Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213513 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Umm, isn't there a cost to the university associated with having a student on campus?

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

just let wacky have his moment, please

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Umm, isn't there a cost to the university associated with having a student on campus?

Only if they like to protest

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What factor do we need to times the enrollment by to get that cost?

:D

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Let's just call it a billion and worry about the math later.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

:dubious: That percentage of costs make a minimal dent.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:dubious: That percentage of costs make a minimal dent.

Link?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
M^2, do you ever have a natural thought or do you just like to play devils advocate with everything? I worked in the industry, including some at K-state, I understand the books. I said it was a rough estimate, so stop trying to get so technical.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"OMG, guys! Fanning is always a dumbass on here, I refuse to believe he has any type of intelligence without looking into the matter! I'll just refute it!"- M^2

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
National average for tax payer subsidies is $60k per Bachelor degree. mu is probably below average though, so somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15k per year.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Unless they're laying off professors, resident hall workers, etc to offset the reduced number of kids enrolling, I'm not sure how many costs are offset by the reduced number. I mean, they might do it. They might have done it. But under no circumstances can I see a scenario where it's even remotely close to the amount of tuition they lose. And I'm 99% certain whoever said that freshmen classes are the largest was right. People flunk out and never come back.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I imagine they will have to start laying off staff soon. They will be feeling this for years

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
National average for tax payer subsidies is $60k per Bachelor degree. mu is probably below average though, so somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15k per year.

This does not include grants or loans

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
M^2, do you ever have a natural thought or do you just like to play devils advocate with everything? I worked in the industry, including some at K-state, I understand the books. I said it was a rough estimate, so stop trying to get so technical.

lol

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tap out noted

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's just a troll board, relax

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
I'd be interested to see how much KC enrollment is down.  It feels like they've lost a lot of play here in KC since they moved to the SEC.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd be interested to see how much KC enrollment is down.  It feels like they've lost a lot of play here in KC since they moved to the SEC.

Other schools in Missouri are seeing an increase in enrollment.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

in students from Kansas City? i think that's what Pan meant.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm not aware of a way to track that. I just know that enrollment at MU is down, and other Missouri schools are seeing an increase, which indicates that students are choosing other Missouri schools instead of MU. I think the factor sports play is minor.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Anecdotal evidence here, but my neighbor has a daughter that is a student athletes at Mizzou. She graduates in a couple of weeks, but told her mom when all the protests were going down that she would have transferred if she had eligibility remaining. Those ridiculous displays last fall are going to have an impact for years. You know they planned for enrollment increases when they joined the SEC and now the reverse is happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's nice to know that when we feel embarrassed about K-Stateo or whatever, at least we're not Mizzou.  They have so many built in advantages but can never get out of their own way.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
it's nice to know that when we feel embarrassed about K-Stateo or whatever, at least we're not Mizzou.  They have so many built in advantages but can never get out of their own way.
So true...
Fifth down
Larry Smith's wife
Jail tape recordings
Quin Snyder
Frank Haith

They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why would you put Frank Haith and Quin Snyder but not Kim Anderson?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile

I'm not aware of a way to track that. I just know that enrollment at MU is down, and other Missouri schools are seeing an increase, which indicates that students are choosing other Missouri schools instead of MU. I think the factor sports play is minor.

I'm not sure MU's decrease has anything to do with sports, or having average to below average teams for only a few years is costing them, but the Doug Flutie Effect is a very real thing that many universities have experienced. K-State has, though our increase was less immediate and more gradual. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Anecdotal evidence here, but my neighbor has a daughter that is a student athletes at Mizzou. She graduates in a couple of weeks, but told her mom when all the protests were going down that she would have transferred if she had eligibility remaining. Those ridiculous displays last fall are going to have an impact for years. You know they planned for enrollment increases when they joined the SEC and now the reverse is happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See this is what I mean, people just don't want to deal with uppity black folk.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best