Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 216767 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile

I'm beginning to get a sense that this SEC league is kind of

a big deal.

Refreshing

Once again it baffles me how their fans and program in general are acting like athletics are now important to them.  One bad year and support will be worse than ever.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

I'm beginning to get a sense that this SEC league is kind of

a big deal.

Refreshing

Once again it baffles me how their fans and program in general are acting like athletics are now important to them.  One bad year and support will be worse than ever.

It will take two or three yrs.  There is a built in excuse for yrs one and maybe two given that they have such a high opinion of the SEC.  The first year will feel like the move is justified since there will be so many eyes on them to see how the thing goes down.  They will mistake this for honest interest in MU.  When the losses stack up and the excuses run out, the fall will be amazing to watch.  Too bad it will be illegible and incoherent on TigerBoard.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Looks like MU are a bunch of losers.   :lol:

35 BCS Programs Who Won't Be Going Bowling in 2012By Joe Penkala(Featured Columnist) on July 18, 2012 5,956 reads

Use your ? ? (arrow) keys to browse more storiesPrevious19 of 37 Next
 Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images Every year teams around the nation set out into their season with a goal of winning their conference and heading to a bowl game. The problem with today is that with all of the bowl games available to teams, is it really a reward to go to a bowl game anymore?
While it may not have been what everyone was hoping for, the new four team playoff will at least bring some excitement back to the postseason and give college football fans something to look forward to.
As teams begin the 2012 season, some teams will start to realize that they simply do not have what it takes to make it to a bowl game this year. Despite the amount of games available, here are 35 BCS programs that will still fall short and be at home watching bowl games instead of participating in them.

Baylor
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images With one of the most electric players in football, Baylor had a 10-3 record. Now that Robert Griffin III is gone, the Bears will truly be tested.
Along with losing Griffin, the Big 12 adds TCU and West Virginia which will only make life more difficult on Baylor.

Colorado 
Christian Petersen/Getty Images Things went bad for Colorado in their first year in the Pac-12. The Buffaloes went 3-10 last year and ranked No. 109 in the nation for points scored and points against. This year, one of those needs to change to have more success, but unfortunately for Colorado fans, they are in for more of the same.

Kansas
Jamie Squire/Getty Images Kansas simply had the worst defense in the land last year. In the offseason, they addressed their coaching vacancy by bringing in Charlie Weis. While Weis may help the offense, the Jayhawks may slip from last years 2-10 record down to one win in 2012.

Miami
Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images Miami is going to hope that the defense can get the job done this year. During the offseason, Miami had some of their starters on offense graduate and leave sizable holes.
If the defense can hold up, the Hurricanes have a shot at a bowl game but with the offense likely taking a small step back, Miami could miss out on a bowl game again.

Missouri
Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Missouri is moving to the SEC this year and they are in for a rude awakening. The Tigers have a good team that was competitive in the Big 12 but they will need a few seasons to adjust to their new conference and change the type of athlete they recruit.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
if mizzou can't scrounge up 3 conference wins in the SEC east then they might as well quit football

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
The Good Year Blump

(Also Blumpin' pumpin' a plumpin' is very good but it should probz be spelled plump'un? Like when Al Bundy used to read Big'Uns? Other than that it's pretty perfect.)

Oh wow, I just noticed this. Thanks SkinnyBenny.  :)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Bama fans don't like Mizzou:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170851

pffft, they're obviously just worried about missouri coming in and taking over the top dog spot.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow, we won't be missed by the Big XII.

I am starting to feel like an ugly ex-wife. A harping, shrewish, untalented, uneducated, bad-dressing, philandering, disease marred, poverty stricken ex-wife - with bad teeth and greasy hair.

About TCU. Last year they played (in order) Baylor, Air Force, Louisiana-Monroe, Portland State SMU, San Diego State, New Mexico, BYU, Wyoming, Boise, Colorado State, UNLV and Louisian Tech. Not exactly the land of the giants. Yes they won, and they won a lot, but would the Missouri Tigers not have had better success with that schedule versus the difficult schedule we played?

But they are being lauded as a giant of the industry, much better than the "two teams who left" the Big Texas Conference. Let's see how they do against OU, OSU, and Texas before we make them the equal of MU or A & M.

Excuse me ma'am...but could I get a side of butthurt with that?   :sdeek:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TCU has beaten OU just as many times in recent memory as MU has, and TCU did it @ OU.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
just further validates Mizzou made the right decision

If Big 12 folks need to rationalize that TCU and WVY are such a tremendous step up from Mizzou and Texas A&M to make themselves feel better, let them. They are pretty much showing their true colors now by constantly saying terrible Mizzou is and what an "ungrateful" and whining trouble making is. In the meantime, Texas is up to its old bullying ways by trying to strong arm Texas Tech to play on the Longhorn Network. Good riddance and let the Big 12 institutions complain about Mizzou if they want. Bottom line is Mizzou is a much better place and on much solid ground now in a better, more professionally run, and lucrative conference.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We did more to build Big XII cohesiveness than the other schools combined.

:blank:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
We did more to build Big XII cohesiveness a record number of meth labs than the other schools combined.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As I've said, they've completely wrapped themselves up into the SEC flag because they have no significant athletic achievements to speak of . . . No other school in a similar demographic situation to mu, has accomplished less . . . none.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
As I've said, they've completely wrapped themselves up into the SEC flag because they have no significant athletic achievements to speak of . . . No other school in a similar demographic situation to mu, has accomplished less . . . none.

Saw an old fart wearing this t-shirt this morning. 

http://mutigers.cbscollegestore.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=51&dept_id=18722&product_id=223773

So the crappiest fanbase in the Big 12 is now trying to make friends?   :flush: :facepalm:  I'm sure these shirts will be used as kindling in the methlabs once the beatings start. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope Greenbay sues mizzou

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
That's really desperate.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Hanes  :lol:

God they're poor.

catzacker

it's why their move makes sense for them.  That conference has more schools that haven't done or won anything in the SEC and all they have is the "S-E-C" chant.  It's f'ing perfect for MU.  It's what it must be like to be a good friend of one of the Avengers, and then when you go back to work you brag about how you helped save the world.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was going to start a new thread with this one, but I thought it was a little too far off topic for the football forum:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/06/missouri-mosque-destroyed-in-second-fire-in-a-month/?hpt=hp_t3

Title it something along the lines of "Mizzou fan's spotted fleeing from racist meth ring adventure trip" or something like that.
:dance:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Those guys are going to get really delusional when they win the SEC East this season.