Author Topic: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents  (Read 55426 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
I hope underage means like 14, but regardless your dad is an absolute legend.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »
The legal drinking age for 3.2 beer was 18 then but my mom said he was "definitely underage and happy he got a pitcher of margs"

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2019, 07:11:08 PM »
Your dad is a hero.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2019, 07:32:27 PM »
The kicker is my parents never go to sporting events and maybe watch half of all kstate fball/bball games on TV at most. I never went to a game at BSFS or the OOD until I was in school.

He was just in in for the hustle.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »
My parents are currently in NV and apparently my Dad is pretty worried about getting busted by the feds for running bets.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:35:36 AM by ben ji »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2019, 10:39:10 AM »
 :lol:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
 :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:05 AM »
is your dad wanting you to swing by Nevada for an in person visit, or he wants you to swing by Nevada to place the damn bet yourself?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2019, 11:43:23 AM »
 :D :love:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2019, 12:12:39 PM »
Just send him the $$ in Bitcoin, the feds won’t be able to track it.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 22, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
is your dad wanting you to swing by Nevada for an in person visit, or he wants you to swing by Nevada to place the damn bet yourself?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 22, 2019, 10:07:20 AM »
I feel like if we compiled all of BenJi's posts and sent them to Joe Rogan we could get his dad on the podcast.  it might break youtube.  Eddie Bravo would probably never leave your dad's side.  Would be incredible.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »
Went over to the parents for dinner tonight, some highlights

1. My dad was telling me about how he read an article about how vaping was bad so I asked him if he had ever considered vaping his snake venom. "No, vaping wouldnt work, you have to inject it" I asked why you had to inject it and he said "Science"

2. I asked him how he knows when its time for another injection and he said "Whenever I start getting cranky, usually around 21 days"

3. We spent about 30 minutes looking up who has gotten the most crop subsidies around the farm and debating whether or not they had enough land to marry my sister (Inside joke for like 15 years where he tells my sister about some bachelor farmer with land in WKS who is looking for a wife)

4. His name popped up in the subsidy search for the first time and he was really proud of it.

5. I asked him about trumps claims that windmills cause cancer and told me it was fake news and asked for a source...I performed a quick google search and played the clip where trump said they cause cancer...he said it wasnt turned up loud enough and he didnt hear it.  :ROFL:

6. He was talking about running for office as a county commissioner but can't now unless he changed his address to the farm.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2019, 11:11:15 PM »
So we’re just going to skip over that ben ji asked his dad “are we cousins?” obviously talking about the Washburn football player and his dad replied “No. You are my child”?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
This was an all-timer from WonderDad.

Subject: Happy Days Are Here Again
Dear Family,

The best thing about fall and the colder weather--Mrs. Freshly's Boston Creme Honey Buns are back in the vending machine.  Woo-hoo!!!!! (They don't have them during warmer weather, because the chocolate melts in the un-airconditioned vending truck.)

It's a great day to be in [REDACTED].

Love,
Dad

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »
Huge smile from that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 14, 2019, 08:26:11 AM »
it's the little things

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 07, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »
The parents are down FL and it looks like my dad has stopped at some snake farms/sanctuaries

Subject: Venom

Great info on Bill Haast and his successful treatment of MS patients.

That visit you had to his Punta Gorda facility was very, very rare.  He did not let many onto those grounds.

I talked with a guy who knew him and worked with him for years.  Learned much about his health habits.

Great day....

Not sure where he went today but the visit he mentioned in the email happened when I was a kid in the mid-late 90's. I think my dad learned about Bill Haast from a discovery channel show or something and thats when he first became interested in snake venom.

He wrote Bill Haast a letter and asked if we could stop by his snake farm when we were in Florida over spring break. Bill Haast met my dad at the gate and he eventually ended up giving our family a tour of his private snake farm where he lived.

