Author Topic: Summer Olympics thread  (Read 76861 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Olympics thread
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
This team USA gymnastics interview with Bob Costas is the worst.  These girls have been too coached for interviews.  Doesn't seem genuine.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
:bigtoke:<---Phelps back in the village.
He deserves it! Do what you want, phelps!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:31 PM »
sorry if luked but N Korea's women's soccer team is banned from the next world cup because 5 or 6 of them tested positive for steroids in the last WC.  The reason given was that the players were struck by lightning during training and needed roids to recoup.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »
If basketball was like swimming Lebron would have 30 gold medals. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:16 PM »
My new goal: Save up money, go to olympics, watch USA win gold, go to medal ceremony, listen to anthem, wait until very end, yell CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!!!, go home happy.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:44 PM »
My new goal: Save up money, go to olympics, watch USA win gold, go to medal ceremony, listen to anthem, wait until very end, yell CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!!!, go home happy.

you would  :flush:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2012, 11:53:06 PM »

So funny.    :flush:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2012, 02:48:18 AM »
i think it would be v. funny cf3

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
sorry if luked but N Korea's women's soccer team is banned from the next world cup because 5 or 6 of them tested positive for steroids in the last WC.  The reason given was that the players were struck by lightning during training and needed roids to recoup.

:horrorsurprise:

We should be more concerned about the lightning than the roids. Telekinetic power would be very useful on a soccer pitch.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
i think it would be v. funny cf3

Looks like I know who gets to come to Brazil with me. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
If I was Phelps, I would wear my swimsuit and sunglasses everywhere from here on.  Even when my eventual party side got to me after I stopped racing and got all extra overweight and sad.  I would still wear the suit and sunglasses everywhere.  I would constantly remind everyone who I was too.

Also, the void Phelps is going to leave in the sport when he is done this year is one that Lockte(SP) will not be able to fill up by giving himself nicknames or buying grills.  It will def be like golf w/o tiger. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
If I was Phelps, I would wear my swimsuit and sunglasses everywhere from here on.  Even when my eventual party side got to me after I stopped racing and got all extra overweight and sad.  I would still wear the suit and sunglasses everywhere.  I would constantly remind everyone who I was too.

Also, the void Phelps is going to leave in the sport when he is done this year is one that Lockte(SP) will not be able to fill up by giving himself nicknames or buying grills.  It will def be like golf w/o tiger.

I disagree to an extent. The olympics are the only time most people watch swimming, and they happen every 4 years. In that time we could have some guy burst onto the scene and fall in love with him. We will always remember Phelps for 2008 (and maybe 2012 if he keeps choking) but there is plenty of time before the next olympics, who knows if Lochte will even swim in those games? The sport of swimming will be fine without Phelps just like every other olympic sport that has had someone who dominated. Everyone agrees that golf ratings take a hit when Tiger doesn't play but golf is a completely different story because of the length of careers and frequency of events.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »

There will be somebody better than Phelps at the next olympics, and nobody will care about him any more.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »

There will be somebody better than Phelps at the next olympics, and nobody will care about him any more.

Wow.....you just delivered an absolute haymaker to all those '92 Dream Team hanger-oners.  Well, except for the part about nobody caring but still, nicely done.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
If basketball was like swimming Lebron would have 30 gold medals.

1on1 should be an event
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
 :love:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »

12 year old j-dub is so jealous of her.

maybe current j-dub is too..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »

Wow.....you just delivered an absolute haymaker to all those '92 Dream Team hanger-oners.  Well, except for the part about nobody caring but still, nicely done.

Thanks. It's the sad but true reality of the olympic games.

I'm in the camp that a basketball game between that team and this year's team would be a very good game. The team sport aspect of basketball, as well as the nature of the game itself make it far less predictable than something like swimming, where the best athlete almost always wins. If we were setting up one on one basketball games using the lineup of this year's team vs the '92 dream team, I think this year's team wins hands down, though.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »

Hey John, nice Creamsicle orange cargo shorts bro!  I love the way you tuck that shirt in and keep that back pocket flap flappin' in the wind! 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »

Hey John, nice Creamsicle orange cargo shorts bro!  I love the way you tuck that shirt in and keep that back pocket flap flappin' in the wind!

:dubious:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile