Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 215270 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

catzacker

man, they still just blame texas for them being missouri.  it's amazing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
At least if you finish second in the Big 12, you get a BCs bowl.  They have to be furious with their SEC leadership.  Slive just punked them.

Best season ever = Cotton Bowl

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Missouri def has a Cotton ceiling. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
At least if you finish second in the Big 12, you get a BCs bowl.  They have to be furious with their SEC leadership.  Slive just punked them.

At least this time they didn't have to watch their biggest rival jump them for a BCS bowl.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

At least this time they didn't have to watch their biggest rival jump this for a BCS bowl.

alabama is the new KU. what a world we live in.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

At least this time they didn't have to watch their biggest rival jump this for a BCS bowl.

alabama is the new KU. what a world we live in.

LOL.  Alabama doesn't even know Mizzou exists

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

"Ya'll had a nice little run."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Am I Luking this?

http://opnlttr.com/letter/open-letter-cbs-sports-and-gary-danielson-0

A Concerned Mizzou Fan
I just finished watching your network’s broadcast of the SEC Conference Championship. It was an amazing game, with many memorable plays, but not with amazing commentary. As a Mizzou fan, I am used to the media underestimating my teams – this certainly isn’t the first season it has happened.
This entire week I have watched ESPN commentators give little to no chance for Mizzou to beat Auburn in this game. This is obviously disheartening to hear, but I cannot hold these ESPN commentators who are explicitly asked to make their picks accountable. However, when I turned on CBS this afternoon to watch an exciting SEC Championship, I expected to hear unbiased commentary (as I am used to hearing during every other football game) in order to allow for the game to be decided on the field. This did not happen. The entire game, I was forced to listen to Gary Danielson not only favor Auburn, but speak as if Auburn had already won the National Championship.
I understand that Gary Danielson is the Color Commentator, and is invited to give his opinion, but the amount of unabashed favoritism he showed towards Auburn was unacceptable. Not only is it embarrassing for Mr. Danielson, it is embarrassing for CBS Sports, and for sports journalists as a whole. As an journalism student here at Mizzou, I have learned in my classes the importance of journalists to remain objective, and only offer opinion when it is supported by truth. I understand Chris Danielson is not a journalist by trade, but by calling football games for CBS, he has filled the role of a journalist, and as such must remain committed to certain principles – fairness being one of them.

At times Chris Danielson gave Mizzou their dues, and I was tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, the straw that broke the camel’s back came when Ryan White shoved Henry Josey into a cart on the sideline, seriously injuring Josey. From any point of view, it was obvious that White not only pushed Josey after the whistle, but did so with the intention of causing him harm. I, as were many other Mizzou fans, was furios at White, but became even more livid when Chris Danielson began making excuses for White, rather than calling out Ryan White for an uncalled for Personal Foul. There were many other instances throughout the game – far too many for one letter.
Chris Danielson spent the entire game showing favoritism to Auburn, and treating Missouri as an insignificant and underserving player in a very competitive game. I am extremely disappointed in CBS Sports for not only allowing someone as unashamedly biased as Chris Danielson to call games, but for continuing to allow Danielson to show favoritism towards Auburn, even as the game was progressing.
Obviously Auburn was the superior team in this matchup, and while I am disappointed that Mizzou lost, I can accept that Auburn played better football. What I cannot accept is having to listen to sports commentators, who I expect to be objective observers, showing unfiltered favoritism. I am hopeful Auburn fans will agree with me – football games should be decided on the field, and the booth should serve as objective commentators, not opinionated pundits. I hope that CBS will take action to ensure that, in future games, commentators like Gary Danielson who refuse to remain unbiased are no longer allowed to call football games. It is not only important for the game of football, it is vital for the future of sports journalism.

Sincerely,
A concerned Mizzou Fan

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
 :bawl:  <--- Mizzou fans pretty much all of the time

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who is Missouri's best win? If I were on the Cotton Bowl Committee, I'd probably want South Carolina instead.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Who is Missouri's best win? If I were on the Cotton Bowl Committee, I'd probably want South Carolina instead.

Vandy?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tigerboard is essentially the 'Bash and PhogTuck.net all rolled up into one really crappy format.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
So the Cotton Bowl is the SEC #2 team against the Big 12 #3 team?  Should go a really long ways to settling the "who is better" debate.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
So the Cotton Bowl is the SEC #2 team against the Big 12 #3 team?  Should go a really long ways to settling the "who is better" debate.

