Author Topic: The Obama Paradox  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
Failure as president, but getting reelected anyways.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/09/10/the-obama-paradox

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: The Obama Paradox
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:45 PM »

It's amazing that the people who call Obama a failure are mainly pissed that he's accomplished a lot of what he said he was going to accomplish.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »

It's amazing that the people who call Obama a failure are mainly pissed that he's accomplished a lot of what he said he was going to accomplish.

And also completely lied about a lot of other stuff.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »

Such as?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »
Getting Republicans to work in a non-partisan manner.

Totally lied about that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
If the Republicans wanted a president, they should have found someone better than Romney.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »
Getting Republicans to work in a non-partisan manner.

Totally lied about that.

Iraq war, Afghan war, Gitmo, transparency in gov(major lol), Patriot Act and NDAA sort of go against his "hope and change" thing, drug war, extension of Bush foreign policy and monetary policy, etc.

Just minor lies your know.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
If the Republicans wanted a president, they should have found someone better than Romney.

Yeah it's quite sad.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 11:35:08 PM »
Iraq War?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
Iraq War?

Yeah. There's still 1000s of private military contractors in the country.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
Didn't close guantanomo, and his overall human rights record is pretty terrible.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »
Laugh out rough ridin' loud that Obama has the same foreign policy as Bush.
Monetary policy isn't a horrible point if you don't understand how the US sets policy and it doesn't occur in an executive branch vacuum.

Gitmo is a failure of naivety . 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
Laugh out rough ridin' loud that Obama has the same foreign policy as Bush.
Monetary policy isn't a horrible point if you don't understand how the US sets policy and it doesn't occur in an executive branch vacuum. Of

Gitmo is a failure of naivety .
1. Yes. It is an extension of Bush's foreign policy and can be summed up like this: Bomb Arabs On|Off

2. This is also the same. If Bush really is "right" and Obama is considered "left" then you would think they would appoint polar opposite Chairmen to the Federal Reserve. This has not been the case. Our monetary policy is just: Print On|Off. And has been for years.

3. Maybe so, but still an F.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
He'd better hurry if he still plans to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.     :flush:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
Nobody could fix this mess in 4 years!

except Reagan

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
Here's what I find hilarious; Every Republican I know doesn't even think Mitt is a great candidate.  crap, even every talk show hosts, except for dipshits like Laura Ingram, will admit he's not a great candidate.  They're just voting for "not Obama"  There is a very passionate group of eligible voters that the republican party could made a tremendously HUGE power grab at by just nominating Ron Paul.

The republican party with Ron Paul, would have had All of the "not Obama" people voting republican, All of the libertarians voting republican, All of the Green Party voting republican, All of the grass roots people voting republican, a substantial portion of the over 40% people that just don't give a crap about voting because they don't see a difference between the two candidates voting republican, and a slew of religious pro-life/anti-gay democrats voting republican.

Would have been a rough ridin' landslide victory for the republicans - and a sure defeat of Obama.  But apparently, defeating Obama isn't THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
Are you sure there are a slew of religious, pro-life, anti-gay democrats? If so, they sound like terrible people.
:adios:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 01:03:32 AM »
Are you sure there are a slew of religious, pro-life, anti-gay democrats? If so, they sound like terrible people.

I think this is about as common as a unicorn.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
I want to add on this

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are puppets to the Bilderberg Group. You can deny it all you want but its something that is very very real and its quite scary. But yet we still remain docile about the topic. You would think if your elected officials were discussing AMERICAN POLICY behind closed doors with an incredible amount of secrecy you would be upset with that. I mean they are clearly violating The Logan Act.....but yet we still let them make decisions without any transparency whatsoever. Its disgusting!

I stand with Jesse Ventura. We should abolish all political parties. No more gangs in government. Our founding fathers even said political parties are dangerous to the USA.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under it leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble opinion, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." --John Adams

"A pure democracy . . . can admit no cure for the mischiefs of faction . . . . There is nothing to check the inducements to sacrifice the weaker party . . . . Hence it is that such democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been a short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths." --James Madison

EMAW

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Obama Paradox
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 02:44:42 AM »
Here's what I find hilarious; Every Republican I know doesn't even think Mitt is a great candidate.  crap, even every talk show hosts, except for dipshits like Laura Ingram, will admit he's not a great candidate.  They're just voting for "not Obama"  There is a very passionate group of eligible voters that the republican party could made a tremendously HUGE power grab at by just nominating Ron Paul.

The republican party with Ron Paul, would have had All of the "not Obama" people voting republican, All of the libertarians voting republican, All of the Green Party voting republican, All of the grass roots people voting republican, a substantial portion of the over 40% people that just don't give a crap about voting because they don't see a difference between the two candidates voting republican, and a slew of religious pro-life/anti-gay democrats voting republican.

Would have been a rough ridin' landslide victory for the republicans - and a sure defeat of Obama.  But apparently, defeating Obama isn't THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.

Yeah but Ron Paul is a rough ridin' loser.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Obama Paradox
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »

Yeah but Ron Paul is a rough ridin' loser.
:facepalm: unlimited.
EMAW

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Obama Paradox
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »

:D

Think southern baptist churches.

Sent from my iPhone using DealWithItBitches.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 07:36:47 AM »

There are southern baptist democrats? :confused: The more you know I guess...
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 07:53:33 AM »

There are southern baptist democrats? :confused: The more you know I guess...

Black people.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

probably not common; but more common than unicorns.