Author Topic: Hey EMAW  (Read 11414 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hey EMAW
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
The problem with Norman is that nobody wants to stick around such a terrible place.  In most Big 12 cities, as with college towns in general, there is enough going on to at least keep some people around long enough to stagger departures.  In Norman, a place generally known as the bottom of the barrel of BCS college towns, everyone leaves asap and clogs the routes out.

OU even knows how bad it is.  My uncle works in their administration.  This is one of the reasons they are willing/have to play at places like UTEP.  Even the smaller schools have to get a lot back in exchange for going to Norman.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
I remember growing up in the 90's and OU was an afterthought...kinda like Miami now.  They hadn't won anything since the 80's and then bam!  MNC in 2000 and the 80's apparel appeared from the back of closets everywhere.  Sad.   :barf:
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »
Imagine where OkState would be if T.Boone had decided to inject their football program with megabucks back in the 90's

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »
Imagine where OkState would be if T.Boone had decided to inject their football program with megabucks back in the 90's
I think T.Boone might of been broke in the 90s

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
I remember growing up in the 90's and OU was an afterthought...kinda like Miami now.  They hadn't won anything since the 80's and then bam!  MNC in 2000 and the 80's apparel appeared from the back of closets everywhere.  Sad.   :barf:

mmhm.  i never saw anything OU related when i was a kid.  that red color of theirs is really disgusting (and so are the people that wear it).
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

Imagine where K-State would be if we had a sugar daddy big oil entrepreneur