Oklahoma State is going to run a train on them.  Mizzou is so overrated, it's not even funny.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Am I Luking this?

http://opnlttr.com/letter/open-letter-cbs-sports-and-gary-danielson-0

A Concerned Mizzou Fan
I just finished watching your network’s broadcast of the SEC Conference Championship. It was an amazing game, with many memorable plays, but not with amazing commentary. As a Mizzou fan, I am used to the media underestimating my teams – this certainly isn’t the first season it has happened.
This entire week I have watched ESPN commentators give little to no chance for Mizzou to beat Auburn in this game. This is obviously disheartening to hear, but I cannot hold these ESPN commentators who are explicitly asked to make their picks accountable. However, when I turned on CBS this afternoon to watch an exciting SEC Championship, I expected to hear unbiased commentary (as I am used to hearing during every other football game) in order to allow for the game to be decided on the field. This did not happen. The entire game, I was forced to listen to Gary Danielson not only favor Auburn, but speak as if Auburn had already won the National Championship.
I understand that Gary Danielson is the Color Commentator, and is invited to give his opinion, but the amount of unabashed favoritism he showed towards Auburn was unacceptable. Not only is it embarrassing for Mr. Danielson, it is embarrassing for CBS Sports, and for sports journalists as a whole. As an journalism student here at Mizzou, I have learned in my classes the importance of journalists to remain objective, and only offer opinion when it is supported by truth. I understand Chris Danielson is not a journalist by trade, but by calling football games for CBS, he has filled the role of a journalist, and as such must remain committed to certain principles – fairness being one of them.

At times Chris Danielson gave Mizzou their dues, and I was tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, the straw that broke the camel’s back came when Ryan White shoved Henry Josey into a cart on the sideline, seriously injuring Josey. From any point of view, it was obvious that White not only pushed Josey after the whistle, but did so with the intention of causing him harm. I, as were many other Mizzou fans, was furios at White, but became even more livid when Chris Danielson began making excuses for White, rather than calling out Ryan White for an uncalled for Personal Foul. There were many other instances throughout the game – far too many for one letter.
Chris Danielson spent the entire game showing favoritism to Auburn, and treating Missouri as an insignificant and underserving player in a very competitive game. I am extremely disappointed in CBS Sports for not only allowing someone as unashamedly biased as Chris Danielson to call games, but for continuing to allow Danielson to show favoritism towards Auburn, even as the game was progressing.
Obviously Auburn was the superior team in this matchup, and while I am disappointed that Mizzou lost, I can accept that Auburn played better football. What I cannot accept is having to listen to sports commentators, who I expect to be objective observers, showing unfiltered favoritism. I am hopeful Auburn fans will agree with me – football games should be decided on the field, and the booth should serve as objective commentators, not opinionated pundits. I hope that CBS will take action to ensure that, in future games, commentators like Gary Danielson who refuse to remain unbiased are no longer allowed to call football games. It is not only important for the game of football, it is vital for the future of sports journalism.

Sincerely,
A concerned Mizzou Fan

OK... is it Chris or Gary??? Also... "An Journalism student here at Mizzou" - LOL 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile

As an journalism student here at Mizzou, I have learned in my classes the importance of journalists to remain objective, and only offer opinion when it is supported by truth.

Wow, they must have a top shelf journalism school at MU.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
this went really bad for Mizzou

catzacker

As an journalism student here at Mizzou, I have learned in my classes the importance of journalists to remain objective, and only offer opinion when it is supported by truth.

Wow, they must have a top shelf journalism school at MU.

the DeArmond's agree.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

That's a lie.  They obviously don't teach that crap in any journo school any more.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

That's a lie.  They obviously don't teach that crap in any journo school any more.

Also, the truth was Auburn was boat racing mizzou.  What is he supposed to say?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Disrespect!?! :surprised:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
The things I read on Tigerboard sometimes….

OU has rendered themselves irrelevant in college sports....Their credibility took a massive hit when the PAC kicked them to the curb, along with Okie Lite. IMO, OU is now in the lower tier category of schools like ISU, KU, KSU, Okie Lite, Baylor, TTech, TCU etc, etc, etc.. OU's only glimmer of hope, is if they continued to play the role of UT's battered biatch. Personally, I love it!
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of a**holes.

That might be one of the most LOL things I have ever read. I think this guy forgot that OU is playing in the Sugar Bowl basically because of their name alone.

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11432494

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's delusion and then there's Tigerboard.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
GOOOOOD JUST MOVE ON AND LEAVE US ALONE