Author Topic: August Prediction  (Read 7799 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
August Prediction
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
This actually gets me more warmed up to Romney. Being able to pull off this type of crap should be a pre-req for president.  This is basically what we've been doing to discredit Islam and those guys are rough ridin' killing it. I mean, they really are the best.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
August Prediction
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »
I hope someone shows up with a booth next to their faggy convention with a sign that reads "free haircuts".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: August Prediction
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 12:03:48 AM »
johnson is a smarter, saner, more acomplished version of paul.  why don't the crazy paulites give up on paul and support him?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
August Prediction
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
It's pretty clear you guys know completely different Ron Paul supporters than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
Why even bother with this election? Romney and Obama are the same person, it makes no difference who gets elected.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
August Prediction
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
It matters a little.  When Romney gets in, SOME people will understand the idiocy behind voting for the lesser of two evils.     Just another step in the process of waking up your average republican.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
The libertarian guy on daily show last week seemed alright.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »
I like some of what Paul thinks.  However, the vast majority of his supporters are absolutely insufferable, paranoid, mongoloids.

This is ridiculous. Lay off the Glenn Beck for fucks sake. Paul supporters are no different than anyone else

johnson is a smarter, saner, more acomplished version of paul.  why don't the crazy paulites give up on paul and support him?

False. Paul started a movement to get people thinking, Gary Johnson was a governor. BFD.

Why even bother with this election? Romney and Obama are the same person, it makes no difference who gets elected.

^ this

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
False. Paul started a movement to get people thinking.

gmafb.  co-opting parts of libertarian philosophy, mixing it with touches of southern bigotry, monetary insanity, small-town doctorey conservatism and a weird voice doesn't equal starting a movement.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »
False. Paul started a movement to get people thinking.

gmafb.  co-opting parts of libertarian philosophy, mixing it with touches of southern bigotry, monetary insanity, small-town doctorey conservatism and a weird voice doesn't equal starting a movement.

Monetary insanity. Right. It's not like we owe 16 trillion to a made up bank and China or anything.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
have you guys noticed all the government provocateurs have the SAME BOOTS!!!!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
Monetary insanity. Right. It's not like we owe 16 trillion to a made up bank and China or anything.

yes, basing your monetary supply on how fast we can dig arbitrary metals out of the ground is insanity.  as i understand it, even paul acknowledges that.  still, you listen to him talk, and you can't help but think that right beneath the surface his goldbuggery is still lurking, ready to spew out in any moment of weakness.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »

yes, basing your monetary supply on how fast we can dig arbitrary metals out of the ground is insanity.  as i understand it, even paul acknowledges that.  still, you listen to him talk, and you can't help but think that right beneath the surface his goldbuggery is still lurking, ready to spew out in any moment of weakness.

I've always laughed at the fiat v. specie based money supply argument.  One side says money is worth something because the government says so, the other wants some collateral.  You tards can pick your side to that argument and call each other tards.

HOWEVER, to say gold is an "arbitrary metal" is beyond Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  goodness gracious Sys  :facepalm:

All those "crazy" gold hoarders are sitting on an "arbitrary metal" worth $1600 p/oz in useless/perfectly valuable currency. . .

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »

I really think Ron Paul is just trolling when he talks about the gold standard. I mean yeah it's pretty much not feasible, but then again we probably wouldn't owe $16,000,000,000,000 if we were on it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »

I've always laughed at the fiat v. specie based money supply argument.  One side says money is worth something because the government says so, the other wants some collateral.  You tards can pick your side to that argument and call each other tards.

HOWEVER, to say gold is an "arbitrary metal" is beyond Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  goodness gracious Sys  :facepalm:

All those "crazy" gold hoarders are sitting on an "arbitrary metal" worth $1600 p/oz in useless/perfectly valuable currency. . .

wooooooosh thats the sound sys's post made as it went right over your head because you can't conceptualize what fiat currency actually means.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
here you go, anti-paul/arbitrary metal choads...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »

I really think Ron Paul is just trolling when he talks about the gold standard. I mean yeah it's pretty much not feasible, but then again we probably wouldn't owe $16,000,000,000,000 if we were on it.

We also wouldn't have the luxury of enjoying the highest standard of living in the world if we were on it, either.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

We also wouldn't have the luxury of enjoying the highest standard of living in the world if we were on it, either.

Perhaps. Fwiw I think parts of Europe have a higher standard of living than we do, and they're also on the brink of economic collapse.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 11:39:33 PM »
here you go, anti-paul/arbitrary metal choads...
lulz at comparing the USA to the house of cards

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »

Perhaps. Fwiw I think parts of Europe have a higher standard of living than we do, and they're also on the brink of economic collapse.

I'm just unclear about what happens after this economic collapse. Looking at debt as a percentage of GPD, the countries that fall under 10% are as follows:

Algeria
Azerbaijan
Chile
Equatorial Guinea
Estonia
Gibraltar
Kuwait
Libya
North Korea
Oman
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Uzbekistan
Wallis and Futina

Almost all of those countries are crap holes, and I really don't think that economic collapse is going to make Greece less appealing to live than the countries on that list. I'm not saying that debt is not a serious issue, but I'd rather live high in debt and then face an economic collapse than spend my entire life in some third world country.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
I'm fine with Fiat $$ as long as there's an audit of the fed on a annual or quarterly basis and printing our way out of financial crisis is kept to a minimum. History has shown success in all forms of currency as long as there's a foundation of trust behind it.  I question whether the world will continue to trust our currency when we borrow/deflate/print at the pace we are.   My main concern is with the excessive printing of $$ - not that it isn't backed by anything. 

The desire behind a gold standard is ONLY to prevent the banking industries from lending more than they have on hand.   If you can't understand why that's a bad thing - then no wonder you think this is an idiotic topic.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
I'm fine with Fiat $$ as long as there's an audit of the fed on a annual or quarterly basis and printing our way out of financial crisis is kept to a minimum. History has shown success in all forms of currency as long as there's a foundation of trust behind it.  I question whether the world will continue to trust our currency when we borrow/deflate/print at the pace we are.   My main concern is with the excessive printing of $$ - not that it isn't backed by anything. 

The desire behind a gold standard is ONLY to prevent the banking industries from lending more than they have on hand.   If you can't understand why that's a bad thing - then no wonder you think this is an idiotic topic.
when people turn away from the 10 year T-Bill (which the US govt basically gets free money for) than you have an issue. Right now those are in demand because of the presvieved safety.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »
That doesn't mean we have a 10 year safety net - and I'm speaking more specifically to how the Federal Reserve Operates... not the Government.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »
I like some of what Paul thinks.  However, the vast majority of his supporters are absolutely insufferable, paranoid, mongoloids.

It's pretty clear you guys know completely different Ron Paul supporters than I do.

This is how most of the Ron Paul supporters I know feel about Dr. Paul.  If you think this guys is an "absolutely insufferable, paranoid, mongoloid" then who do you think is normal?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
August Prediction
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
I've had a soft spot for Ron Paul ever since he cited a historical fact at a debate and got booed.

BOOOO facts! BOOOOO history! All the history I need to know is best country EVER. That means in aaaaaall history, rendering the rest obsolete.