Author Topic: The Whiskey Thread  (Read 92713 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Whiskey Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
One of my clients is Chivas. I'm hoping they fly me out there to meet them and I take back crates of the 18 year.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
so why wouldn't you open it?

I think it's just the collector in me.  If I open it and drink it then I won't have it anymore.  I will drink it eventually but it's rare enough that I'll save it for a special occasion i.e, job promotion, repeat of Triple Crown next year.
@lopakman

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
One of my clients is Chivas. I'm hoping they fly me out there to meet them and I take back crates of the 18 year.

Ooh, hoard that sheet.  Get you a butt load of those and then do a Scrooge McDuck in all your full bottles!  Man are you going to have fun with that if it happens. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »

Just tell them your from Titletown, they'll be showering you in gifts of expensive scotch.  Everyone wants to be associated with a winner.

@lopakman

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »

my mom drinks that WC08.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
I've been murdering some Birddog blackberry whiskey lately.  What a tasty drink. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
herp derp crown royal is the best whiskey ever

so annoying. i do like the quilts that people make out of the bags, though.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »
When i was in college i was really into Irish history, especially the war of independance, so i've always had/enjoyed a bottle of Michael Colins whiskey, though i don't know if you can still get it anywhere

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »
open that bottle up and i open you up, son. thats something you drink when barry o stops by your house. save it.

i take this back. drink it, get a nicer bottle for when barry stops in.

I know I'm new here but who's Barry? :dunno:
@lopakman

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

I think it's just the collector in me.  If I open it and drink it then I won't have it anymore.  I will drink it eventually but it's rare enough that I'll save it for a special occasion i.e, job promotion, repeat of Triple Crown next year.

the world isn't going to run out of super premium scotch

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »

the world isn't going to run out of super premium scotch.     

No it's not but due to the increased demand for single malt scotch by the business class in emerging markets the distilleries of Scotland are running low on supplies which is driving up the price and making rare bottlings increasingly difficult to find. It's hard to predict demand and takes many years to catch up to it.                                                                                                                                                                                                       
@lopakman

Offline StevieWonderSniperSchool

• Fan
  • just win baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
would someone with a HWIQ like to explain to me the differences in taste of a bourbon whiskey and a rye whiskey? saw a bottle of templeton rye at the local store and might try it. tia

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:08 PM »

No it's not but due to the increased demand for single malt scotch by the business class in emerging markets the distilleries of Scotland are running low on supplies which is driving up the price and making rare bottlings increasingly difficult to find. It's hard to predict demand and takes many years to catch up to it.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

good rough ridin' grief.  :flush:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »

Sorry you don't know anything about this.
@lopakman

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:57 PM »

Can confirm,  good scotch is a staple in emerging economy as a status symbol (also, see luxury SUVs)  Demand in China for quality scotch is crazy high

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Whiskey Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »

the one thing I know about you is that I know more about "this" than you do.

congrats on saving up for that 750ml tho, and way to flip the bird to those Saudi princes, gulp gulp

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
I mean, the only whiskey you should drink is bourbon, anyway.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
would someone with a HWIQ like to explain to me the differences in taste of a bourbon whiskey and a rye whiskey? saw a bottle of templeton rye at the local store and might try it. tia

In a nutshell, bourbon is a sweeter whiskey, with a lower percentage of rye. Whiskey's that are 51% rye content or more (bulliet rye is like 95% I think) are considered Rye Whiskey, and have a much spicier taste that is more difficult to drink neat or on rocks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Whiskey Thread
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »

Can confirm,  good scotch is a staple in emerging economy as a status symbol (also, see luxury SUVs)  Demand in China for quality scotch is crazy high
pro tip- expensive (not going to borrow your use of the word 'good') crap is a status symbol in every economy

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »
110 dollar scotch doesn't seem like it's all that noteworthy.   :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »
I haven't drank scotch in a while. 

Maybe we can get slammed on some scotch this weekend eh, #Clams?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »
Cask strength single malt or gtfoomf
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:09 PM »

It's not about the cost, it's about the quality amirite clams?
@lopakman

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »
Quality is the only thing that matters about Scotch.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »

It's not about the cost, it's about the quality amirite clams?

you don't even know the quality because you won't open it because it was 110 dollars.