Just realized Bill Haast has a wikipedia page and its rough ridin' nuts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Haast

When he was 19 he joined a man who had a roadside snake exhibit, and went with him to Florida. While there, he ended up rooming with a moonshiner on the edge of the Everglades, and became proficient at capturing all kinds of snakes.

Haast eventually returned home, where his mother had leased a concession stand at a lakeside resort. Haast added a snake exhibit to the business. There he met and eloped with his first wife, Ann. They moved to Florida so that Haast could pursue his dream of opening a "snake farm". After his wife became pregnant, Haast lost his job when the speakeasy he was working at was raided by IRS agents.
The couple moved back to New Jersey, where Haast studied aviation mechanics, and was certified after four years.

With his certification, he moved to Miami to work for Pan American World Airways. After the United States entered World War II, Haast served as a flight engineer on Pan Am airliners flying under contract to the United States Army Air Corps. These flights took him to South America, Africa and India, where he bought snakes to bring back to America, including his first cobra.

By 1965 the Serpentarium housed more than 500 snakes in 400 cages and three pits in the courtyard. Haast extracted venom 70 to 100 times a day from some 60 species of venomous snakes, usually in front of an audience of paying customers. He would free the snakes on a table in front of him, then catch the snakes bare-handed, and force them to eject their venom into glass vials with a rubber membrane stretched across the top.

Soon after opening the Serpentarium, Haast began experimenting with building up an acquired immunity to the venom of King, Indian and Cape cobras by injecting himself with gradually increasing quantities of venom he had extracted from his snakes, a practice called mithridatism.
In 1954 Haast was bitten by a common, or blue, krait. At first he believed his immunization to cobra venom would protect him from the krait venom, and continued with his regular activities for several hours. However, the venom eventually did affect him, and he was taken to a hospital where it took him several days to recover. A krait anti-venom was shipped from India, but when it arrived after a 48-hour flight, he refused to accept it. He received his first cobra bite less than a year after he started his immunization program. During the 1950s, he was bitten by cobras about twenty times. His first king cobra bite was in 1962. Haast was also bitten by a green mamba. Many times Haast donated his blood to be used in treating snake-bite victims when a suitable anti-venom was not available. More than twenty of those individuals recovered.[7]

As for why he may have been hesitant to let my family onto his snake farm.......  :horrorsurprise:

On September 3, 1977, a 6-year old boy sitting atop the wall surrounding the Serpentarium's alligator and crocodile pit fell into the pit, and a 12-foot crocodile lunged ten feet and grabbed the boy. The boy's father and another man, Nicolas Caulineau, jumped into the pit and straddled the crocodile. Nonetheless, the boy, who was battered and submerged, was killed.

The incident left Bill Haast badly shaken. He shot the 1800-pound crocodile nine times with a Luger pistol, yet it was still an hour before it died. Before this, the crocodile had lived for 20 years in the pit without incident. Haast's mental trauma over the boy's death eventually led to the closure of the Serpentarium on South Dixie Highway. Although the boy's father did not blame Haast for his son's death, Haast told reporters he wanted nothing else to do with the Serpentarium and, in any event, would never again house crocodiles there. The incident did not end Haast's interest in venom research

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 01, 2020, 09:51:21 AM »
Looks like he had the right idea, wrong venom.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-01/new-aus-research-finds-honey-bee-venom-kills-breast-cancer-cells/12618064

He started with bee venom then upgraded, pretty sure he still gets stung from time to time but he "needs it hotter". Last time I was at the cat ranch he was catching some of his bee's in a Mason Jar to give to someone he knows so that they could try it out.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »
Don't they die after injecting a sting, due to the stringer pulls out of their tail end.  I heard that it works for various aliments like artrites
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2020, 12:06:51 PM »
Mom: I've seen a couple of "Presidents are temporary, Wu Tang is forever" yard signs. What does that mean? Who is Wu-Tang?

ben ji: I'll explain it in person

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »
Ha. That's awesome.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire