate that really even comes close to my suite of political preferences.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't really think I was grouping you in with republicans in general.  I was mostly talking about all people that are planning on voting Romney and asserting those people would vote for whoever is on the republican ticket.  The republicans I know that talk about Ron Paul being crazy also think all people that wear magic underwear and believe missouri is the holy land are crazy - but they're going to vote for Romney anyway.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »
magic underwear is no more strange than most christian beliefs.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »
SYS, all the more reason to abolish all political parties.
EMAW

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

I'm curious about this one steve dave.  not trying to flame. 

in reference to CK you said:
I don't think they are crazy, people believe different things all over the world. I support them.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
agree entirely - I never said the average republican isn't a raging hypocrite.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »

I don't think they are crazy, people believe different things all over the world. I support them.

Virgin births - burning bushes - noah's ark with all animals on it - etc.

actually here's, IMO, a rational athiest perspective

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »

yes, my statements are 100% supportive of each other. which part confuses you?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:40 AM »
So it's not crazy to believe in strange things?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »

no, everyone believes strange things all over the world. is everyone who has religion crazy? I don't think so.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
But everyone here knows that's not a very typical mindset.  A lot of staunch evangelical Christians think Mormons are crazy, Jews are evil & Muslims want to kill you.

Watch the video of I posted of Penn Gillette to the end - I'm assuming that's what SD is saying.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

"Strange" is a completely subjective concept.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 02:03:52 PM »
You could call an atheist's beliefs strange, too. By thinking The Big Bang theory is how the universe was created they are saying that the 1st physical law of motion isn't true. Pretty strange, no?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »

no, everyone believes strange things all over the world. is everyone who has religion crazy? I don't think so.

This helps me understand your stance.  Thanks SD

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
You could call an atheist's beliefs strange, too. By thinking The Big Bang theory is how the universe was created they are saying that the 1st physical law of motion isn't true. Pretty strange, no?

Atheism is as foolish as any other belief; believing nothing is a belief.  I would say agnosticism is the most intellectually rational decision - To admit we don't know is probably the wisest claim that could me made. However, Religion is based on faith, not wisdom. Faith can be based on what serves humanity best.  It's up to you what you think is more relevant when leading a country - wisdom or faith.