Author Topic: Writing thank you notes.  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Writing thank you notes.
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
I am a nice guy, but this is the absolute worst.  Procrastination, white guilt, anxiety, paranoia and depression.  My stages of dealing with the prospect of thanking people.  Today I finish them.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Writing thank you notes.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »
I am a nice guy, but this is the absolute worst.  Procrastination, white guilt, anxiety, paranoia and depression.  My stages of dealing with the prospect of thanking people.  Today I finish them.

I just do them very generic. Dear "name" thanks for the "thing" it will be perfect for "time of year" or whatever. I just assume that the people that actually care about receiving thank you notes are not the type to care much about originality.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
everyone cares about receiving thank  you notes, whether they realize it or not

*especially when you plan on continually asking them for money

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:16 AM »
everyone cares about receiving thank  you notes, whether they realize it or not

*especially when you plan on continually asking them for money

Good advice both of you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:07:40 AM »
thanks for taking care of it KK, writing thank you notes blows ass

:thumbs:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
is this all for me taking you to brave last friday? it is, isn't it?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »
Dear Kat Kid,

Thank you for your wonderful Peggy P's and Nancy N's posts. They bring a smile to my face and make my post game meltdowns manageable.

All the best,

WW.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
is this all for me taking you to brave last friday? it is, isn't it?

baby gifts.  Do you think I should just make my son write these in like 8 years?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »
lol i thought it was fattyfest letters. i'm done with this crap thread.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »
lol i thought it was fattyfest letters. i'm done with this crap thread.

Oh God.   :frown:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 10:15:13 AM »
mass E-Thank You cards should catch on. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
I'm thinking 5 hours of playing Skyrim may make me feel better.  So far staring at a blank thank you card and pissclam's guilt trolling have not helped.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
Look, you are going to feel bad one way or the other.  So, just half ass them all right now so quickly they are barely legible and be done with it.  You can then Skyrim away the guilt of not putting more sincerity into the process.  But, post Skyrim you are already done with the cards and done with the guilt. 

The other way clears the bad feelings now, but only delays them for later.

Half assed is the way to go in this scenario.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
kk,

can you divy them up amongst all of us. writing 50 thank yous is horrible, but if we all just take one i bet we can be done by lunch.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
i always end up sending thank you cards about 3 months after my birthday/christmas/etc. do you guys think the old saying 'better late than never' applies here? i can't decide if i should give up on the whole sham.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »
Look, you are going to feel bad one way or the other.  So, just half ass them all right now so quickly they are barely legible and be done with it.  You can then Skyrim away the guilt of not putting more sincerity into the process.  But, post Skyrim you are already done with the cards and done with the guilt. 

The other way clears the bad feelings now, but only delays them for later.

Half assed is the way to go in this scenario.

Operation Crescent Moon engage.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:45:14 AM »
i always end up sending thank you cards about 3 months after my birthday/christmas/etc. do you guys think the old saying 'better late than never' applies here? i can't decide if i should give up on the whole sham.

i have a similar but slightly different question. lets say that a friend had a baby about a month ago and you said to your wife "i need to go get them something" somewhere between five to ten times but you never went and got them anything. the baby is now a month old and you've even been over to their house once but have still not got them anything. does the old saying "better late than never" apply here or is what's done, done and getting them something now would be weird. seems like it would be weird.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »

i have a similar but slightly different question. lets say that a friend had a baby about a month ago and you said to your wife "i need to go get them something" somewhere between five to ten times but you never went and got them anything. the baby is now a month old and you've even been over to their house once but have still not got them anything. does the old saying "better late than never" apply here or is what's done, done and getting them something now would be weird. seems like it would be weird.

I think the crib qualifies.  Feel free to come to Mae's tonight though, you can buy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »

Rick, just lie and say you started a college savings plan for the kid with a sizable pot of money.  No way they remember that in 18 yrs.  Resolved.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »

I think the crib qualifies.  Feel free to come to Mae's tonight though, you can buy.

i don't think it does but it's nice of you to say that. also, do you/will you need a highchair. also, 65% on maes.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »

i don't think it does but it's nice of you to say that. also, do you/will you need a highchair. also, 65% on maes.

Highchair would be great.  As long is it is artisnal, hand carved, brazilian rosewood.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

what kind of crib?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Writing thank you notes.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »

Not weird, my baby just turned 6 months old and we got a present in the mail last week. Could always just mail it to avoid the awkward gift giving, or going to maes probably works too
I'm purple down

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »
I have a horrible story about thank you notes but I'm still too guilt ridden and ashamed to tell it.  I actually hate KK for bringing this memory up.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
I have a horrible story about thank you notes but I'm still too guilt ridden and ashamed to tell it.  I actually hate KK for bringing this memory up.

uh oh kk. looks like you need to add an apology note to your list of thank you notes now. gonna be a long day.