Author Topic: Homophobia  (Read 4267 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Homophobia
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »
I have a theory. This theory pertains only to men.

Men are men. Straight men objectify women everyday. Be it outwardly or inwardly. When certain men come across gay men they hate them or are uncomfortable. I theorize that it is because they know how they objectify their sexual mate of choice and feel that they could be the subject of such thoughts from their gay encounter. It is alright when they objectify women but when tables are turned, suddenly it's not ok. Homophobia is hypocrisy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Homophobia
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
gay post

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
I always take it as a compliment.   :D

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
I hope sundance kid does not slit his wrist tonight

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

will take him 20 minutes to get razor out of the pocket of his skinny jeans, he might cool off by then.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »

will take him 20 minutes to get razor out of the pocket of his skinny jeans, he might cool off by then.

Anything less than a serrated knife and you're a pussy.

and y-la femoral arteries are where it's at now. get versed or get gone.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:06:31 PM by Sundance_Kid »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
Take to the Master Dating Thread you guise.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:46:49 PM by fanningksu »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »

Men are men. Straight men objectify women everyday. Be it outwardly or inwardly. When certain men come across gay men they hate them or are uncomfortable. I theorize that it is because they know how they objectify their sexual mate of choice and feel that they could be the subject of such thoughts from their gay encounter. It is alright when they objectify women but when tables are turned, suddenly it's not ok. Homophobia is hypocrisy.

Does not pertain to men only - I have a sister that is extremely homophobic.  I like the theory, but I think it has more to do with ignorance than anything.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »

Does not pertain to men only - I have a sister that is extremely homophobic.  I like the theory, but I think it has more to do with ignorance than anything.

You're probably right. I was just listening to a group of guys talk about their feelings on homosexuality and then hearing them talk about a girl that walked by near the same time. This is the theory that I came up with.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »
In some cases, maybe many, it's simply reaction formation, to wit:

"One of the most significant things about the research that Bering discusses in his article is that these young homophobic men admit to violent feelings against homosexuals and admit that they would want to act out that violence if they saw two men in public being affectionate towards one another.

It would seem that the findings lend support to the Freudian defense mechanism called 'reaction-formation,' in which anxiety-producing or unacceptable emotions and impulses are mastered by exaggeration of the directly opposing tendency. In other words, the homopobic young man who has violent urges is really hiding strong homosexual feelings and impulses that cause him so much anxiety that he must cover them up by acting violently. Most probably these young men are unaware of their homosexual wishes.

As with so much hatred, there is the tendency to hate in others that which we find unacceptable in ourselves. This is the basis of 'scapegoating' in which a victim is selected and bullied because they exhibit some characteristic that the bully does not like because he perceives in himself.

The importance of the findings in this research is not to imply that homophobic men are truly homosexual but that all human beings experiences varieties and types of feelings and impulses but that these do not define who they are. As Freud pointed out so long ago, human beings are 'polymorphous perverse,' which has to do with having all types of sexual feelings. The homophobe finds these feelings so terrifying that he must lash out at others who truly are gay."
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
That would explain Fred Phelps.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

"One of the most significant things about the research that Bering discusses in his article is that these young homophobic men admit to violent feelings against homosexuals and admit that they would want to act out that violence if they saw two men in public being affectionate towards one another.

It would seem that the findings lend support to the Freudian defense mechanism called 'reaction-formation,' in which anxiety-producing or unacceptable emotions and impulses are mastered by exaggeration of the directly opposing tendency. In other words, the homopobic young man who has violent urges is really hiding strong homosexual feelings and impulses that cause him so much anxiety that he must cover them up by acting violently. Most probably these young men are unaware of their homosexual wishes.

As with so much hatred, there is the tendency to hate in others that which we find unacceptable in ourselves. This is the basis of 'scapegoating' in which a victim is selected and bullied because they exhibit some characteristic that the bully does not like because he perceives in himself.

The importance of the findings in this research is not to imply that homophobic men are truly homosexual but that all human beings experiences varieties and types of feelings and impulses but that these do not define who they are. As Freud pointed out so long ago, human beings are 'polymorphous perverse,' which has to do with having all types of sexual feelings. The homophobe finds these feelings so terrifying that he must lash out at others who truly are gay."

makes sense

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »

makes sense

Pffft, no it doesn't. By that false logic every Illini fan secretly wants to sex a Hoosier (or whoever the Illini arch enemy is, as if they were relevant whatsoever)

Its basically the will and grace scientific study on how every straight guy is really gay. Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
I didn't get "every straight guy is really gay" from that....  I got that people have different impulses - not ALL impulses.   I've never been compelled to suck a dick,  but I've had impulses to have multiple women at once and I don't think that makes me a swinger or a gang banger.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I didn't get "every straight guy is really gay" from that....  I got that people have different impulses - not ALL impulses.   I've never been compelled to suck a dick,  but I've had impulses to have multiple women at once and I don't think that makes me a swinger or a gang banger.

Clearly your inner homosexuality is forcing you to lash out, but rather than lash out at gaysexual men you've unwittingly decided to overcompensate for your inner queerniss by seeking multiple hetero (abnormal behavior) womans encountered.

You don't even know it but clearly you are a closet gay.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
 :blank:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
:blank:

Ahhhhhh, passive aggressive behavior. Closet gay #2 outed.  It's science, fellas

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 09:29:12 PM »

Clearly your inner homosexuality is forcing you to lash out, but rather than lash out at gaysexual men you've unwittingly decided to overcompensate for your inner queerniss by seeking multiple hetero (abnormal behavior) womans encountered.

:lol: 

Maybe I am.   I just had this impulse to make out with you.... you are a dude; right?  And you immediately took "all human beings experiences varieties and types of feelings and impulses" as meaning all people have impulses of gay sex - so I know you're also a closet gay.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:22 PM »

Maybe I am.   I just had this impulse to make out with you.... you are a dude; right?  And you immediately took "all human beings experiences varieties and types of feelings and impulses" as meaning all people have impulses of gay sex - so I know you're also a closet gay.

It's science, what can we do but butt eff each other until we're impulsively straights again?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 07:14:39 AM »

It's not universally true, but it's obviously present in cases such as Larry Craig, Carl Kruger and the numerous other vociferously anti-gay politicians who are later outed.  What's your explanation? 

Your Illini-Hoosier analogy isn't remotely the same as homophobia.  Illini and Hoosier fans dislike each other because they root for teams that are fierce rivals in competition with one another.  Are you suggesting straights are rivals with gays and engaged in some sort of zero sum contest?  Pffft.

Your posts in this thread read like somebody striving to break mirrors for fear of what the might see.  Fraudulent sucrose penis.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
fsd really outed himself in this one

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »

It's not universally true, but it's obviously present in cases such as Larry Craig, Carl Kruger and the numerous other vociferously anti-gay politicians who are later outed.  What's your explanation? 

Your Illini-Hoosier analogy isn't remotely the same as homophobia.  Illini and Hoosier fans dislike each other because they root for teams that are fierce rivals in competition with one another.  Are you suggesting straights are rivals with gays and engaged in some sort of zero sum contest?  Pffft.

Your posts in this thread read like somebody striving to break mirrors for fear of what the might see.  Fraudulent sucrose penis.   

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 05:41:03 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »

Welp, it appears Mr. Bread has fallen victim to a freudian slip.  Looks like queersexual #3 outed.

Probably really wants to get violated by some Hoosier dude.