Author Topic: ESPN Ultimate Big 12 Road Trip  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN Ultimate Big 12 Road Trip
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE at a jampacked LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium, where today, two of the nation's-best square off for a chance to share the top spot in the Big 12 conference with Oklahoma.  Each defense will have its hands full.  Led by its Heisman frontrunning quarterback, Collin Klein, the Wildcats' offense is behaving like a python, squeezing opposing teams into paralysis with its ball control offense.  The Wildcats' defense though, led by the Big 12's leading tackler, Arthur Brown, will have a similar test, because it faces Joseph Randle, and the Cowboy's Wild West spread offense.  Hope you didn't forget your sunglasses, folks, because this dandy is sure to have a lot of fireworks.  It's Kansas State.  It's Oklahoma State.  It's the Big 12's game of the week.  And it's next.   
Thank you, dlew.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
Brent: Let's send it down to Erin Andrews on the sideline for a report.  Erin?

Erin: Well Brent the blowout happening on the field may not be too exciting, but the Kansas State student section still finds way to entertain itself with their unofficial second fight song.  You see, in 1968, the campus building that housed the music department burned down, and the only piece of sheet music left was something called Wabash Cannonball.  They played it at the next game, and it was an instant hit.  And they still play and dance along to it today!

*the band plays the wabash*

Brent: Thanks for that Erin, that is a great story.  This really is a special little town.

Kirk: Well you know what I did yesterday afternoon, Brent?

Brent: What's that partner?

Kirk: I went house shopping!  I just love it here, the passion, the atmosphere... and the burgers at So Long Saloon the other night!

Brent: Right you are, Kirk.  Well let's get back to the action, here's Sams playing a little garbage time, dropping back and firing downfield to Lockett at the 20, 15, 10 5 touchdown K-State!  That's good for a 42 point lead and my goodness is LHC Bill Snyder proving a point or what?

Kirk: He really wants that #1 ranking, Brent.  And look at Collin Klein going crazy on the sidelines!
emaw

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Erin: Well Brent the blowout happening on the field may not be too exciting, but the Kansas State student section still finds way to entertain itself with their unofficial second fight song.  You see, in 1968, the campus building that housed the music department burned down, and the only piece of sheet music left was something called Wabash Cannonball.  They played it at the next game, and it was an instant hit.  And they still play and dance along to it today!

I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

Yep.
emaw

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
This is just getting ridiculous, you guys. We know that you love us, ESPN, but kindly get off of our nuts please.

Here's the Week 11 slate in the Big 12:
Baylor at Oklahoma
Iowa State at Texas
Kansas at Texas Tech
Kansas State at TCU
West Virginia at Oklahoma State

My pick: Kansas State at TCU

Somehow, we made it until Week 11 before I got a chance to see the Horned Frogs play. In Week 11, it would be at TCU's shiny, brand-new Amon G. Carter Stadium. As we've mentioned before, it's tough to project how the Big 12 standings will look this late in the season, but this game could serve as a de facto elimination game in the Big 12 title race.

That may be more true for TCU than Kansas State, but this will be a fun game with a whole lot of purple. The Horned Frogs and Wildcats are two of the most physical teams in the entire league, and we'll see a game that doesn't look like all that much of a "Big 12" game once it starts. K-State has two 900-yard rushers in John Hubert and Collin Klein, and Robert Rose has come on strong this spring.

TCU boast three 700-yard rushers, but has a more evolved passing game than anything Kansas State showed through 2011. Will that change with another year of experience. Could be.

Klein could show something special in what would be a huge win for Kansas State, or an even bigger one for TCU.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/48881/the-ultimate-big-12-road-trip-week-11

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Sheesh.

:thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
ESPN Ultimate Big 12 Road Trip
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
My god we are America's team once again

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
We're back, goddammit!
emaw

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: ESPN Ultimate Big 12 Road Trip
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
My god we are America's team once again

We are more of America's team than we ever were. Snyder has gone from crotchety bad person to adorable wise old moan. And we played Miami so no one in the media really has anything to complain about.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
This is just getting ridiculous, you guys. We know that you love us, ESPN, but kindly get off of our nuts please.

it's tough to project how the Big 12 standings will look this late in the season, but this game could serve as a de facto elimination game in the Big 12 title race.

That may be more true for TCU than Kansas State

He doesn't think we are going to be better than TCU, I guess. :rolleyes:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »

it's tough to project how the Big 12 standings will look this late in the season, but this game could serve as a de facto elimination game in the Big 12 title race.

That may be more true for TCU than Kansas State

I took that to mean that we could lose the game and still be in the hunt for the title. :dunno:

He doesn't think we are going to be better than TCU, I guess. :rolleyes: