Author Topic: North Tejas 1989  (Read 18969 times)

Offline Mike Ahearn

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: North Tejas 1989
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
I specifically want to hear about us losing to Austin Peay.

I was there.  It was a night game.  At the conclusion of the game, the Austin Peay players danced at midfield.  If my memory serves, a purple rectangle embedded with white interlocking "K S U" letters was painted on midfield.  After the game, Willie Nelson performed a Farm Aid concert in the rain from a makeshift stage erected at the north endzone.   Miserable game and evening.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »
I wasn't at the game. I listened on the radio. I was going crazy when we won. My dad was listening in the tractor out in the field next to the house. He came home right after the 'cats won. He got out and immediately started doing the "WHAT IT IS! WHAT IT IS!"

Dobber gets a tear in his eye to this day every time I see the video of the game or think about that day...my dad died a couple of months later.  :cry:

Your Dad sounds like he was amazingly EMAW. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
Big 8 guys' shorts  :fatty:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
I wasn't at the game. I listened on the radio. I was going crazy when we won. My dad was listening in the tractor out in the field next to the house. He came home right after the 'cats won. He got out and immediately started doing the "WHAT IT IS! WHAT IT IS!"

Dobber gets a tear in his eye to this day every time I see the video of the game or think about that day...my dad died a couple of months later.  :cry:

Your Dad sounds like he was amazingly EMAW.
oh yeah! A great man and a great emaw!

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
little daris was at that game and down on the field after it. but then again i am a great ksu cat fan, so where else would i have been?

I'm pretty sure I was in the stands trying to peg the UNT coach in the head with vodka spiked oranges.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
Our team was absolutely terrible. Their DE was just destroying out LT that entire drive...Every....Single....Play

And Straw's drop  :lol: :bang: :lol: