Author Topic: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?  (Read 84426 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »
Show me one of your Big XII north titles  :lol:

Big 12 Conference titles by school

As of June 1, 2011. List includes both regular-season, tournament titles, and co-championships. List does not include conference championships won prior to the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1996.[118]
Current members

Texas - 115 (122 including 7 football division championships)[118]
    Texas A&M - 53 (56 including 3 football division championships)[118]
    Oklahoma - 39 (47 including 8 football division championships)[118]
    Oklahoma State - 43 (44 including 1 football division championship)[118]
    Baylor - 42[118]
    Kansas - 24 (25 including 1 football division championship)[118]
    Iowa State - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)[118]
    Texas Tech - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)[118]
    Missouri - 9 (12 including 3 football division championships)[118]
    Kansas State - 7 (11 including 4 football division championships)[118]

There's our K-State, bringing up the rear.  Celebrate good times, come on!

:ksu:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

:lol:

Why do you store pictures of random crowd shots of girls on your computer?  Very creepy.

I don't.  Google search.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »

As of June 1, 2011. List includes both regular-season, tournament titles, and co-championships. List does not include conference championships won prior to the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1996.[118]
Current members

Baylor - 42[118]

This is some very bold research from a fan of a school that got their ass handed to them in 17 of 18 games last year.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »

Current members

Baylor - 42[118]

Where did you get these numbers?

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I'm starting to realize beems thinks a 2 deep is looking down some poor girl's shirt

lol

Offline CloneBroChill

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »
The BCS is obviously meaningless and Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), and the fact that Weis took Notre Dame to two BCS bowls is confirmation.
With Ty Willingham's players and playing a less than stellar schedule....
-0-2 vs USC in that span

LOL @ Iowa State (2nd worst program in the Big 12 behind K-State)
Funny how you have to bring up the past all the time....

We got one too! :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:43:35 PM by CloneBroChill »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »
You don't talk present with Kansas fans. They'll switch the topic to basketball real quick in a football thread. And Snyder years don't count cause he's a mythical creature, and Turner years don't count cause they were an epic failure, and the last two years don't count in football cause they weren't there (literally cause they weren't in attendance), and 13-1 didn't happen cause other sports don't count (they only do if they win those games, see Beems post in the Kstate baseball thread). It's simple, if it doesn't look good for KU, they post titty pics of some girl wearing blue. It's really amazing how much the phog has dumb downed their fanbase. T's & P's.

Offline CloneBroChill

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
You don't talk present with Kansas fans. They'll switch the topic to basketball real quick in a football thread. And Snyder years don't count cause he's a mythical creature, and Turner years don't count cause they were an epic failure, and the last two years don't count in football cause they weren't there (literally cause they weren't in attendance), and 13-1 didn't happen cause other sports don't count (they only do if they win those games, see Beems post in the Kstate baseball thread). It's simple, if it doesn't look good for KU, they post titty pics of some girl wearing blue. It's really amazing how much the phog has dumb downed their fanbase. T's & P's.
That's what I'm picking up...It's almost a mirror of talking to a Nebraska or to a lesser extent, an Iowa fan, it'll always end up in football because "they don't care about basketball"....unless they're winning....which thankfully hasn't happened....

My theory on 13-1 is that it doesn't take much to go 13-1 when they play a Jr. High Schedule through out.....

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2012, 12:06:56 AM »
That's what I'm picking up...It's almost a mirror of talking to a Nebraska or to a lesser extent, an Iowa fan, it'll always end up in football because "they don't care about basketball"....unless they're winning....which thankfully hasn't happened....

My theory on 13-1 is that it doesn't take much to go 13-1 when they play a Jr. High Schedule through out.....

I think the 13-1 reference was the head-to-head record of KSU vs. KU in all sports during the 2010-2011 school year.  Aside from the men's basketball game in Lawrence, we literally swept them in everything.  It was laughable. 

Offline CloneBroChill

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »

I think the 13-1 reference was the head-to-head record of KSU vs. KU in all sports during the 2010-2011 school year.  Aside from the men's basketball game in Lawrence, we literally swept them in everything.  It was laughable.
Oh I gotcha, I referenced 13-1 to KU's fluky BCS appearance that Phoghorn Leghorn tried to post in his menagerie of glorious KU photos... ...Its ironic that there's more than 1 meaning for that record...

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2012, 12:58:56 AM »

U mad, wackycat?

K-State is currently 145 games under .500 all-time.  Maybe in 50 years or so, when we're all Scheme Doctor's age, you guys will be able to crack .500. 

:love:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2012, 01:02:26 AM »

Oh I gotcha, I referenced 13-1 to KU's fluky BCS appearance that Phoghorn Leghorn tried to post in his menagerie of glorious KU photos... ...Its ironic that there's more than 1 meaning for that record...

I honestly can't even fathom the idea of Iowa State winning a BCS Bowl or a national championship.  It's kind of like infinity... I mean I understand the concept, but wrapping my head around the actual reality of infinity... that's tough.  Glad to see that the Farmaggedon rivalry remains strong, though.

:flush:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2012, 01:03:05 AM »
So which KU players would play for us, Beems?

/inb4titpic

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2012, 01:03:28 AM »

And yet, KU ended up with a couple Big 12 titles in the trophy case that year.  Zero for K-State and Iowa State (as usual).

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:17 AM »
So which KU players would play for us, Beems?

/inb4titpic

Thought we were talking 2-deep, not starters.  I've already thrown out a few names, including guys like Hawkinson, McDougald, Pierson, Crist, Patterson, Lubbock Smith, Michael Reynolds, Greg Brown, Darius Willis, several Notre Dame transfers, and probably a few more that will emerge after the summer.  If you think K-State is that much better than KU to where you have 44 players going 2-deep all the way around that would play ahead of everyone on KU's roster, well, you guys are more delusional than previously thought.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2012, 01:09:13 AM »
Crist would be a pretty good backup.

(to Sams)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2012, 01:10:37 AM »
Crist would be a pretty good backup.

(to Sams)

To the guy who got sacked four times in K-State's spring game?  Man, he sounds elite.  I'm sure a 5-star top 50 prospect would play behind him.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »
Crist was a top 50 prospect before blowing out both knees and becoming a paraplegic.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
Crist was a top 50 prospect before blowing out both knees and becoming a paraplegic.

He looked really good last Saturday.  Will probably have a better NFL career than Klein if he can stay healthy. 

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2012, 01:20:21 AM »

He looked really good last Saturday.  Will probably have a better NFL career than Klein if he can stay healthy.

A.) He can't stay healthy and B.) Apples to Oranges

He did some pretty good things at Notre Dame, but his inability to stay healthy and occasional mental lapses really hurt him.  The latter of which being why he never really got a fair chance to run Brian Kelly's offense.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:26:10 AM by EMAWmeister »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »

He did some pretty good things at Notre Dame, but his inability to stay healthy and occasional mental lapses really hurt him.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.  I think he might be better than Jordan Webb.

:dunno:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2012, 01:29:40 AM »

He did some pretty good things at Notre Dame, but his inability to stay healthy and occasional mental lapses really hurt him.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.  I think he might be better than Jordan Webb.

:dunno:

Oh absolutely, he's miles better than any other qb y'all had.  I'm just saying I think he's fairly overrated.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2012, 03:14:09 AM »
All I got from this thread is that despite Beems' 130 IQ, he doesn't know what infinity is.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2012, 04:50:43 AM »
Thanks to Clams and his awesome thread we get to see some real struttin and cuttin, so blessed and frankly just adorable: