Author Topic: Not sure if this shou go into the CTR or Currie pads his resume master thread?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Kansas State Athletic Director John Currie keeps a laminated 3-by-5 index card outlining the department's budget for the current fiscal year in his pocket at all times.

:flush:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Kansas State's rise to profitability didn't come without some pain, as Currie recalls having to cut staff his first year in office to help trim expenses. He points out that Kansas State has the smallest full-time headcount in the Big XII, with 132 athletic department staff members. It has also cut back expenses in other areas, including football recruiting.

That's just awesome, John.  Let's make it our goal to cut recruiting expenses every year so we can keep on being more profitable than everyone else.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kansas State's rise to profitability didn't come without some pain, as Currie recalls having to cut staff his first year in office to help trim expenses. He points out that Kansas State has the smallest full-time headcount in the Big XII, with 132 athletic department staff members. It has also cut back expenses in other areas, including football recruiting.

That's just awesome, John.  Let's make it our goal to cut recruiting expenses every year so we can keep on being more profitable than everyone else.

Actually I think the cut back was more of Snyder cutting back what Prince was spending. (remember at one point Prince had us in the top 10 in recruitment spending in the nation). Currie is taking credit for it because in his mind it padding his resume.
RIP Fatty

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
How many times daily does Currie think about his high school speech teacher reminding him to use hand gestures?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
There's nothing wrong with being fiscally responsible, especially for a school with limited resources like kstate, but let's add this to the butthurt chart.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How many times daily does Currie think about his high school speech teacher reminding him to use hand gestures?

it's painful to watch

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I haven't read the specific news articles, but I've seen out there that a school like Florida State is projecting something like a $3 million dollar budget shortfall, Texas A&M athletics had to go borrow something like $10 million dollars from the school a couple of years ago.   I heard Cheyenne Zulu on BITB about a month ago or so, and you could tell he was sweating it out this Fiscal year, talking about how they've cut way back on using the private jet and cut other travel expenses as well.   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I haven't read the specific news articles, but I've seen out there that a school like Florida State is projecting something like a $3 million dollar budget shortfall, Texas A&M athletics had to go borrow something like $10 million dollars from the school a couple of years ago.   I heard Cheyenne Zulu on BITB about a month ago or so, and you could tell he was sweating it out this Fiscal year, talking about how they've cut way back on using the private jet and cut other travel expenses as well.   

KU prob saved $1m US in food costs when they fired mangino!  amirite?  HOLLA!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

KU prob saved $1m US in food costs when they fired mangino!  amirite?  HOLLA!

Just think of the savings to their utility bill for AC to his office and water to his elephant shower. :tsc:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also KU prob saved a ton of cash hiring an AD from the mid majors, prob $1M a year, amirite?  HOLLABACK!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh you got that right Clams!

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile

Just think of the savings to their utility bill for AC to his office and water to his elephant shower. :tsc:

Great stuff here.  :lol:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

dude you know some tuck blew their load on that.  Probably made a comment about "I wish OBAMA had a card like that".  Then proceeded to make his own card about the budget of his seed plant or cattle yard to show the Mexicans how great he is doing in broken spanish. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
And then we wonder why LSU is outbidding us for assistant coaches.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And then we wonder why LSU is outbidding us for assistant coaches.

You missed the funeral pyre, it's time to move on basketball is dead.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Beems isnt going to like this

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beems isnt going to like acknowledge this

FYP

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
We're gonna need that scratch when then the NCAA hits KSU for major recruiting violations. Fighting that major Overland Park law firm isn't going to be cheap.

Offline The Odd Get Even

• Better team. Tougher schedule. Men, or hen?
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Just think of the savings to their utility bill for AC to his office and water to his elephant shower.

Weis will revive this expense category, so those savings were only temporary (doubt Gill needed them).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
We're gonna need that scratch when then the NCAA hits KSU for major recruiting violations. Fighting that major Overland Park law firm isn't going to be cheap.

Yeah, those guys must have quite a case worked up by now.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Look at the schools behind us in revenue, Mizzou, Clemson, GT, WVU, Arizona.  Check out Louisville, they completely clown the entire Big East and the ACC.  Florida State should be pissed.