Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 215283 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Yeah, race is always on the forefront of people's minds in the South.  Kinda weird.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You know it's bad when Tennessee fans are saying you are awful. :lol:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
  If the Big 12 conference were a classroom...Missouri would be the mediocre blonde who falls in love with a stud from another school ,runs away to be with him and gets gang raped by him and all his friends.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My classroom didn't have one of those, fortunately.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://feelslike98.com/articles/holy-hell-missouri-is-terrible

Probably luked. Do not care. Wanted to share it somewhere and if I put it on Facebook it would ruin friendships. So here ya go.

You may have forgotten that Mizzu is a newly-minted member of the SEC, especially considering natural comparisons to Texas A&M, who made the most of their first year in the league with an all-time road win at #1 Alabama, led by their redshirt freshman and Heisman-winning wigger punk QB Jonathan Manziel.

:surprised:  holy crap.
can you be involved in a hate crime and still be considered a wigger?  :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
That guy talked a lot of crap on a program that beat his team at home last season.  Missouri is bad, but Tennessee is worse.  So it makes little sense to me that Vols fans are talking down to Missouri about how tough the SEC is.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You just know that most of the Missouri fans can't wait for the SEC to add some garbage program so that they can talk about the new guys like the Tennessee fan just talked about them.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Missouri is notoriously under performing in BB and FB and has been forever.  No way the SEC signs a school as bad at what they do as MU.  I mean, who would they add that MU could turn their nose up to?   

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
It would be easy to denigrate Mizzu for their amateurish crap stadium and hideous fan base, so let's do that.  Faurot Field is a large high school track that hosts thrilling intramural soccer games when not in use for football purposes.  Missouri has a lot of meth.  It also is home to Branson and a restaurant where obese people have rolls thrown at their heads.  To cap it off, Columbia is sandwiched between two fairly large cities that do not give a eff about the University of Missouri.  All in all, great pick up Slive.

:lol:
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Missouri season tickets sales are down 14% from last year.  It's almost as if the shine is wearing off of playing in a conference full of a bunch of teams you don't care about! 

WHAT?!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Missouri season tickets sales are down 14% from last year.  It's almost as if the shine is wearing off of playing in a conference full of a bunch of teams you don't care about! 

WHAT?!

And they will go down another 14% if they have another bad season and Pinkel gets fired.  If Missouri continues down this path, they will be looking 5-win seasons in the eye for a very long time... killing everything Pinkel built while in the Big 12.  They don't have years worth of winning and fan support to resurrect a shitty football team in the best football conference in the nation. 

Missouri's schedule is highly in their favor this year.  This year is key to staying on the line of a relevant football team in the SEC. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

And they will go down another 14% if they have another bad season and Pinkel gets fired.  If Missouri continues down this path, they will be looking 5-win seasons in the eye for a very long time... killing everything Pinkel built while in the Big 12.  They don't have years worth of winning and fan support to resurrect a shitty football team in the best football conference in the nation. 

Missouri's schedule is highly in their favor this year.  This year is key to staying on the line of a relevant football team in the SEC.

They're in the SEC though, and that's all that matters to the majory of True Kool-Aid drinkers.   If they have another bad season, they can just sit back and watch all the other SEC teams play in bowl games, they seem to enjoy that more than watching their own team anyway.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

That's awkward.  They just expanded their stadium to account for their swelling SEC fanbase. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

They're in the SEC though, and that's all that matters to the majory of True Kool-Aid drinkers.   If they have another bad season, they can just sit back and watch all the other SEC teams play in bowl games, they seem to enjoy that more than watching their own team anyway.

Yes and No.  I think if it continues down a negative path you will start to notice a split fan base.  The ones in the KC area will have a sick feeling of leaving the Big 12 (which most of the Missouri fans I know in the KC area already feel this way), and the fans in central Missouri and St. Louis will jump on the "SEC tho" wagon.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

NU was/is really the only program in the conference that could benefit from a change.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

This. Tigerboard is filled with stats comparing the SEC to the Big 12. They talk about their conference's successes more than their own because they have none.

They still haven't figured out that the only reason the SEC invited them is because of their KC and STL media markets.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
The SEC feels pretty inbred in terms of coaches moving around in the conference (i.e. Nutt, Dan Mullen, a bevy of AC's).

My guess is that Gary will be done soon and they'll hire a coordinator from another SEC school and start filling the staff with SEC guys with proven recruiting ties.  Once that happens, they'll probably get all ESS-EEE-CEE again and start buying tickets.

They'll still suck, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Missouri should just fire Pinkel and hire Mangino.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Bobby Petrino should be the beginning and end of that list.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The SEC feels pretty inbred in terms of coaches moving around in the conference (i.e. Nutt, Dan Mullen, a bevy of AC's).

My guess is that Gary will be done soon and they'll hire a coordinator from another SEC school and start filling the staff with SEC guys with proven recruiting ties.  Once that happens, they'll probably get all ESS-EEE-CEE again and start buying tickets.

They'll still suck, though.
The good ones won't take that job, they will end up picking thru the Nutt, Tuberville recycle bin or have to go farther down the food chain.  I don't see a Kirby Smart type leaving for MU.

Regardless, there is real potential for MU to slide back down to the 80s and early 90s level of irrelevance  :crossfingers:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

I love when their radio plug for season tickets comes on when I'm listening to the Buzz (and why they are advertizing on the Buzz is a mystery) but at any rate I love how it goes "Tiger fans! Get ready for another exciting year of SEC footballllll!" Not Mizzou Football, not Tiger Football, SEC football. gotta love it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Bobby Petrino should be the beginning and end of that list.

I think it's safe to say that Petrino will have better options than Mizzou after this season, though.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

WHAT?!

I love when their radio plug for season tickets comes on when I'm listening to the Buzz (and why they are advertizing on the Buzz is a mystery) but at any rate I love how it goes "Tiger fans! Get ready for another exciting year of SEC footballllll!" Not Mizzou Football, not Tiger Football, SEC football. gotta love it.
Yeah I laugh at that too. They're still trying to ride that wave because frankly, they don't have much else.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Next year's plug will be "SEC fans! Get ready for another exciting year of SEC footballllll!"