Author Topic: Construction Update Master Thread  (Read 99679 times)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
Re: ksunews construction update master thread
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »
I went to go play tennis at the rec complex today but found it was all ripped up which reminded me that I needed update this thread on that project.  These renderings are a little old and I didn't take these interior pics but I thought it was worth posting.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »
btw, I'm now looking for another place with decent courts to play tennis so tips are appreciated.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2012, 08:39:09 AM »
j von, less tennis and more pics please.  i thought i gave you a pretty sizable list of photo assignments? 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
btw, I'm now looking for another place with decent courts to play tennis so tips are appreciated.

bigDcat and I play at city park. There are only 3 courts there, but they're in ok shape and have lights. A few other apartment complex's around town have their own court or two as well.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »
How much of a boss is this fan?  it has winglets and over a million arms.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2012, 08:47:22 AM »
j-von, don't go down to city park to play. it's in the hood and you might get shot/stabbed by someone. just go to cico.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »

FFF would've crushed you.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

So boss they had the confidence to name their company BIG ASS FANS.

http://www.bigassfans.com/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

So boss they had the confidence to name their company BIG ASS FANS.

http://www.bigassfans.com/

Taco Lucha has one out on their patio. Its pretty cool  :powerespect:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »

girls who walk below it without first taking birth control will immediately be pregnant with fan babies
emaw

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2012, 03:00:54 AM »
j-von, don't go down to city park to play. it's in the hood and you might get shot/stabbed by someone. just go to cico.

I went and scouted the cico courts today and 2 out of the 3 looked like they are in pretty shitty condition.  City park is alright except it always seems to be full, and probably more so now that the rec courts are gone.  City park is definitely hood and a little rapey at night, I used to live on the corner of fremont and 14th st. in college.

I need someone to point me towards an apartment complex that has a rarely used, but totally amazing court.  I routinely use an apartment complex pool which has worked out quite nicely for me.

FFF would've crushed you.

This is true. I'm sure there are plenty of tennis players on here that would crush me too but I'm always up for a game.

j von, less tennis and more pics please.  i thought i gave you a pretty sizable list of photo assignments?

Should be at the stadium tomorrow.  I just found out my cousin is working in the crane so maybe I'll be able to get an insiders tour. I completely forgot he worked for a crane company.

As for the other projects I will get to them, but I really need to get my nursery construction done which is taking up all my free time.  I'm finding out that doing custom wainscoting with no prior knowledge of how to do it is harder than it seems  :frown: 

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2012, 03:19:16 AM »
Speaking of nursery construction,  I figured I'd post a picture of the basketball goal that's in there.  The powercat is cut into the metal bracket in the back which gives it a cool look through the glass backboard.  Much better than having the logo on the backboard.  This room was my dedicated mini b-ball room for about 6 months before we got pregnant with a boy so I had to give it up.  Searching for the right outdoor goal now.

This picture wasn't really meant to be of the goal so if anybody wants a better version I can take one.  You can get it at Goalsetter.com.  Also the painting is pre-wainscoting and maybe I'll update that once it's all finished since this project does technically fit under Manhattan construction.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
non break-away rim?  that thing's going to get torn down first day we get a drunken dunk-off going in your kid's room.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »
expecting real big things now jvon

congrats on the kid

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »
Speaking of nursery construction,  I figured I'd post a picture of the basketball goal that's in there.  The powercat is cut into the metal bracket in the back which gives it a cool look through the glass backboard.  Much better than having the logo on the backboard.  This room was my dedicated mini b-ball room for about 6 months before we got pregnant with a boy so I had to give it up.  Searching for the right outdoor goal now.

This picture wasn't really meant to be of the goal so if anybody wants a better version I can take one.  You can get it at Goalsetter.com.  Also the painting is pre-wainscoting and maybe I'll update that once it's all finished since this project does technically fit under Manhattan construction.

your wainscotting is way too tall.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
non break-away rim?  that thing's going to get torn down first day we get a drunken dunk-off going in your kid's room.

I dunk like crazy on that thing.  It has 10 lag bolts holding it up and I haven't heard it make a sound.  It's really heavy and a pain to put up so I'm glad we're having a boy so I don't have to take it down.

wainscoting should either be 1/3 or 2/3 the height of the wall. There is 10 foot ceilings in there and I made it a few inches short of 2/3. It's board and batten and will pretty much look like this

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »

I dunk like crazy on that thing.  It has 10 lag bolts holding it up and I haven't heard it make a sound.  It's really heavy and a pain to put up so I'm glad we're having a boy so I don't have to take it down.

wainscoting should either be 1/3 or 2/3 the height of the wall. There is 10 foot ceilings in there and I made it a few inches short of 2/3. It's board and batten and will pretty much look like this

Except it will have a bunch of holes halfway up where my feet punched through after I dunk on SD.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
I went to go play tennis at the rec complex today but found it was all ripped up which reminded me that I needed update this thread on that project.  These renderings are a little old and I didn't take these interior pics but I thought it was worth posting.

this is exciting to see. i was on the rec expansion committee that put the wheels in motion for this and i haven't heard any thing about the progress since I graduated. please keep this up!

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
Fellas, something beautiful was added to the nursery today...

A view of dual sky cranes! I'm still planning to go up there tonight btw.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
man, the north crane is a lot taller.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
ugh the rec, what a shithole

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »

wainscoting should either be 1/3 or 2/3 the height of the wall.

dunno where you got that advice, there is no "rule" for wainscoting.  for my taste, that's way to high for a bedroom, but it's your house.   just don't eff up and end up with an abortion of a light switch like that dumbass did.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:59:36 PM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:19 PM »

wainscoting should either be 1/3 or 2/3 the height of the wall.

dunno where you got that advice, there is no "rule" for wainscoting.  for my taste, that's way to high for a bedroom, but it's your house.   just don't eff up and end up with an abortion of a light switch like that dumbass did.

I was just going by what I found when researching design tips.  Basically kept finding this written different ways..

Rule of Thirds
Moser's 1/3 to 2/3 rule of thumb reinforces the Rule of Thirds used in art and photography. Essentially, something is more visually interesting if the eye is attracted to either side, or above or below, the center; having the subject perfectly centralized appears boring. Having wainscoting height based on thirds better addresses walls of any height. In addition, wainscoting placed halfway up the wall makes the wall, if not the entire room, feel as if it is cut in half.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »
Meh, not my best day out there.  I tried the east side and luckily there was a gate open.  My wide shots turned out ok, but getting a better angle on the construction didn't exactly work out like I'd planned.

Next week I'll be back to the west side.

http://www.ksunews.com/football-stadium-update-august-7th/

I was planning to take some new shots of the b-ball facility but the only noticeable change was the front doors had been installed.  I'd heard the whole thing had been sealed up and the windows were all in, but I noticed there were still some that haven't been installed.  The football crew is totally punking those losers.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
Meh, not my best day out there.  I tried the east side and luckily there was a gate open.  My wide shots turned out ok, but getting a better angle on the construction didn't exactly work out like I'd planned.

Next week I'll be back to the west side.

http://www.ksunews.com/football-stadium-update-august-7th/

I was planning to take some new shots of the b-ball facility but the only noticeable change was the front doors had been installed.  I'd heard the whole thing had been sealed up and the windows were all in, but I noticed there were still some that haven't been installed.  The football crew is totally punking those losers.

Change the title to 8/7.  Def not your best day.